What's happening in which building and entering LFCC!

Umm... okay, now you got me confused. :lol: We're talking about the Sherlocked preview Saturday, on the Super Stage, 12.45 PM, right? The schedule I am seeing has Jenna Louise Coleman and a Power Rangers talk before that.

rofl! My bad. I was relying on my memory...*slaps back of hand* naughty must always double check before asking obvious questions. I'm usually so good at double checking too.

Hi guys, been away a few days and can see there have been a lot of posts in that time!

Quick question to save me trawling through the threads- has there been any clarity about whether those who early bird queue for Stan Lee will need to re-queue to get access to the other hall to get other guest VQ tickets?

Thanks

• Moderators

Hi guys, been away a few days and can see there have been a lot of posts in that time!

Quick question to save me trawling through the threads- has there been any clarity about whether those who early bird queue for Stan Lee will need to re-queue to get access to the other hall to get other guest VQ tickets?

Thanks

Does this help?.

Pre-paid entry ticket holders…

You have two choices:

Join queue A to enter EC2 Main Hall or join queue E to enter EC1 Stan Lee Comic Hall.

Upon leaving either building you will receive a hand stamp that will give you re-entry to both EC1 Stan Lee Comic Hall and EC2 Main Hall.

TooTall has posted elsewhere that the crew will not allow queueing before the talk before the one you want to line up for has started.

Does that mean you miss the first 10mins...or ma I getting confused and the talk time includes queuing time?

You can't queue for the Sherlocked talk (12.45pm) until the Jenna Coleman talk (11.45am) has started.

The issue is not with Stan Lee being in a separate hall that part is for the best, 100% agree on this, the issue is why cant all VQT be handed out in the one hall and then you go over to Stans hall if and when you want, i'm pretty sure over 90% of people attending will want more than Stan so therefore will need both halls anyway.

1 hall collect all VQT as normal, rather than having two queues for two halls, and those queuing for Stan potentially have to get higher VQT for the others ( i am aware TooTall should be finding the answer to this) but for me i think it would fairer for everyone to turn up, queue in their relevant queue, get all your VQT from one hall and then if you need Stan go get him once done. rather than queue for stan, go to other hall possibly queue agin, then go over to stan again and then back over to the other hall once done sounds very long winded and could get possibly confusing with people going back and forth from each building first thing.

just my thoughts. but ill wait for confirmation from TooTall on hows its going to work.

Say (for ease of maths sake) there's exactly 1000 people who want both Stan Lee and Carrie Fisher VQ tickets, but only the first 500 end up getting fulfilled. If all VQ tickets are handed out together, you'll get 500 people getting both autographs, and 500 people getting neither. This way, all 1000 get one or the other.

That's the theory anyway, and I'd say this is the fairer way.

The issue is not with Stan Lee being in a separate hall that part is for the best, 100% agree on this, the issue is why cant all VQT be handed out in the one hall and then you go over to Stans hall if and when you want, i'm pretty sure over 90% of people attending will want more than Stan so therefore will need both halls anyway.

1 hall collect all VQT as normal, rather than having two queues for two halls, and those queuing for Stan potentially have to get higher VQT for the others ( i am aware TooTall should be finding the answer to this) but for me i think it would fairer for everyone to turn up, queue in their relevant queue, get all your VQT from one hall and then if you need Stan go get him once done. rather than queue for stan, go to other hall possibly queue agin, then go over to stan again and then back over to the other hall once done sounds very long winded and could get possibly confusing with people going back and forth from each building first thing.

just my thoughts. but ill wait for confirmation from TooTall on hows its going to work.

Exactly my thoughts and those of many others as well. One queue, one VT hall, and then we can choose to go where ever we want at whatever time.

But as you say, TooTall is suppose to be confirming the re-queuing part after securing Stan's VT ticket.

Do you realise how many people are going to be there? This'll be my 4th year and LFCC's been getting busier each time. Showmasters do a great job managing entry queue's and large crowds, but this year there's going to be more people than ever before. It's very simple: you can NOT have all these people try to get into the same hall at the same time, that's just not going to work...it'd be like riding the Japanese underground!

• Like 1

• Moderators

SM have an idea of the demand for Stan. If they feel it's necessary to have it organised in another hall for safety reasons due to expected volume based on photo shoot sales etc, then I like to think they're doing the right thing.

As you say, they've been doing it for years and organising them very well. Yes there are mistakes along the way, no one is perfect, but if their overall analysis has led to this being the best strategy then maybe it is..

• Like 1

If I were to go to the dealers hall first and got my hand stamped upon entering, would I have to queue to get into Stan's hall or would I be able to go straight through with the hand stamp?

This is still being confirmed.

Could Showmasters not have two people at the entrance for example you walk in hand over your entry ticket to the first person as normal and then the 2nd person then asks if you want a VT for Stan and then you walk into the main hall with VT in hand. or something along those lines as i know only one person hands out the VT per guest and if this is the case especially for Stan then one person handing out these tickets is going to take a long time especially if you have photoshoots to get to or other people you want.

I trust that Showmasters will come up with something so i'm not to worried. its going to be one hell of an event though.

There's been a couple of posts over the past years explaining why handing out VQ tickets in line will never happen. That's just too much open to abuse. Basically the first 500 people in line can get the first 500 VQ tickets. This has happened at some Disney sales events in US - people get in line only to get low numbered tickets and then they'll sell these on.

Do you realise how many people are going to be there? This'll be my 4th year and LFCC's been getting busier each time. Showmasters do a great job managing entry queue's and large crowds, but this year there's going to be more people than ever before. It's very simple: you can NOT have all these people try to get into the same hall at the same time, that's just not going to work...it'd be like riding the Japanese underground!

