Gold Pass Delivery option - insufficient postage

Just received a snotty email telling me that I didn't pay sufficient postage for a Gold Pass + 3 x photo shoots. I selected Gold Pass Delivery as per the instructions so what did I do wrong to invite such ire? The email alleges that repeated attempts to email me for more money have been ignored, which is rubbish - this is the first contact I've had since receiving the order confirmation email. If I had been asked to pay more money, I would have responded.

Apparently, I now have to take said snotty email to the Sales Desk to collect my order - does this mean my Gold Pass will be on the Sales Desk or do I still join the Gold/Silver/Comic queue to pick it up?

The gold ticket you don't get sent, you collect it at the event (so I assume it ends up being nothing). I think it was for the photoshoots that had no delivery cost on them. Have you checked your spam for the missing emails they might have ended up in there.

Edited by wereleopard

Gold pass delivery is for gold pass only as it's a pick up item. If you only anything else with it you have to pay normal delivery.

Exactly that. Gold pass delivery is for Gold Pass orders only. As soon as you "mix" the order by adding anything else you will have to pay normal delivery costs. Photo tickets are being sent, Gold Passes are pick up at the event only.

This sounds like a problem with your spam emails for sure, we had a couple of very temperamental reactions to the store emails lately. ><

The shop wasn't particularly explicit regarding when you can and can't use gold pass postage. I suspect that info is buried in the T&Cs instead of maybe a prompt on check out suggesting you change the postage if more than a gold pass is detected in the basket. When I bought a gold pass and photo shoot tickets a few years ago, I didn't have this issue. I guess things have moved on and there's less willingness to help the customer. I can see that the cost of processing an extra £1.50 p&p (1st class stamp = 62p, an envelope can be around 20p so there's margin for profit), is well worth the time and effort of the staff.

I have my own email server at home so there is absolutely no reason for some emails to arrive and not others. It makes no sense that all the attempts at contacting me were not received yet the accusation of wilful criminality arrived. The tone was terse and borderline rude and that's what's got my heckles up. You're saying you know you've had trouble with emails and yet you still blame the customer for not responding to demands for extra postage payments? What's the point of providing a phone number for queries if you're going to rely on an email system you say doesn't work properly?

So, my question remains: Do I now have to queue at EC2 B for my gold pass and then queue again at the sales desk for my photo shoot tickets? Or will everything be in one place?

If you're arriving before the venue opens you'll need your Gold Pass to gain entry so you can join the Gold Pass queue...the wristbands will be given out in the queue. Once inside show your confirmations that say 'paid' at the sales desk and explain your situation, maybe even show a copy of the e mail you were sent, and they should be able to sort you out with your photo tickets.

What Jonathan said - thank you. :smile:

Things have changed since you bought last time, fluffymitten. Gold Pass holders used to get a letter in the mail, so the postage handling was different. But that really was ages ago. The photosession tickets are sent registered mail, hence the charge of 1.50 Pounds.

I will check with the office if a note can be added about mixed orders to avoid confusion. There was a note about this in the old store system. But I haven't ordered tickets myself in a while, so I must admit I have no idea if it is still there.

I'm afraid we can only send out emails, we don't know how your system reacts to them. Besides one provider (and for them the problem was obvious as it's a large number of attendees using it, so this problem was brought to our attention early) there is absolutely no rhyme and reason with who's getting hit with the problem. And that large issue is officially solved as of end of June... at least that's what our server host told us. *fingers crossed* They were quite stumped by this problem too - emails just disappeared. We're keeping a list of other attendees that had emails disappearing and I can assure you this will be looked into. I've personally put you on that list.

So I do apologize, but we did not blame every non reaction on that problem. The ladies doing the ticket processing have day jobs and have often been working nights to get the ticketing covered. Even with a phone number provided I imagine you wouldn't have appreciated a call at 2 AM. Plus in case there's a larger problem documentation in writing is needed.

There's a dedicated line at the sales desk which is for ticket issues with non receipt, you best queue there to pick up your tickets.

If you want to speak to someone about the email please ask for Mara. I'm not sure who sent the email, but Mara does our ticket processing and is the best person to voice your concern about the tone of the email to. She will be at the sales table all weekend.

• Like 1