TFL disruptions email for this weekend

Just received this in the mail detailing the disruptions to the underground and overground.

Have a butcher's and see if there is anything affecting you - Don't forget to check your rail network too if coming by train into London.

Edited by Zahariel
  • Like 1

Blimey there's a few part closures, luckily it doesn't affect me!

Thanks!

EDIT

Actually: I see one starts from Earls Court to Wimbledon. If I'm coming from Green Park can I still get off at Earls Court?

Edited by minchb

Thanks!

EDIT

Actually: I see one starts from Earls Court to Wimbledon. If I'm coming from Green Park can I still get off at Earls Court?

Yes, as it is different line.

Thanks!

EDIT

Ah thank you! I assume I can use that line to go back on myself also?

Thanks!

EDIT

All other district lines are working and your line, the piccadilly line is fine.

Thanks!

EDIT

All other district lines are working and your line, the piccadilly line is fine.

Thank you for your help! :D

• Like 1

Doesn't look to be disruptive for me luckily the overground from clapham junction to west Brompton is unaffected. Thanks though :) zahariel, what time train are you getting from Brighton on Sunday? Might be on the same one

I'll be getting the 06:13 from BTN - the next one doesn't arrive at WBP until 08:40 - I'm getting my Stan auto on the Sunday morning so want to be in there early.

Doesn't look to be disruptive for me luckily the overground from clapham junction to west Brompton is unaffected. Thanks though :) zahariel, what time train are you getting from Brighton on Sunday? Might be on the same one

I'll be getting the 06:13 from BTN - the next one doesn't arrive at WBP until 08:40 - I'm getting my Stan auto on the Sunday morning so want to be in there early.

Ah we're on the second one out that gets in at 08:40, you'll be way ahead of us :lol:

Those changes don't really seem to affect me. But can I get an opinion on my journey anyway? I'm familiar with the underground but have not been to Earl's Court or West Brompton before so this'll be my first LFCC event. I've got 2 options (Saturday morning)

Option 1:

Leave Andover on the 7:38 train to London Waterloo. Get off at Clapham Junction, have a 25 minute-ish wait at CJ before getting on a train to West Brompton to arrive at 9:08.

Option 2:

Leave Andover on the 7:38 train to London Waterloo, staying on it to arrive at Waterloo for about 10 to 9. Then get on the underground up to Embankment, swap onto a District line, get off at Earl's Court and walk down to West Brompton.

I feel like the first option is the more logical of the 2. I'm familiar enough with Clapham Junction to navigate my way around and we'll have 25 minutes to find our platform which should be plenty of time. Just to confirm I do have a few questions though:

The train from Clapham to West Brompton stops basically at the event by the looks of it (and the directions on the LFCC site say the venue is right there). The walk from Earl's Court down doesn't look very far but I judge it'll be more annoying than being dropped at the event?

How busy it is likely to be in the morning on the CJ to WB train? It's a big event and I know it'll be busy on the train regardless of whether I go via Waterloo or Clapham.

I won't need to buy any separate tickets for this will I? Unlike going via London where I'd need an Underground ticket as well as the standard train.

For my own confirmation and peace of mind really I just want to check that going via Clapham and using the overground will in fact be cheaper and easier overall instead of going into London (regardless of the line closures).

Thanks

Edited by Acsel

Those changes don't really seem to affect me. But can I get an opinion on my journey anyway? I'm familiar with the underground but have not been to Earl's Court or West Brompton before so this'll be my first LFCC event. I've got 2 options (Saturday morning)

Option 1:

Leave Andover on the 7:38 train to London Waterloo. Get off at Clapham Junction, have a 25 minute-ish wait at CJ before getting on a train to West Brompton to arrive at 9:08.

Option 2:

Leave Andover on the 7:38 train to London Waterloo, staying on it to arrive at Waterloo for about 10 to 9. Then get on the underground up to Embankment, swap onto a District line, get off at Earl's Court and walk down to West Brompton.

I feel like the first option is the more logical of the 2. I'm familiar enough with Clapham Junction to navigate my way around and we'll have 25 minutes to find our platform which should be plenty of time. Just to confirm I do have a few questions though:

The train from Clapham to West Brompton stops basically at the event by the looks of it (and the directions on the LFCC site say the venue is right there). The walk from Earl's Court down doesn't look very far but I judge it'll be more annoying than being dropped at the event?

How busy it is likely to be in the morning on the CJ to WB train? It's a big event and I know it'll be busy on the train regardless of whether I go via Waterloo or Clapham.

I won't need to buy any separate tickets for this will I? Unlike going via London where I'd need an Underground ticket as well as the standard train.

For my own confirmation and peace of mind really I just want to check that going via Clapham and using the overground will in fact be cheaper and easier overall instead of going into London (regardless of the line closures).

Thanks

I'd go with option 1 - Simple with less chance for problems. The Clapham to West Brompton train is quick with only 1 other stop, it starts at Clapham so over crowding won't be a problem.

Option 1:

Option 2:

Thanks

I'd go with option 1 - Simple with less chance for problems. The Clapham to West Brompton train is quick with only 1 other stop, it starts at Clapham so over crowding won't be a problem.

That's great, good to hear. Thanks :)