Essential Items Checklist

I've been thinking up a checklist of things you need to take with you to LFCC (or conventions in general). This may be useful for anyone going to a convention for the first time. Mine is:

* Tickets (entry and photoshoot)

* Camera

* Spare batteries for phone/camera

* Copy of the schedule (so I can plan ahead and mark off who I'm meeting where and when)

* Folder for photos and autographs (you really don't want to carry them in your hands most of the day or stick them straight in your bag!)

* Cardboard tube (for posters or prints - similar to above but it's easy to get caught out)

* Coat (in case it rains)

* Sunscreen (although you expect to mostly be indoors, it's all too easy to get caught out with queueing outside or sitting outside for a bit during the show)

* Notebook (personally always take one, just in case)

Anybody think of anything I've missed?

- G

Couple of obvious ones like food/drink and money I guess. Considering the weather I'd be taking at least one decent sized drink regardless of whether you intend to buy food there or not.

Pens/Pencils or whatever to go with the notepad.

Anything you want to get signed (be it items or if you have your own signature book).

Any props you might want to have.

I'd personally recommend a small bottle of handwash or something. I'd hate to be walking around with greasy hands and meeting guests or handling items. Same could also be said for a can of deodorant.

Maybe a small carrier bag or other bag to put things in.

Entertainment if you want it on the journeys to and from the event.

Any appropriate overnight stuff you may need if you are staying for more than a day.

If you are cosplaying you may want stuff like sewing equipment, tape, glue, etc to make quick fixes to costumes.

Some of those are a bit too specific and wouldn't be part of a must have list but it depends what you are doing really. A lot of that is probably taking it too far but it's up to each individual how prepared they want to be.

• Like 1

Wetwipes, deodorant :blush: , food (sandwiches, biscuits and sweets), drink (water and mountain dew), monster munch crisps :dance: , ibuprofen and asprin in case i feel ill :stretcher:​ , autograph items, poundshop plastic A4 box to store the autos in. Agenda printed out for the group i'm with so we all know what time to meet up and where etc during the day. Mobile phone, portable charger, camera and batteries for camera. Change of clothes as I might get tired/dirty or stressed whilst cosplaying. Some gifts for a couple of guests that I have met before :wub2: . Oyster and housekeys. Purse with lots of money (lots of five pound notes) :clap: and earlybird tickets..

Hope I haven't forgotten anything. Oh and get a good nights sleep.

:whistling:

Food

Water

Headache tablets

I take an A4 hardback envelope with a few plastic wallets in to put my photos straight in - it's small enough to go straight in my rucksack and not get damaged.

Camera - fully wully charged.

Hand sanitiser

What I'm not taking this year... my coat. One less thing to carry around.

Couple of obvious ones like food/drink and money I guess. Considering the weather I'd be taking at least one decent sized drink regardless of whether you intend to buy food there or not.

Pens/Pencils or whatever to go with the notepad.

Anything you want to get signed (be it items or if you have your own signature book).

Any props you might want to have.

I'd personally recommend a small bottle of handwash or something. I'd hate to be walking around with greasy hands and meeting guests or handling items. Same could also be said for a can of deodorant.

Maybe a small carrier bag or other bag to put things in.

Entertainment if you want it on the journeys to and from the event.

Any appropriate overnight stuff you may need if you are staying for more than a day.

If you are cosplaying you may want stuff like sewing equipment, tape, glue, etc to make quick fixes to costumes.

Some of those are a bit too specific and wouldn't be part of a must have list but it depends what you are doing really. A lot of that is probably taking it too far but it's up to each individual how prepared they want to be.

Cannot emphasise this enough!! Please people, personal hygiene is a must, especially with so many people in a confined space...

A Thermal detonator to chuck at people.

I'm steering clear of you this weekend!!!

Surely that should be the otehr way around.... stay as close as possible, he'll be chucking it at people... Time to invade some perosnal space me thinks... :whistling: