What is your budget?

Hey guys,

I'm having real trouble deciding who to go and see at LFCC this year.

If you don't mind me asking, what are your budgets? I think this would help me to decide on a reasonable budget and make my decision easier.

Not including merchandise, just autos.

Thank you!

Ideally want spend no more than £300 on autos but currently above £500. I will cut that down though as I can be very brutal when it comes to my budget.

Be some people spending a couple grand combined on autographs & photoshoots.

Edited by madmilburn

I don't really have plans. That would make me crazy. Currently there are a lot great and interesting names which I have to get signed. It makes definitiv more than £ 500.00 :firedevil:

But after I got those autographs I will feel like a :king:

Edited by Swissangel4616

I try to plan ahead ie: buying the photoshoot tickets and entry tickets online, spread over a few months, it doesn't seem so bad then. Then i just usually take about £200 cash with me for whoevers autograph, if i run out of money, then that's it, if i don't spend it all, it goes towards the next con :smile:

• Like 1

Hey guys,

I'm having real trouble deciding who to go and see at LFCC this year.

If you don't mind me asking, what are your budgets? I think this would help me to decide on a reasonable budget and make my decision easier.

Not including merchandise, just autos.

Thank you!

Just autos/photo's and not including entry cost (earlybird) and travel. Approx. £45. Might have a bit more depending on if I can stay away from the fabric shop before the comicon comes round. lol!

Well I was planning on sticking to around a £900 - £1000 including goldpass, photoshoots and Autos, but the lineup has thrown that budget out the window.... so I dont have one anymore.

Autos itself... I usually try sticking that part to around £500 - £600...

• Like 1

I don't have a budget as such, it's more of a 'if there's an autograph I want, I'll have to pay it cos there may not be a next time'. I was given £70 for my birthday to get Ian McDiarmid's auto as he was the biggest guest at the time, so that's helped a bit and a couple of cancellations.

My overall expenditure on autos this year is about £200 I think, although I could have miscalculated. I have one photoshoot which is already booked so I'm good to go. Unless there's another guest that's going to be sneaked in...

I've bought my photoshoots already, so whilst they are part of the budget they are done and paid for. I don't think I can bring myself to type the figure though, because it's a biggie, much more than ever before and I've been going since the very first LFCC !

Autos, well there is my ideal and my what I can afford , currently my ideal is at £945, however I can't afford that on top of everything else, so I am going through the tough task of cutting that significantly back and will have to stick to just one auto from guests, rather than multiples for some. I have in the past spent around £500 - £600 at the top end, but that would include autos and merchandise.

This has certainly become a real budget busting event !

I was also just thinking this could be my first potential four figure event, with photos , autos and merchandise breaking through the £1000 barrier !

Edited by GoldenGreen

I feel like I have the smallest budget, I'll be taking around £50-£80, just for a couple autographs and food money really.

For what I've paid for already estimates at £90 inc. photoshoots, GoT screening and travel.

• Like 1

4 Photo shoots, payment spread out over a couple of months , Auto budget around £400 i had to cut a couple out due to John Hurt Photo shoot but we'll see what happens on the day as i usually budget in some spending money for the stalls which i could divert to the autos i wanted, but this year i thought some of the prices were a bit high , even taking into account rarity of the guests

I have to say I drew up on a spreadsheet of list of everyone that I wanted to meet for either a photograph or autograph (or both). When totalled it came to £1,495. I then went through and edited down who I could live without meeting (sorry Star Wars minor character actors) which brought it down to a more realistic figure. Several of the Who stars I met at Panopticon 93 so they’re instantly off but couldn’t do them until I went through my autograph book in front of the spreadsheet.

I however haven't given myself an actual budget though as I’ve not done any conventions since Panopticon 2000 so got a lot of catching up to do. Add to that we’ve had financial issues for the past couple of years due to our flat which we rented out which has now sold. And it’s my birthday on 24 July and I also have private work as well as my normal 9-5 job I have got a larger than normal pot of money to play with. I’ve actually booked in 21 photoshoots and hope to get 34 autographs but I do have an A list and B list for autographs.

Merchandise doesn't really that highly on my list as (a) meeting the stars is my main thrust this time and (B) I dread to think how much I could spend let lose!