LFCC Schedule - UPDATE 3!

I'm so sorry if this has already been asked...I've looked and I can't seem to find anything on it.

I remember something about programme's or booklets or something that you could buy each day for winning things...and there's a 'talk' about winnings.

What was the deal with those please? Where can you buy and how much?

Also, do you HAVE to go to the 'talk' on the Sunday to win or will numbers be advertised online or later at the event???

Thanks all...in hourly countdown mode now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still waiting for info on this, sorry. The mods don't know more than what's in the announcement post.

Hi, first post here - I've bought and already received my tickets, amongst them one for the Game of Thrones screening in the evening. It then hit me that the show is rated 18, and I'm only 15. Is that going to matter? It'd be a massive bummer for the day if I wasn't let in, especially having already paid £20 for it.

Also, I booked a Stan Lee photoshoot ticket for the Saturday, it's the 3rd shoot (the later part of the second session) and on the paperwork and ticket it DEFINITELY says it's for Saturday, however on the left hand side of the ticket under 'Saturday 12th July' and '3rd Shoot' it reads FRI rather than SAT. All the other tickets say SAT, and it's odd because on the right hand side it clearly states the date again. Should I be concerned or is it just an error?

Thanks! :)

• Moderators

How do the Iron Throne prop photos work? Do I have to go and buy a ticket from somewhere else first, then go and queue by the Throne?

Prop shoots you pay for them at the shoot itself, no ticket required.

• Like 1

• Moderators

If you have a paid for talk ticket and a photo shoot you can produce your ticket to sales and they will swap you

thanks stuartG2198, I'll do that then, just working out my photo and talk schedule plan

No problem at all, that's how I spent my evening yesterday lol, off to pack now. Enjoy!!!

• Like 1

Hi all, just a quick question. Been coming for years and this will be mums second time coming to LFCC. She has some possible clashing. I reckon this will be the best order for her to do things in:

12:50 -13:05 Lawrence Gilliard Jr (ticket 27) Area B

12:55 - 13:10 Glenn Morshower (ticket 48) Area F

13:10 -13:20 Vincent Ward (ticket 15) Area B

And I'm recommending to her that she shows her tickets for Glenn to crew at Lawrence- asks to go through near the very front of Lawrence's queue. The only issue is that she can't move very quickly, so running between shoots as I would have done isn't an option. Then when she's at Glenn's queue she shows her tickets for Vincent and asks to go through near the front for Glenn, again because of teh whole not being able to run back for Vincent.

Does this sound right?

Please add comic & cosplay stages to time table :thumbup:

Stage C is already added. If you don't see it hit F5 please.

So is that both cosplay stages now added? Will the comic stage be added soon? Going to use microsoft paint to fill in certain time blocks colour coded LIKE A BOSS :king:

I done that yesterday...colourcoded it all.

I'm sat in front of Excel as I type redoing mine after this week's alterations (I only did it Sunday too!) :-D

We hope you're all looking forward to the incredible weekend ahead; just one more sleep until the madness begins tomorrow! To help add to that excitement, the LFCC Comic Zone programme schedule is now ready!

COMIC ZONE STAGE PROGRAMME SCHEDULE:

​SATURDAY

10:00am Comics at the Movies

11:00am Dan Abnett

Noon: Pulp Heroes: Doc Savage, The Shadow, The Spider et al and how they continue to influence comics

1:00pm Paul Gulacy

2:00pm Underground Comix: Hunt Emerson and Bryan Talbot look back on a unique era

3:00pm Writing for Comics

4:00pm Brendan McCarthy

5:00pm Howard Chaykin

COMIC ZONE STAGE PROGRAMME SCHEDULE:

SUNDAY

10:00am Jack Kirby: The King of Comics

11:00am Erik Larsen

Noon: Brendan McCarthy

1:00pm Jon Bogdanove

2:00pm Roots of Fandom UK: Dave Gibbons and others reminisce about the early years

3:00pm Dave Gibbons

4:00pm Drawing for Comics

5:00pm Gail Simone

ALSO...

ON THE COSPLAY STAGE:

Saturday 2:00pm Drawing movies: Top storyboard and conceept artists discuss translating film ideas into visual

Saturday 4:00pm The Star Wars - Artist Mike Mayhew recalls how he translated George Lucas's first draft screenplay into comics for Dark Horse

Sunday 2:00pm Storyboarding Games of Thrones Will Simpson reveals his experiences working on to TV mega-hit.