No fact is it I don't know how many people are going and neither do you, yes i know its going to busier than normal, I've been attending all of LFCC/Collectormania now for well over 10 years so I know Showmasters are more than capable of putting on a great show and they organise them extremely well, I just don't understand why one guest should make a difference to a system that works, i completely understand having Stan in a different hall, but why put on the convention goer the choice of whom to prioritise, do i queue for Stan and be possibly sent to the back of the normal queue or do i queue in the normal queue so i can get more lower VTs for all the other guests i have over the weekend, not everyone will be trying to get into the building at the same time, just the early birds for 9 then standard at 11 etc there are a number of queues for certain people, gold, priorty, buy on the day etc etc as im sure your fully aware but its worked just fine for many years, and your telling me for 1 guest its NOT going to happen because the queue might be longer, this is why people get there early and those who choose to get there late, and why people pay on the day etc were all different but the system hasn't changed and guess what its all been fine.

I get what you're saying, i do, and i also understand why you want it changed, but i think you are mistaken about the "not everyone will be trying to get into the building at the same time" part.

I'll leave friday out of this, but i think that everyone that wants Mr Lee on sat/sun realises that you have to get there early to have a shot at his graph..

And i agree, the VQ procedure has worked well these past years, but you have to factor in that there has not been someone like Stan Lee before...ofcourse, there have been plenty big names in the past, and there are alot of big names this year, but they don't compare to the demand for Mr Lee...he IS this year's top dog, i seriously doubt that any other guest will come close to his numbers, both photo's and graphs.

Hey all,

I tend to agree with Mark the Wookiee. Stan is going to be such a big draw that no matter where you put the VQ tickets, there's going to be queues and keeping these out of the way of the non Stan people is a great idea.

I understand what Yes...Mr Luthor says with "but why put on the convention goer the choice of whom to prioritise" but isn't that the case with everyone? When I get in at 9am (ish.... or as close to possible) I am torn between Jenna Coleman and John Hurt as my 1st port of call. I don't know where in the hall they will both be. Yes, I get that Stan and the other guests are in different halls but that's the price for such a massive guest.

Take care,

Matty-lad

Just go to LFCC on 2 days. Use one day to get Stan Lee and another day to get the other guests you want.

In theory this is a good plan. but some of us can only make the event for one day and like to get everything done in one day. :)

• Moderators

With a show of this size, there's going to have to be sacrifices made by many people, especially if you have a lot to choose from. So having to prioritise one thing over another isn't that surprising.

But one person's 'fair' in one situation is 'unfair' for others and will cause problems. Same with the schedule clashes etc. In the end it's absolutely impossible to please everyone regardless of how SM do things.

You can bet some people won't be happy with how it is now, and if it was changed then an equal amount wouldn't be happy with that either..

Hi,

I am coming to LFCC on Saturday & have an earlybird ticket.

I was wanting to get a VQ ticket for Stan Lee and for Carrie Fisher & several other film guests but now you've announced that they are in completely separate buildings with separate queues - what are we supposed to do??

I’m sure I can’t be the only one who this will affect.
If we join the Stan Lee queue on arrival, then by the time we get in, get a VQ ticket then get back to the other building and join the back of the other queue we’ll end up with a VQ ticket for Carrie Fisher (or any other film guest) way up in the high numbers despite actually being on site from really early in the morning!

Please could you advise.
Thanks in advance!

• Moderators

Hi,

I am coming to LFCC on Saturday & have an earlybird ticket.

I was wanting to get a VQ ticket for Stan Lee and for Carrie Fisher & several other film guests but now you've announced that they are in completely separate buildings with separate queues - what are we supposed to do??

I’m sure I can’t be the only one who this will affect.

If we join the Stan Lee queue on arrival, then by the time we get in, get a VQ ticket then get back to the other building and join the back of the other queue we’ll end up with a VQ ticket for Carrie Fisher (or any other film guest) way up in the high numbers despite actually being on site from really early in the morning!

Please could you advise.

Thanks in advance!

It's exactly how you've described - you'll have to choose one or the other, and then go to the second. With the expected crowds, this is by far the safest way to manage it. If you're there all day, even if you have higher queue tickets for Carrie or whoever, you still stand a good chance of getting what you want.

This is where the kilbracken cloning technique would come in handy instead we have to CHOOSE which line we want FIRST.

Being in two places at the same time is not possible, the weekend is going to be busy enough and as I only go for autographs

as I don't have time/want to do talks, photoshoots, free hugs, etc.

Being expected to prioritise guests seems a mite unfair to me, as surely the organisers want as many of the paying public to meet as many guests as possible.?

We cant decide who we want first as not all the guests are there ALL WEEKEND.

Be interesting reading after the show to see what feedback is left but having said that any negatives would be removed anyway and we are just left with the glowing all praising feedback instead, for a change.

Just glad I don't want Jenna Coleman as that takes the pressure of a bit but I do want Mr Hurt so no pressure.....

• Like 1

• Moderators

The problem as I see it is safety first and foremost. Despite the 'ease' and 'convenience' of having all guests in the same area for tickets, if there's as much demand for Stan Lee as expected then it is REALLY safe to have all of those people in the same area as all the other ticket queues also? If Showmasters have made the call to think 'no it's not' then I'd much rather people had a little inconvenience than had to deal with overcrowding and the event not being safe.

You say there's going to be complaints after but I've seen complaints about overcrowding at many events, and there'd be complaints about that after if it were done your way.

• Like 1