Regarding the guest lineup

Hey Guys,

I had a thought about the guests today. A lot of people think that the lineup for Glasgow is quite poor this year and that we're being ignored. (I don't necessarily agree, although I'm only meeting 4 guests at the minute.)

LFCC is going to be massive this year, and showmasters have been focusing on that event so far. I think that after LFCC has passed, SM will be able to attend to their other events, and they will add more guests to Glasgow. (More GoT people, please!)

Im still worried that there won't be any Doctor Who guests, with Cardiff a week after and then other events after it, I dunno, I'm just worried there won't be any Doctor Who guests :(

What kinds of guests do you mean? I would really like to meet Karen Gillan, but unfortunately I know how unlikely that is :(

Im still worried that there won't be any Doctor Who guests, with Cardiff a week after and then other events after it, I dunno, I'm just worried there won't be any Doctor Who guests :(

What kinds of guests do you mean? I would really like to meet Karen Gillan, but unfortunately I know how unlikely that is :(

Like Eve Myles, Some more classic doctors and companions, also I'd also love Anthony D Stewart (I'm a massive Buffy fan also he appeared in my favourite Doctor Who episode School Reunion)

(I know some of these where here last year but I didn't know about the event then and I'm sure bringing them back won't hurt)

But I would LOVE it if Peter Jenna and Steven came on the Saturday and we have a screening for the episode with them, like the Cardiff one, but in Glasgow (peters home town and Stevens area) and it's the day the episode airs (please do that Showmasters omg)

About Karen Gillian, i understand it's a small arena that can't hold big guests like that, but what if they announced they big guests after the event meaning there won't be a massive crowd, or put a limit on tickets. I'd love big guests to come to Glasgow,

1) All the big guests go to London as that (as it's mostly known) so give us something

2) Half the actors from doctor who where born here :P

This is an event I'm always going to come to as it's on,y a 30 minute train ride and it's easy to get to, i love it that Scotland are getting something :)

Edited by _ItsWilliam_

Im still worried that there won't be any Doctor Who guests,

You do know that Sylvester McCoy was one of the Doctors

Yes I do, and you don't know how excited I am that I'm going to meet him!

I was meaning I'm worried that there won't be any more Doctor who guests announced after LFCC

I'd love more doctors to come, I'm quite a greedy person :P

Edited by _ItsWilliam_

Given the huge popularity of Robert Englund & Lance Henrikson last year, I'd be stunned if Showmasters didn't have a few big names up their sleeves. Hopefully, Horror.

Or Emilia Clarke :clap:

YES PLEASE.

i met maisie williams at a gig this last weekend and now i'm so excited to meet more GOT characters. already booked ops with the ones announced so far. :D

Last year was my first event, and gotta say, Robert & Lance were my main reason for going.

Personally, id much prefer some big movie names rather than dr who or GoT. Seeing some of the guests at the other shows makes me proper jealous. Id love guests like Carl Weathers, Michael Biehn, Tony Todd etc. I wouldnt even mind paying that bit more for the chance to meet them.

If showmasters really want to make my birthday special (which is today by the way) they will announce mr Sam J Jones and Mr 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper as Glasgow Guests :dance:(I can dream can't I)

Edited by Matthewman
  • Like 1

Given the huge popularity of Robert Englund & Lance Henrikson last year, I'd be stunned if Showmasters didn't have a few big names up their sleeves. Hopefully, Horror.

Or Emilia Clarke :clap:

YES PLEASE.

i met maisie williams at a gig this last weekend and now i'm so excited to meet more GOT characters. already booked ops with the ones announced so far. :D

Haha lucky! I would love to meet any GoT actors, especially Maisie or Emilia.

• Like 1

We have Star Wars, GOT and Doctor Who.

What we need now is something different for the fans of OTHER things.

So that it's fair to everyone, but I'm sure the guys in charge know this already.

*cough* horror related please *cough*

:D

will you be selling at glasgow Waxwork?? I remember a while back seeing some of your stuff on fb. I especially liked the tremors and facehugger models :)

• Like 1

Although I am a fan of doctor who we need more than that for glasgow! Glasgow for me needs a few head liners! Our home grown talent/ artists/ writers. As of nowits good but time is running out so I do hope showmasters has something up there sleeve!

• Like 1

There are tons of Doctor Who and Game of Thrones actors who are Scottish, so there's no excuse, Showmasters! Haha, but seriously, some big guests from either (or both) shows would be lovely, along with some big movie names :P

• 3 weeks later...

I'm actually quite happy with the guest line up. Last year was absolutely mind blowing! But this year looks really good too! Loads of cool Star Wars guests is all I need . Yeah Baker and Prowse have been before, and I have met them at various events, but they are such good guests. I always have so many questions for them, and they always answer them so enthusiastically. Big thanks to the team.

• Moderators

And yet we've had people in the past complain that there's too many B7 guests, or too many Doctor Who guests for example. So again it really does just come down to what each person wants, as even just this topic shows.