To keep up-to date with all of the Comic Zone goings-on, be sure to follow us on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/LFCCComicZone) and/or Twitter (https://twitter.com/LFCCComicZone).

Hope everyone has a fantastic time!

I have a few queries that I am hoping someone will be able to answer for me regarding Sunday.

I will be bringing my heavily pregnant wife and 21month old daughter from South Wales.

1. I have Photoshoot tickets to see Carrie Fisher and Ian McDairmid on Sunday. We have paid for early entry tickets and our Photoshoot numbers are Carrie Fisher (198 - yellow) and Ian McDairmid (189 - yellow). Do you think that I will make into the first photoshoot for each Actor, or will it be worth coming in later and losing the money for early entry? In the FAQ it states they’ll be done in blocks of 50, with the first 500 being in the morning slot if there are two slots - but on this thread it states that there will be 400 shots per hour and each session is 25 minutes and then 15 minutes.

2. As my daughter is only 21 months, do we have to pay for her to be in the photo with me? - At the Event in Cardiff last year we didn’t have to pay extra for her to be in the photo’s with me.

3. We will also be having a photoshoot with Helen Slater and Jeff East (we’ll all be dressed up as Pregnant Supergirl/Supermom, Supergirl and Clark Kent/Superman). Do you know if there is any exceptions that could be made to have the photo’s earlier in the day if we pay extra for Helen Slater/Jeff East? I.e. In the photoshoot A there is an empty space at 11.10 until 11.40, or 15.20 - 15.30 in Photoshoot D?

4. I know we can leave the arena, but can we leave the carpark and renter at no extra cost, in case I need to drive my little girl around to get her to sleep?

5. Is there any exception at all with the maximum amount of people in a photo. As we’ll all be dressed as Superpeople, we’d LOVE a photo with all 3 (it’s only 2 and a half a if you think of it) of us with Helen Slater?

6. For clarification - do we need a Virtual ticket for the Photoshoot(s), or is that autographs only?

Quite disappointed to know that I have paid extra to get in early, so that we can leave early, only to find that we may not be able to get the shoots done until the afternoon? At the same time, I don’t want to come in for 16:00 for the 2nd Shoot with Carrie Fisher to find out that I have missed my turn in the morning.

Thanks for help in advance, and look forward to seeing people on the day :)

iBush39, regarding #3 that would not be possible. Each guest is carefully scheduled, and when they're not doing photoshoots they will be signing or having a break. Plus the photographers for the areas would be unavailable (they would be probably also be taking a well deserved break during the gaps).

1. First shoot for sure. The 400 are really just a rough guideline to go by. If you'd rather go in the second Carrie shoot that's no problem, just be there before the second shoot is over.

2. No.

3. Alice is right, unfortunately that's not possible.

4. The car park is run by the venue, I can't answer that. Maybe best give Earls Court a ring tomorrow.

5. Two (plus the little one) won't be a problem. But you will need two tickets for that.

6. That's autographs only. The number on your photosession ticket kind of replaces the autograph VQ ticket.

1. First shoot for sure. The 400 are really just a rough guideline to go by. If you'd rather go in the second Carrie shoot that's no problem, just be there before the second shoot is over.

2. No.

3. Alice is right, unfortunately that's not possible.

4. The car park is run by the venue, I can't answer that. Maybe best give Earls Court a ring tomorrow.

5. Two (plus the little one) won't be a problem. But you will need two tickets for that.

6. That's autographs only. The number on your photosession ticket kind of replaces the autograph VQ ticket.

Thank you so much. I think that has now cementated that we'll be trying to get there very early and have a long day.

Love the fact that I can have her with me in the photo's at no extra cost. Out of interest, at what age do you start having to pay for children?

iBush39, regarding #3 that would not be possible. Each guest is carefully scheduled, and when they're not doing photoshoots they will be signing or having a break. Plus the photographers for the areas would be unavailable (they would be probably also be taking a well deserved break during the gaps).

Thanks for your quick reply, and only from the other side of the Loughor bridge. Scarlets!

If I have a photoshoot with Robert Hays, would I be allowed to throw water over myself (like his drinking problem in Airplane?)

I take it Dave Gibbons' signing time from 16:00 onwards will be over in EC1-BH after his talks in the comic guests area or will it be in EC2? Will it be open queue, VQ or only accessible if people have been to his talk?

Thanks

As Natalie Dormer is no longer able to attend is there a possibility that guests who have one photo session late in the day on saturday (e.g sherilyn fenn, helen slater etc) might have additional earlier shoots added as there's now a large amount of photoshoot time available?