What's happening in which building and entering LFCC!

Seem to be missing the point of peoples concerns / questions.

Seperate Halls is fine. Crowd safety is correct. we all agree with these points 100%.

The points raised which seem to be confusing some people / being missed or ignored are:

1) Why can not ALL Vt's for ALL guests be handed out in one hall, like previous shows, regardless of where the actual guest is situated?

2) How are the Stan Lee Vt queue fans going to be re-intergrated back into the main hall from outside? I'm talking queue wise after they sprint back from SL Hall to Main Hall? (i know they will have hand stamp before people make that point again).

Edited by jediknight49

Seperate Halls is fine. Crowd safety is correct. we all agree with these points 100%.

The points raised which seem to be confusing some people / being missed or ignored are:

1) Why can not ALL Vt's for ALL guests be handed out in one hall, like previous shows, regardless of where the actual guest is situated?

2) How are the Stan Lee Vt queue fans going to be re-intergrated back into the main hall from outside? I'm talking queue wise after they sprint back from SL Hall to Main Hall? (i know they will have hand stamp before people make that point again).

We are still waiting for the second point to be clarified:

I personally think after we've been hand stamped for Stan Lee and then go towards the main hall there should be some sort of line only for those who've been handstamped so we don't have to go to the back of the line for EarlyBird entry that way it would be more fairer for those of us- which will clearly be a lot who've opted to go for Stan Lee.

Either way, we don't know how this is going to be until they get clarification.

With regards to no. 1, YOU seem to missing the point of what the mods are saying! They have sold enough tickets for people to fill 2 halls. If all the VQTs are handed out in one hall then that's where everyone will head first causing all kinds of problems. Putting Stan in EC1 spreads people out making for much less of a safety risk. I realise it's not ideal but I have worked on large shows in the past and Health and Safety will ALWAYS be top priority.

• Like 2

what's wrong with just having one entrance queue and having guests pass a desk on entry where they are asked which VTs they want? That way it truly is first come first serve.

I agree with tony jedi - the majority of customers are coming to meet several of the guests advertised and its unfair to expect them to choose.

I think its disgusting that this sort of information isn't even on the official website and I had to stumble on to it on the forum by accident.

Showmasters are all too happy to publicise all the great guests attending and take money based on this but fail to let customers know what's going on.
for one wouldn't have bought a ticket if I'd know that the whole day was just going to be a farce with things spread over 2 buildings.

And even though this has now been announced on the forum, still the official website says the event is taking place in EC2 with no reference to a second building.
There are going to be a lot of people that turn up who aren't even aware there is a forum and are going to be incredibly disappointed/frustrated.

what's wrong with just having one entrance queue and having guests pass a desk on entry where they are asked which VTs they want? That way it truly is first come first serve.

I've explained this a couple of posts above. This system is open to abuse. Then basically the first 500 people in line get everything, no matter if they want it or not. At sales events in the US people get in line early just to sell their low numbers. No one wants things going that way.

I've explained this a couple of posts above. This system is open to abuse. Then basically the first 500 people in line get everything, no matter if they want it or not. At sales events in the US people get in line early just to sell their low numbers. No one wants things going that way.

Okay, I get that. that makes sense and is a valid reason.... but the system in place is still open to the same abuse...

A problem that could arise if the VQTs were given out in the same hall would be that you'd grab your Stan Lee ticket and then the low ticket numbers for other guests. But then everyone would go to the other hall to meet Stan Lee leaving the guests in the main hall with empty queues. They could have 0-100 on the board at the end of their queue but people with those ticket numbers would be in the other hall.

It would cause the numbers written on the board at the end of the queues to rise quicker than usual to cater for this and cause havoc to the system. The virtual queue would possibly become a physical long queue when everyone comes back from EC1 with their low ticket numbers.

If you kind of get what I'm saying.

• Showmasters Admin

We are going to have crew on the Gold pass doors (Gold will be long gone by then) to allow entry to those with hand stamps.

So once you have gone into one building (got your Virtual Queue ticket(s) etc) and got your hand stamped upon leaving, you can enter the other building without re-joining the pre-paid queue.

These crew will be there until the pre-paid queue has gone. Once it has gone you will enter as usual.

We understand this means you moving between buildings, but with the size of the show this year and the popularity of Stan Lee we feel this is the best course of action.

• Like 4

We are going to have crew on the Gold pass doors (Gold will be long gone by then) to allow entry to those with hand stamps.

So once you have gone into one building (got your Virtual Queue ticket(s) etc) and got your hand stamped upon leaving, you can enter the other building without re-joining the pre-paid queue.

These crew will be there until the pre-paid queue has gone. Once it has gone you will enter as usual.

We understand this means you moving between buildings, but with the size of the show this year and the popularity of Stan Lee we feel this is the best course of action.

BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am SO glad to hear about this, "The Gold Pass doors" makes the best sense possible in this situation so am glad that we aren't going to have to queue up the other queue- this is really good news to have. :)

Least now, people will STOP worrying :)

As from what i understand only Stan Lee is in a different hall for VQ, all the other guests you can get the VQ tickets in the main hall which makes sense. Also i do get a bit annoyed on the people who say they didn't see anything as "they didn't know there is a forum". Even the website has a link to the forum. Sure the information maybe could be put on the main website a bit more but it isn't that hard to click on the forum link and see all the information either. These things work two ways.

• Like 1

My plan on Friday is to get my Saturday Early Entry Queue first so will I have to join Queue C at EC2? I have my Preview Night ticket already so then I just join Queue A at Main hall for my Summer Glau Photo shoot?

My plan on Friday is to get my Saturday Early Entry Queue first so will I have to join Queue C at EC2? I have my Preview Night ticket already so then I just join Queue A at Main hall for my Summer Glau Photo shoot?

You have to queue A at EC2. You are prepaid for Friday night. What you are planning to do after you got in doesn't really matter. The sales table is in that hall as well as the Summer Glau photo shoot.

You have to queue A at EC2. You are prepaid for Friday night. What you are planning to do after you got in doesn't really matter. The sales table is in that hall as well as the Summer Glau photo shoot.

Thank you saved me from going on a wild goose chase :P

Great clarification TooTall.

I think most people on the forums are not here to knock the show or organisation but put there input in to improve the experience.

Have you looked at how the large comic cons in America handle these problems? I've attendee the NY comic con several times and last year for Sylvester Stallone and their other popular guests you could pre-book your autograph time as well as photoshoot. you pay extra for the privilege of course. Maybe this is something to look into for the future??

Thank you Silver Lining. We are newbies too, in same position as you. Got prepaid tickets for Friday preview and Stan Lee photo shoot for younger daughter, and TJ Thyne photoshoot for elder daughter. Got a bit confused with VTs, but now am guessing we go into EC2, then join photo queues at allocated times. Now we just have to get ourselves there on Friday.:-)

Great clarification TooTall.

I think most people on the forums are not here to knock the show or organisation but put there input in to improve the experience.

Have you looked at how the large comic cons in America handle these problems? I've attendee the NY comic con several times and last year for Sylvester Stallone and their other popular guests you could pre-book your autograph time as well as photoshoot. you pay extra for the privilege of course. Maybe this is something to look into for the future??

I like you can only get autos on the day...means it can be flexible when schedule is put up.