comedy stars

stevie_g

In the past week we lost Sam Kelly and the legendary Rik Mayall. This got me thinking that we never really get to meet such people much at these events, even though comedic actors are very popular in this country. So would anyone else like to meet a Paul Whitehouse or Adrian Edmondson? Inbetweeners cast, or Ronnie Corbett? These are just suggestions of course, but I'd be interested in what other people think.

• Like 2

Yeah sad to loose RIk...i feel so lucky to have met him twice..ive also met Ade aswel but i love your suggestion about comedy guests...there are alot of guests from many tv shows uk and american i love which id love to meet!

In the past week we lost Sam Kelly and the legendary Rik Mayall. This got me thinking that we never really get to meet such people much at these events, even though comedic actors are very popular in this country. So would anyone else like to meet a Paul Whitehouse or Adrian Edmondson? Inbetweeners cast, or Ronnie Corbett? These are just suggestions of course, but I'd be interested in what other people think.

• Like 1

Yeah sad to loose RIk...i feel so lucky to have met him twice..ive also met Ade aswel but i love your suggestion about comedy guests...there are alot of guests from many tv shows uk and american i love which id love to meet!

Glad it's not just me :smile:

Stevie, your first post was merged with the main guest suggestion topic in LFACC. We do request that you either use this main topic or the Guest Suggestion section and not open guest requests in the events section for every suggestion. I will move this to the Guest Suggestion area now.

Stevie, your first post was merged with the main guest suggestion topic in LFACC. We do request that you either use this main topic or the Guest Suggestion section and not open guest requests in the events section for every suggestion. I will move this to the Guest Suggestion area now.

Sorry about that, I thought it was my phone playing up the first time

I would love to, I guess comedy stars don't tend to appear at these type of events though as it tends to be be more Sci Fi related, however, there have been some exceptions over the years although often because of a crossover role into the Sci Fi arena.

One of the nicest guests I have met was Richard Briers who was at a LFCC a few years ago. The Good Life was a classic comedy and loved him and Peter Egan in Ever Decreasing Circles.

I'm trying to rack my brains for other comedy related guests that have appeared (did Christopher Ryan appear before (have a feeling he may have on a day I didn't go), mainly because of his Doctor Who role if he did) but I think most of the comedy guests I've met have been at Premieres or Stage doors.

It would have been great to have seen a Young Ones reunion with Rik, Ade, Nigel, Christopher and Alexi.

Alyson Hannigan (American Pie, How I Met Your Mother & Date Movie)

Rachel Bilson (Hart of Dixie, Chuck & How I Met Your Mother)

Seth Green (Family Guy, Robot Chicken, Dads & Austin Powers)

Katherine Heigl (Knocked Up & 27 Dresses)

Zooey Deschanel (New Girl & 500 Days of Summer)

Anna Faris (Scary Movies, Mom, The House Bunny, The Dictator & Lost in Translation)

Dianna Agron (Glee & The Family)

Alicia Silverstone (Clueless, Suburgatory, Miss Match & Scooby Doo 2)

Michelle Trachtenberg (Eurotrip & 17 Again)

my biggest to wants are Vic Reeves and Bob Mortimer would love to meet theses guys

I've met Vic a couple of times, nice guy. Never met Bob though, so would like to meet him.

Did you ever watch Vic Reeves Big Night Out ? One of the times I met Vic was a book talk and signing and went to get a photo and auto with him and he said whilst you are you should get Fred as well, the legendary "Les" from Big Night Out and there is was sitting in the front row !

• Like 1

my biggest to wants are Vic Reeves and Bob Mortimer would love to meet theses guys

I've met Vic a couple of times, nice guy. Never met Bob though, so would like to meet him.

Did you ever watch Vic Reeves Big Night Out ? One of the times I met Vic was a book talk and signing and went to get a photo and auto with him and he said whilst you are you should get Fred as well, the legendary "Les" from Big Night Out and there is was sitting in the front row !

Watched it i thought there best thing was Randall and Hopkirk loved that program

Bonita Friedericy (Chuck)

Anna Kendrick (Scott Pilgrim Vs The World, Pitch Perfect, Rocket Science & Up In The Air)

Joseph Lawrence (Blossom)

Christine Taylor (Dodgeball, Tropic Thunder, Arrested Development, Zoolander & The Brady Bunch)

Breckin Meyer (Franklin & Bash, Clueless & Road Trip)

Jane Levy (Suburgatory & Shameless)

Jenna Von Oy (Blossom, The Parkers & Dr Dolittle 3)

Mena Suvari (American Pie & American Beauty)

Heather Morris (Glee)

Sarah Michelle Gellar (Scooby Doo)

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a big Steve Coogan fan but I don't think cons are his style.

Got his auto on an index card at Autographica in 2012 for a fiver- I don't think he'd be chuffed at how cheap it was!

Macaulay Culkin (Home 1 & 2, Uncle Buck, Richie Rich & Saved)

Kaley Cuoco (The Big Bang Theory, 8 Simple Rules & 6Teen)

Melissa Joan Hart (Sabrina The Teenage Witch, Clarissa Explains It All)

Mayim Bialik (The Big Bang Theory & Blossom)

Jayma Mays (Glee, Epic Movie & The Millers)

Kate Hudson (Glee, Something Borrowed, Bride Wars & Raising Helen)

Eliza Dushku (Bring It On & Jay & Silent Bob)

It was a real privilege meeting Christopher Ryan last year, and would love to get the opportunity to meet more comedy guests - Ade naturally, the Mary Whitehouse experience guys, any comic strip team members, the list goes on. So glad I got to meet Rik 25 odd years ago after Bad News played the Reading festival - just gutted I can't find the photo!