Question regarding being hard of hearing

Hi. I'm a LFCC newbie and I've read as many of the forum topics and FAQ's as I can but haven't quite been able to figure out if I'm going to have trouble at the event. I'm hard of hearing and I'm now wondering if announcements will be made by people yelling or if there are any kinds of boards announcing them? I've been to other events in the past and have missed talks and so on due to announcements being made by crew/staff simply shouting the announcements.

I'm coming by myself so I can't rely on someone helping me in hearing. Sometimes I can hear but most of the time if there's a lot of noise around (which I have a feeling it'll be at LFCC) I have major trouble sorting out what people are saying. I read lips well but if I'm not looking directly at the person I'm screwed.

I'm really excited about this event though so it would be good to know how things will be announced at this event. Thanks in advance! :)

Well there is usually a schedule posted during the event. When it comes to tickets numbers for auto's etc they are written on a board where the actor is. So you shouldn't have many problems. As long as you know if there are any changes when you arrive just keep an eye on the time. I don't generally listen to any to anything being said, if there has been lol shows you how much of that I notice. You just need to make sure you are at the right place at the right time (for photo ops and talks if you are doing any of those). Auto's as I said keep an eye on the actors boards.

When you arrive you will be given a timetable of talks and photo shoot times (they should be posted on here nearer the event too).

There is usually a board near the talk and photo area with the times on so you should beable to get the information you need. For autograph queues you will be given a ticket number for busy guests and the there is a board by the queue which displays the number called.

If you need any help there are plenty of stewards at the event who can direct you or feel free to PM me as I have worked at Collectormania before and will also be there alone on the Saturday. You'll still have a great time.

There's always tons of boards/posters up scattered around the event that lists photoshoot and talk times. They also post the schedule on this forum usually in the week leading up to the event so you can plan in advance if you like.

The Virtual Queue numbers for autographs are written on a white board at the end of each queue so you can see what number they are up to.

The only problem I could see is maybe if you have a popular photoshoot which is being done in number order where the crew member usually calls out "Anyone with tickets 80 and below join the line" etc

My advice for photoshoots, as soon as you get to the photo area explain the situation to a crew member. They will be shouting out the no's but if you're further away in the crowd you might not hear.

When you arrive you will be given a timetable of talks and photo shoot times (they should be posted on here nearer the event too).

I've never been given a timetable at the event, I always save it on my phone.

At other cons I've took photos of the floor plan and timetable and that way they are with me in my pocket at all times :)

Usually the rough floorplan gets posted the on here the day before or morning of the event (though that may not always be possible) - easy to download and transfer to whatever smart device you happen to be carrying.

At other cons I've took photos of the floor plan and timetable and that way they are with me in my pocket at all times :)

Usually the rough floorplan gets posted the on here the day before or morning of the event (though that may not always be possible) - easy to download and transfer to whatever smart device you happen to be carrying.

Yeah, i know,it's qucker to pull up a photo on my phone though, and only takes a second for me to do

• Like 1