First con and have a question..

Hi all,

I am new to cons as always wanted to go but never wanted to go alone so have finally found someone to tag along!

I am going on the Saturday with an early entry ticket and looking to meet around 11 guests for autographs. I understand from searching other threads some good advice about going straight to get the VT numbers for who I want to meet. Realistically am I going to get to meet all 11 in one day and get time to look at other things? Also if you get VT's for say 6 or 7 is there a chance that you could be in one queue when your number gets called for another guest? If so what happens then do you lose your place and have to start again?

I am looking to meet: Summer Glau, George A Romero, Edward James Olmos, Jamie Bamber, Casper Van Dien, Dina Meyer, Kenny Baker, Billy Dee Williams, Dave Prowse and Jeremy Bulloch.

I know you are all a friendly helpful bunch so any help or tips would be gratefully received.

Thanks

The list you've mentioned shouldn't be a problem. I would leave Kenny, David and Jeremy till last as they'll be the easiest. Unless other queues are long and you can meet them while you wait.

Brilliant thanks. Any ideas who you think might be the busiest apart from Romero? I heard somewhere that only the bigger guests have virtual tickets and the others you just have to queue for.

So that list is realist for one day and seeing the stalls etc? I'm guessing its quite a friendly atmosphere there as I may be going alone if my friend can't make it. long way to go and be lonely for a long day!!

Having been to a number of cons my advise with wanting a high number of auto's in one day is this:

1/ Get the VT for the biggest names who are there for one day only first.

2/ Take a look at the photo schedule so you know when guests will have to depart for phot oops and talks and make a few notes so you will know when to queue and when to leave it until later on,

3/ The guests who have signed multiple times such as Kenny Baker, Dave Prowse, Jeremy Bulloch I would leave until the last hour or so as their queues will be pretty clear by that stage.

This is just something that i do for myself and may not work for everyone, but i hope its helps:)

• Like 1

Jeremy,Kenny and Dave are nearly always on an open queue so you should leave them or go to them while you wait for the other guest queues to get to your number. I'm afraid that's all I could say as this is only my 2nd event! Hope it helps :)

I see you all advising leaving Kenny and Dave til late in the day, but bear in mind that Dave has just got out of hospital after his operation and Kenny is very old, and whilst they are both fine to attend, may not stay until the end of the day like they normally do. If they are really on your must have list (and they are both such lovely guys) I'd not leave them to the very last.

I see you all advising leaving Kenny and Dave til late in the day, but bear in mind that Dave has just got out of hospital after his operation and Kenny is very old, and whilst they are both fine to attend, may not stay until the end of the day like they normally do. If they are really on your must have list (and they are both such lovely guys) I'd not leave them to the very last.

To be honest, when I met them at previous cons, they did not have queues. So if you see them free, go!

To be honest, when I met them at previous cons, they did not have queues. So if you see them free, go!

Exactly! Last year dave was free and I'd already gotten my autograph so I just went up and had a really nice chat with him as he'd remembered me from the photo and autograph sessions. When they're free take the opportunity to say something to them that you've been dying to!

Out of all the people on the list, they'll be guests you can be guaranteed will be back. So I'd still prioritise the other guests first.

• Moderators

While I agree with you to a point.. you can neveeeeeeeer ever guarantee a guest will be back, especially as they get older etc. I know it's not the most pleasant point of view to take on it, but you don't want to regret anything :)

Although Bulloch, Prowse and Baker aren't generally busy guests compared to most, there was a good portion of Saturday last year when Prowse and Bulloch had a failry long queue...this is a result of them not being on VQ Tickets and the fact that both, Bulloch especially can be quite chatty and are happy to indulge in conversation with you.

That being said there will be large parts of the day where they will be quiet, whereas the likes of Summer Glau won't be lol

• Like 1

Thanks for all your advice. As this is my first con I want to get the most out of the day. Is there usually a Firefly guest there every year? I am really hoping to get my 10th anniversary book signed by them all eventually. Felling like I have got the bug already and haven't been yet!!

Firefly guests have been in attendance over the years, but there's not necessarily a Firefly guest at each LFACC.

And keep in mind Gina is known for not doing these kind of events (though I think she did do one in the US recently so maybe we may see more of her) and Nathan might be hard to get now as his profile (and costs) have gone up a lot but he'd be massively popular. Glad I met him a few years ago but have other things to get him on now.

Last yer for example there was no Firefly guest, but the year before we had two:-)

Really who was there 2 years ago? Does anyone think there maybe some at the Winter one? I am in the States so would look to use the pre order offer. Does anyone know if that is a safe option to send something you want specifically signed?

Last yer for example there was no Firefly guest, but the year before we had two:-)

Really who was there 2 years ago? Does anyone think there maybe some at the Winter one? I am in the States so would look to use the pre order offer. Does anyone know if that is a safe option to send something you want specifically signed?

Jewel and Adam were there in 2012. Here's a couple of photos i took.

_DSC0774.jpg_DSC0797.jpg

No-one can say if there will be anyone at the winter one, that's down to SM booking them and announcing it. Just have to wait and see I'm afraid but it's a popular franchise and they will always be popular guests.