LFCC Talk Entry

• Showmasters Admin

Talks on the Super Stage and Main Stage...

Paid talks:

Unless the talks is included in your package (Golds etc) you will be required to buy a ticket. If you have not bought one in advance you can buy them from the sale booth in EC2 Main Hall at the show.

Those with priority seating (Golds) will be loaded first.

Those with tickets will be loaded after the Golds. The will be sat in a correct row based on their ticket number.

For example Row behind golds = 1 to 40, Next Row – 41-80 etc

Free talks:

These will NOT be ticketed. They will be first come first served.

Those with priority seating (Golds) will be loaded first.

Comic talks:

These will NOT be ticketed. They will be first come first served. No priority seating.

Cosplay talks:

These will NOT be ticketed. They will be first come first served. No priority seating.

Book talks:

The book stage will have tickets that will be given out from the YALC info point. YALC will be situated in the far back of EC2 Main Hall in the Book Zone.

No priority seating. Everyone including Golds will require a ticket for book talks.

QUEUING:

Queues for talks will not be started until the previous talk has started. All talk areas are much bigger than previous years. There will be free talks on the Super Stage which has over 2000 seats.

• Like 1

No, this is terrible news :thumbdown: I'm going to have to be super organised and stand around in queues for hours if I want to see any free talks and do anything else! You know that people are going to start queuing hours before the free talks right? Please bring back tickets!! Eugh, I'm so upset :crying:

Edited by orange_warrior
  • Like 1

For the free talks will the halls be emptied before the start of each talk to allow people that have queued up decent seats like they usually are? Or will people just be sat in there all day?

I can't imagine anyone being sat in a talk hall all day, considering the amount of stellar guests LFCC has on offer...

• Like 1

For the free talks will the halls be emptied before the start of each talk to allow people that have queued up decent seats like they usually are? Or will people just be sat in there all day?

I can't imagine anyone being sat in a talk hall all day, considering the amount of stellar guests LFCC has on offer...

I'm there all three days so I have plenty of time to see the guests that I want. Would rather not waste my time sitting waiting for a Terry Farrell panel on one day but I will do it if the audience isn't rotated...

Edited by bunny-summers
  • Like 1

Am I the only one happy about the free talks not being ticketed? That was music to my ears!

Possibly. At least before we knew we would get a seat or not. Now it's all down to chance. I'd rather know from the outset if I could get in or not and not waste my time queuing so much.

• Like 4

Am I the only one happy about the free talks not being ticketed? That was music to my ears!

Possibly. At least before we knew we would get a seat or not. Now it's all down to chance. I'd rather know from the outset if I could get in or not and not waste my time queuing so much.

This. You could spend ages queuing and not get in and could have used that time far more productively. WIth tickets you know if you've got one or not and can plan accordingly.

• Like 3

Maybe it's because the talk. Singular. That I want to go to is most likely not going to fill up (I could be wrong)... but either way - there's so much other stuff that I'm going to be preoccupied with I'm just not too bothered.

Good luck everyone else though.

Edited by AxelV

If there's that many seats available, then I don't think there'll be any problems with the majority of talks.

But the free talks will take place in EC2 where space is limited and yet there will be more attendees than ever before... I mean, free talks will be filled because they are free and they won't be held on the super stage will they, just the standard one?

also - isn't queuing up to get a ticket in the morning the same thing. You might not get a ticket if you're not there early enough and you could have used that time productively.

If there's that many seats available, then I don't think there'll be any problems with the majority of talks.

But the free talks will take place in EC2 where space is limited and yet there will be more attendees than ever before... I mean, free talks will be filled because they are free and they won't be held on the super stage will they, just the standard one?

What actually is happening on the Super Stage other than the Sherlocked panel?

The halls will be unloaded.

Thank you for this clarification.

Which also means if you're at one and want to go to the next you have to leave and join the back of the queue that will have already formed and possibly miss out. With tickets at least you knew you'd still be able to get in. Have had this problem at another event.

Well I'm interested in one paid (Dr Who) and one free (sherlock) and that's in the big area. So looking up the capacity (seated) of the venue I'm not worried. What do you mean that's a little too organised? I like doing my research. ;)

Although I may need to bring some binoculars and a cushion to sit on. (I is only short)

Edited by LadyDeTemps
  • Like 3