Join the countdown...

• Showmasters Admin

So as we make this post it is LESS than a month to go until London Film and Comic Con 2014

You'll be pleased to know the team are completely chilled, taking it easy, relaxing in the sun... (we wish!) in order to bring you the biggest and best event we possibly can.

You can probably make some very good guesses as to just some of the preparations and details the LFCC team have to do prior to doors open, but what are your plans - in order to be ready for LFCC what things will you be needing to do over the next few weeks so that you are ready to attend? It's easy for us to imagine all you have to do is roll up to the door, but I'm thinking there's a bit more to it than that, let's see if we can discover the craziest list of things someone has to do before LFCC from an attendees POV!

Have you completed our survey yet? There are some fantastic Game of Thrones goodies up for grabs and all you have to do is tell us about your experiences with Showmasters - visit this thread for the details - http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=84684

Don't forget we have some great giveaways at this year's event including some fantastic Spider-Man prizes up for grabs, follow your Spidey-senses and pre-order The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Blu-ray & DVD (out Sept 1st) here http://amzn.to/1gFbvGc

• Like 2

Not interested in winning game of thrones stuff. But filled in survey.
Its a shame you didn't have an any other comments option.
I would have said I don't mind there being a yearly membership if you got discounted earlybird/gold tickets as well as a few extras like maybe a members lounge and priority seats. And if it had different tiers depending on what price you paid.

As for prep. I have to wash pincurl my hair adding lots of produce a day in advance. then next day brush curls and roll up. So I can sleep on it and not have to do it at dawn on the day of travel. Got about 3-4 layers of clothing to put on what with underpetticoats etc. Also need to make my lunch and pack everything I need…
although this is if I've finished sewing my cosplay by then….otherwise I may be handsewing the last details on the train to london. lol!

Oh and tickets...mustn't forget tickets....and my scedule I will have timed down to nth degree, including highlighting important times etc.

Edited by LadyDeTemps

Lets see...

Haircut in a few weeks;

Hours spent in front of the mirror trying to figure out the perfect balance between nice smile and creepy smile...

Train tickets;

Try to even out the silly tan on my arms...

Snacks for during the day;

Last few A4 posters for group autos &

Sacrificing live animals to Imhotep to make sure no more of my guests cancel.

Not much :angel:

• Like 1

Plenty of overtime selling on ebay to raise funds for my last con.finish work half day to get home check last time i have everything tickets money food photos sharpies. Get train to London early Friday. Check in hotel then stand outside venue waiting for six pm to arrive. The beginning of the end is here.

Plenty of overtime selling on ebay to raise funds for my last con.finish work half day to get home check last time i have everything tickets money food photos sharpies. Get train to London early Friday. Check in hotel then stand outside venue waiting for six pm to arrive. The beginning of the end is here.

Maybe I missed it but I don't remember seeing why this will be your last con?

Work my backside off to pay for autographs and photos.

Make sure my digital art is printed off and tucked away safely.

Root out any DVDs and books I want signed.

Keep fingers crossed that the last of my Game of Thrones T-Shirts arrive in time.

Much the same as me! ...but just to add...also praying for no guest cancellations (from my list) :)

Thinking of buying a blonde wig to go with my Eowyn costume; however, that will depend on how much it cost and what the weather will look like to be on 12/7. If it's too hot I may decide against wearing the costume.

Also need to pack my Serenity + BSG DVD covers to be signed by the stars (and hope they don't cancel! I was really sad to hear Sean Maher cancelled!)

lists lists and more lists

List of clothes

List of guest to meet

List of what to get signed by guest(sorted into types e.g dr who)

List of protective items (bubble wrap ,sticky tape etc, poster carrier)

Buying said protective gear

List of guest in order of suspected attention guests will get (waiting to meet)

List of missing Trading cards for a few series I'm collecting ( to go hunting for )

List of photo shoots

List of other items , money,card,food etc

list of things to do - timetable of photo shoots/talks waiting time for busy guest (when the details are out)

cry in the corner over sean not coming

pack in about a week

countdown the days

think thats everything

and thats without the other half already booking the coach and hotel

Edited by Smidge
  • Like 2