how many autographs?

It's all about time and money in the end. If you can afford to see them all, have the time (and show up early) and is perhaps prepared to go the next day then there is a large possibility that you'll see everyone you want to.

I'm aiming to get 26 autographs this time round, last summer (my first) managed to get 20 autos, 6 photos and had plenty of time to look round the stalls a couple of times and the odd talk, if you plan it well you can meet a lot of guests, won't need to, rush and have a great weekend :) first off though make sure you get all your VQ tickets for the guests you want to see.

You get VQ tickets (which are free) from the signing areas of the guests you want to meet. You then go off and do what you need to do. Tickets are called up in batches eg 1-50, 1-100 etc etc. you can joing the physical queue at the signing area any time after your number has been called. This cuts down the amount of time you physically have to queue.

• Moderators

Brilliant! Thanks ritchie! I can't wait!! Ive seen conflicting reports about taking photos without going for the photo shoots does it depend on the guest basically?

The busiest guests will not be taking photos at the desk just due to time constraints so that more people can meet them and get an auto. Beyond that, it does depend on the guest and if they (or their agent) want table photos to happen.

Brilliant! Thanks ritchie! I can't wait!! Ive seen conflicting reports about taking photos without going for the photo shoots does it depend on the guest basically?

As Etmuse said the busy guests will not be taking pics at the signing desk but they should have signs saying "no posed photos" I believe you maybe able to take a picture when there signing but won't pose for you, best to check. Some guest if there not busy will take a posed photo and a photo with you in it if your lucky but it won't be as good quality as a shoot, make sure though you engage them in conversation that way they may not mind having a photo taken. I've managed to get a few over the desk shots before, Finn jones, Paul mcgann, Connor thinner, Jeffrey Coombs I was quite star struck though and they were such nice guys I bought a shoot the next time they were there to get a good quality photo. Hope this helps :)

Hi everyone this is our first major comic con and the guest list is outstanding!

Theres about 20 people on our list and i know Its unrealistic to see them all :( but I was wondering typically how many people normally get through?

It all depends on how long you are planning to be at he convention for. If it's just one day you would struggle meet all 20 people. However, if you were there all 3 days then you likely would.

The year before last I met 20 people, had 10 photoshoots and went to 5 talks, over the course of Saturday and Sunday and still had time to look around the stalls etc. What I always do is sit down and make a detailed plan. Each day I make a plan of what photoshoots I have and what talks I would like to do to. I then rank the guests I want to meet in order of importance (to me) From "OH MY GOD I MUST MEET" to "Yeah, I would quite like to meet them" and try to slot them in during the day in that order (bearing in mind that some guests are there one day only).

I've always met the guests I wanted to, but then again I've always gotten to the venue at 7am so have low Virtual Ticket numbers for everyone.

In terms of photos, I buy photoshoots for the guests I would really like a picture with, As a general rule of thumb (I'm waiting for people people to disagree with me) I have found that at LFCC guests who's autograph is £20 or more, ie the more popular guests, generally will not do photographs over the table. There are always exceptions to this of course, but usually, I have found this to be the case. Guests who are £10-15 are normally happy to (again this is just a generalisation).

If you want a photo with the likes of Stan Lee, Carrie Fisher, John Hurt (although his shoot has sold out now right?), Natalie Dormer (also sold out?), Ian Mcdiarmid, Jenna Coleman etc then I would buy photoshoots as they are very unlikely to do over the table photos, because they will be too busy.

Photoshoots are the only way not to be disappointed if you want a photo with a guest. Never assume that they will be doing over the table photos.

Hi everyone this is our first major comic con and the guest list is outstanding!

Theres about 20 people on our list and i know Its unrealistic to see them all :( but I was wondering typically how many people normally get through?

If you are there for all 3 days then I would think you would be fine, assuming you have early bird entry and pick up your virtual queue tickets first thing. I think if you are there just Saturday and Sunday would be o.k. If you are there just one day, and that day is Saturday I think would be a challenge and also would depend on who you are getting, particularly if you are after the big names like Stan Lee, John Hurt and Carrie Fisher.