George A Romero? (SO EXCITED!)

Geekymegs - If you are worried about crying, don't be! Because I can safely say that there is a huge chance of me crying too! Mr. Romero means a huge amount to me, for so many reasons! Not only do I admire his films and have him down as my favourite director, but he is also a huge inspiration to me and watching his movies helped to keep me strong in some of the hardest parts of my life (they were an escape for me, one of very few. There was something about his directing and cast set up that always helped me be 'transported' to another place and away from what I was feeling/the negative stuff I was going through). His movies also got me in to makeup and prosthetics and they also play a huge role in what I do as a job today, concept art! (Namely fantasy and gore, the zombies/setup in his films where a huge inspiration to me for wounds/designs/etc!). Not only that, but I did have a chance to meet Romero at a previous show once before (this was actually back when I was going through the difficult part of my life), although I was very ill (suffering with ongoing health issues and a lot of other 'emotional' issues, mostly because of how my health was and how a few people in my life had treated me- but anyway, thats another story!), so I could not attend. It has honestly always haunted me, especially when people mentioned that he may possibly not be doing any further European conventions. Needless to say, I was over the moon and very teary when I spotted this announcement (it couldn't of come at a better time, it was the perfect addition to an amazing week! I also had the best company I could think of to hug me when I saw it!). I'm worried that I may burst in to tears (positive tears!) when I see him, haha! But I hope I can at least keep it together long enough to tell him how much him and his work mean to me! :)

I have a photoshoot booked for Friday, hopefully I will get his autograph then too (I think I am going to have the photo itself signed). I am also hoping to get some of my items by him signed and buy a photo ticket for Sunday (Sunday is an important day for me and the person who was there to hug me when reading the announcement, so he, knowing how much Romero means to me, has said we should get a dual shoot together, as another extra special memory for the special day. :) ). My best friend is also wanting a dual shoot with me and him on Saturday, because we usually get a dual shoot together with someone and we both enjoy his films! :)

So, in short, after that long post (my goodness, I am sorry! I tend to type a fair bit!), don't worry if you start crying, because you more than likely won't be the only one! :D Maybe if I see you there we can pass each other tissues, haha! :) Its nice to read a post from another person who is as passionate about Romero as myself!

Edited by WickedQueen

I totally forgot that I also have a dawn of the dead poster! What do you guys think I should get signed, my book of Dawn of the dead or my poster? Oh the dilemma!

Is any one of them more special to you than the other? I'd go for whatever would mean more to you

Well, they're both equally special to me, however I also have Simon Peggs' autograph which is framed in my house, Simon Pegg is my fave actor and it's cause of Romero that I got into him, so it would be really really cool to frame both together in my house, which would mean the poster?

This week I've finished watching all of George's ...of the dead movies and today I watched Birth of the dead, which was totally brilliant. I missed George last time he was here (in Milton Keynes if I remember correctly). I can't wait to meet him. I've go the photo shoot booked and I'll be getting my Night of the living dead DVD signed and my Night of the living dead poster. I'm also getting some stuff signed by George for a friend of mine who lives in New Zealand and is really annoyed he' can't come.My friend has no idea I'm getting George to sign some things for him. A true horror legend.

He truly truly is, I love birth of the living dead, I'm going to re watch it this weekend! I totally wish my budget stretched to the shoot and auto! Your friend will be over the moon!

He will be. We were talking the other day about, surprise surprise, zombies and I said that he was gay for zombies. He laughed so much and agreed. Later he posted this fact on Facebook. I'm getting George to sign a picture with "I hear you're gay for zombies. NICE!" He will flip when he sees it. My own budget ran out ages ago but the way I see it, I can't not meet these people now. Sadly some, like George & Stan Lee, won't be with us forever and I'd hate to look back and regret not meeting him. Credit card has taken a mighty beating in the last couple of months (but I'm sure Showmasters are happy) and it's not like I'm going anywhere so plenty of time to pay it off.

i guess im the 3rd travelling down from glasgow to see him.i leave glasgow.on the saturday night so will need to be sunday.ill have a look at the images at the table and see what the dealers have in terms of photos.i might just take the nee creepshow vinyl soundtrack with me just incase. it should be good then tjey could bring him to glasgow in august!

ill need to pass the.time in london afterwards.mingle with the people lol.awite guvna can me ave some sausage and eg on me roll please. fankoo sir.then the long bus journey home.i wish i was seeing eminem that weekend at wembley.its my own fault i refuse to pqy high prices for a hotel room.its my scottish nature coming out.

too expensive for me.id rather go.cheaperand just do regular bus.costing me £21 altogether there and back and thats me arriving around 6am on sunday morning.plus the sleeper takes just as long does it not? its just you will have a bed for the hanky panky.i was going to go on the friday but decided on sunday but of course no day is a good day in london.its gonna be long and tiring but it should be worth it and i should have a good memory with george.