Latest Guest Announcement - MICHAEL BIEHN

Semi mixed feeling from my meeting Michael think i would not have even got a hello out of him if i hadn't noticed a child in an aperture science outfit and a portal gun behind the table speaking to him (think it was a can i have some more money) turns out it was his son so had a quick chat about that. Defo parenting done right there. but he did seam a little out of it.

I saw 2 kids approach him, behind the table, whilst I was talking to him. They were asking for money and Michael pulled out a large wad of £10 notes and gave them about £50 each to go spend.

I didn't say anything and just assumed they were his children.

Awesome, how awesome for the kids, when i went to work with my parents all i got was a paper cut.

Semi mixed feeling from my meeting Michael think i would not have even got a hello out of him if i hadn't noticed a child in an aperture science outfit and a portal gun behind the table speaking to him (think it was a can i have some more money) turns out it was his son so had a quick chat about that. Defo parenting done right there. but he did seam a little out of it.

I saw 2 kids approach him, behind the table, whilst I was talking to him. They were asking for money and Michael pulled out a large wad of £10 notes and gave them about £50 each to go spend.

I didn't say anything and just assumed they were his children.

One of them was his youngest son, the other was the son's mate.

• Like 1

I think a cardboard cut out of Michael would have been more animated during the photo shoot than Michael himself. I found that very rude. I said hello and thank you, at least he could have done the same. Worst guest, disappointed. :(

• Like 1

Glad it wasn't just me! He said nothing except thanks and you're welcome, but didn't offer to personalize the photo and barely glanced at me.

I blamed myself afterwards for not speaking up more, but it seems most people experienced the same, so that's some consolation for me lol.

Me and my two boys (youngest being 9yrs) met Michael on Sunday morning, was our first guest. He did appear jet lagged however he did engage with us, shook our hands and asked my 9 yrs old a few questions and listened to his answers too with eye to eye contact. He was happy to sign my Alien-Prometheous blu-ray and posed for a behind the table group photo too; this was our best pic of the day. i could'nt ask for anything more and so glad i made the effort to meet him. (He did ask my 9yrs old if he has seen the Aliens films to which i said 'no he's too young' and Michael just smiled; i think he took this as being sensible parenting).

I had no expectations about meeting Michael Bhein, as I was collecting an autograph for a friend, but he did seem like he'd had a few (Almost using a black pen to sign a black photo) or was very bored of being there.

He wasnt feeling well on the Sunday

I only met him at the photoshoot and I got the same impression as many people here. I wondered if they'd borrowed the wax-work from Madame Tussauds (if they have one). I get that he's probably had a long day, but there were other considerably older and more popular guests there who were much more animated.

The "probably had a long day" excuse won't work here. I was one of the first who saw him on Saturday (he wasn't there during the Friday preview), and he was rude and inanimated from the get-go.

As I've said before micheal wasn't feeling well im sorry people didnt get the experience they had hoped for unfortunately guests are people who at times have bad days.

I was Michael's GA on Sunday and as Sheppy said, he really, really, wasn't feeling well this weekend. I fully echo the sentiments about being truly sorry that people didn't get the experience they had hoped for. To his credit, it was his own insistence that he carried on with posed photographs on the Sunday. I know this doesn't help those who hadbad experiences, and again I can only apologise for that, but at least I hope it gives you more of an understanding of how under the weather he was and was probably not a true reflection of what he is usually like. Many thanks Steve#

• Like 1

Didn't met him as queue so long plus met him at.....EMS or was it still Collectormania London...he was contrast to what people have said here, happy speak, posed photos(admittedly does look tired in mine), even had chair so could sit down next to him ,his talk he was lively and really interesting.

When I walked past him both days (Sunday especially) did seem him do his fair share of talking, few laughs and plenty posed pics. Though when leaving on Saturday almost walked into him and I did wonder he'd been drinking as seemed out of it, staggering and did trip over his feet, though if he was ill it explains it.

I can't remember what day this was, but did anybody see that big argument with a photographer next to his table? Not sure what was actually going on but there was a photographer ranting and raving at a couple of people right next to him, and Michael had stopped halfway through signing an auto and was just staring at this guy looking really pissed off, and immediately after he still looked annoyed about it. I'm not sure if it was that the photographer was told he couldn't take photos and was pissed off about that, or whether it was that someone simply walked across his shot pretty easy to do by accident when somebody is trying to take a photo in the middle of the main walkway) but either way he was massively over reacting. Even if this event was unrelated I imagine being on the end like this can add an extra level of stress for the guest, as not only is it noisier and less private, but you are constantly getting camera flashes out of the corner of your eye as people can take a photo from only about 6 foot away.

I was Michael's GA on Sunday and as Sheppy said, he really, really, wasn't feeling well this weekend. I fully echo the sentiments about being truly sorry that people didn't get the experience they had hoped for. To his credit, it was his own insistence that he carried on with posed photographs on the Sunday. I know this doesn't help those who hadbad experiences, and again I can only apologise for that, but at least I hope it gives you more of an understanding of how under the weather he was and was probably not a true reflection of what he is usually like. Many thanks Steve#

That makes sense. Thanks for the update.

• Like 1

He actually enjoys cons from what I've heard him say in the recent AliensExpoSED panel on YouTube. He loves to "hear how great I am!" and that Hicks is someone's favourite character or that Aliens is their favourite movie.

The AliensExpoSED video/talk is a great watch for any fan and includes Sigourney Weaver, Bill Paxton and Paul Reiser; the last remaining Aliens guests that SM still haven't managed to get and still awaiting to sign my poster!

Edited by nicky
  • Like 3