Latest guest announcement - JOHN HURT

• Moderators

Let's try not to turn this entire topic into a discussion on the cost of events please.

In the end ALL of these events are a luxury for people. They're never going to be a necessity. So whether a £15 guest or £40 or whatever - that's a decision people have to make based on their own situations, justify it and then either go ahead with it or not. Same with anything on the stalls etc.

So no, these events won't be for everyone. Same as any event or any business or whatever. But judging on entrance ticket sales etc, this will again be a huge success, and people still have time to work out their own personal finances if they need to. We're all different and we always will be.

• Like 12

Awesome guest announcement. Have had the pleasure of meeting the legend that is John Hurt on a couple of occasions in the past and I can honestly say that he is one of my favourites. Considering that he is a true acting icon in the world of TV and Film throughout the world, he is very humble and a true gentleman :thumbup: You would be mad to miss this opportunity!!

• Like 1

Awesome guest announcement. Have had the pleasure of meeting the legend that is John Hurt on a couple of occasions in the past and I can honestly say that he is one of my favourites. Considering that he is a true acting icon in the world of TV and Film throughout the world, he is very humble and a true gentleman :thumbup: You would be mad to miss this opportunity!!

I agree. I was at a talk with him recently and he is a very humble soul, with a career that is quite exceptional. I actually think that with the greatest of respect to the other actors at this years LFCC, Johns body of work is on a totally different level. I for one will be raiding my piggy bank to get the chance to me this extraordinary and talented actor.

• Like 1

I've cancelled important plans and have bought Sat tickets just for this announcement. I was only going to do the Sunday. It's so big this year that I don't think I could have got everything I wanted in just one day. Why not though, I've worked hard and I'm treating myself, besides, I'm only missing my mother-in-law's 60th, it'll be my present to her!

• Like 5

• Moderators

Sorry but can we please not post any discussion about who's charging what and why. In the end, no attendees know who's charging what contractually, so there's no point in speculation or the blame game.

Thank you :)

Surprised his price was ever lower, this man is a legend. I'll be cutting down in my guest list to add this amazing actor, it will (John) hurt but choices have to be made :( Saturday will be incredibly busy and considering two of the greatest names on the list (Hurt & Dormer) are only attending that day... Hell, I'm going to stand in line a lot :o

Edited by dogsoldierspoon

Sorry but can we please not post any discussion about who's charging what and why. In the end, no attendees know who's charging what contractually, so there's no point in speculation or the blame game.

Thank you :)

David has already explained with this post why some posts have been hidden. If your post has been hidden please do not repost. The reasons why it has been hidden will not change the second round. ;)

• Like 1

Yay but am going to be so broke after lol.

would it be better to get a hp poster going and have the option to add to it (eg George Harris etc) or the more common harry and mr olivander in hus shop? Can't decide which way to go. Have found 2 posters I like one for hp deathly hallows p1 if castle burning and first hp film with hedwig and hogworts envelope.

Any thoughts or other suggestions welcome.

Thanks

I was wondering waht people will be getting signed? more precisely, the multi-auto posters... I would like to get an Alien franchise A4 but am having trouble finding an image I like that could be used across the franchise... anyone have images they use?

Absolute legend.

That said I'm torn..... Although no one can fault his amazing body of work there's nothing that jumps out for me to get signed....nothing in my personal must haves or favourites....but an absolute legend nonetheless. Maybe just get one of his provided photos just for the opportunity.

Now if he does a talk on the other hand that would be a no brainer for me

• Moderators

I'm going to get my Merlin s2 boxset signed. (He's one of only 2 main cast that have yet to sign it and I think Richard Wilson is going to prove difficult to track down!)

• Like 1

Edited: As explained above by a moderator if a post has been removed then it is for a reason. Do not re-post.

You have already been given an official warning about this.

Edited by 1of2