How early is early?!

Hey guys!

Got so caught up in my move back home to the UK from overseas that I completely forgot to purchase earlybird tickets let alone any of the photo tickets :thumbdown: ! Useless! So now my question to you wonderful people is....what time would you advise I get in the queue for the on the door tickets on Saturday? I want to get in as soon as is possible for us lateys but not sure how early that means I should turn up to get a good spot in the queue!

Thanks guys and see you all there! :dance:

Was that with early bird tickets as that's where I have my problem - I was particularly amateur and forgot to get them! I will just be queuing for on the door, on the day ticket sales and am not sure when I should turn up to queue for them to get a good spot in the line!

• Showmasters Admin

It's a crystal ball thing but based on my previous arrival times you will definitely need to be there before 8am if you want to be within the first 100.

Agreed for the pay-on-the-day line I'd say 7:30ish. But that is based on previous years and this year IS a lot bigger and it's simply impossible to know how many and when people will turn up.

Hey guys!

Got so caught up in my move back home to the UK from overseas that I completely forgot to purchase earlybird tickets let alone any of the photo tickets :thumbdown: ! Useless! So now my question to you wonderful people is....what time would you advise I get in the queue for the on the door tickets on Saturday? I want to get in as soon as is possible for us lateys but not sure how early that means I should turn up to get a good spot in the queue!

You mean you aren't queuing yet? Really, if you have to ask, you won't be among the first 100 :whistling:

Hey guys!

You mean you aren't queuing yet? Really, if you have to ask, you won't be among the first 100 :whistling:

Ohhhh this is gonna cause panic.

Hey guys!

Ohhhh this is gonna cause panic.

There can actually only be 100 people among the first 100. I expect those people to queue before I go to bed.

In far as getting things done, those 100 aren't important though. With Stan now signing on Friday afternoon too, I think that eleviates one of the biggest bottle necks. As for the others, if you are there before 9 and can stay until the end, you'll most probably be fine.

starting to sweat this a bit now…i have tickets for the friday and sunday and have read on here that people will be queuing from 3 for the friday. Is this just for those without tickets? Or are ticket holders also queuing up?

This is my first con and i've broken the seal because of Stan Lee (natch) and i'm already stressed about crowds and hanging around with an 18 month old that needs entertaining! gah!

• Showmasters Admin

If I buy my Saturday Early Entry Tickets on Friday and don't show up until 11am On Saturday, will I have to queue for long or would it be a small early entry queue?

You go straight in. The queue there will be for Standard entry. You have early-bird so DO NOT join the queue, go to the front and see the crew at the doors.

starting to sweat this a bit now…i have tickets for the friday and sunday and have read on here that people will be queuing from 3 for the friday. Is this just for those without tickets? Or are ticket holders also queuing up?

This is my first con and i've broken the seal because of Stan Lee (natch) and i'm already stressed about crowds and hanging around with an 18 month old that needs entertaining! gah!

Stan will be signing from 11.30 on Friday, so you can get his autograph before the show opens and it will probably be a lot less busy.

We are staying in Twickenham at my mates house. Planning on leaving there on the 6.50 train so should be there 7.30ish and we have early bird tickets. We had Pedro Pascal at 9.30 which is why we were going so early but obviously thats not happening now but not changing plans. Got there 8.30ish last year and was queued nearly all the way round the building, but the queue does move quick once it gets going

Stan will be signing from 11.30 on Friday, so you can get his autograph before the show opens and it will probably be a lot less busy.

Thanks, yeah was thinking this…still trying to get the logistics of having the little one needing to be amused and the queues…NOBODY wants a stress baby and be hanging around.

So for the regular con goers, is a 3pm arrival for the 6pm on the friday something that happens quite regularly? I know it's impossible to predict what will happen this year but i'm imagining that whatever it normally is it'll be worse this year…or busier. worse is pretty negative.

Edited by Zemo

• Moderators

I arrived at nearly 5 last year and was within the first 100-150 or so. While it's going to be busier this year, I don't think anyone is going to have to arrive at stupid hours. (I'm personally probably still not going to be there until gone 4 and I have several guests to meet!)

I feel like I'm pushing it now by arriving at 8.30am on the Saturday. I'll be staying till close though so not sure if that compensates? I only want to see Lena, Sharni and Wendy. I imagine the only VT will be Lena though, maybe?

Thanks guys! I'm not bothered about seeing Stan, Carrie, John, or the others that I know will be insanely busy. So I should be fine then? Especially since I'll be going straight for Lena's VT as soon as I get in :)