The set up for Stan Lee

With the normal set up for autographs, being that you turn up to who you want to meet and take a virtual que ticket.

Does anyone know if this will be the same set up for Stan Lee or will they do things slightly differently?

It's pretty obvious that I would say 90% of people going and probably more are going to want to get an autograph with the legend himself.

To prevent one big mad rush and the start of the day (which to be honest I am fully prepared for) to get over to where the virtual que tickets will be being handed out for Stan, will LFCC take a slightly different approach??

Carla

I wonder if Stan will be in a separate booth, a bit like they had for Peter Dinklage and David Hasselhoff last time round. I'm expecting something similar.

I think it would be worth Showmasters planning out how they do this, because I am sure most of us early birders are going to be heading over to Stan's VQ to pick up a ticket.

He most definitely will be boxed in like Dinklage, Hoff, Tyson, Matt Smith, Norman Reedus, Karl Urban and Gillian Anderson etc have been at previous London events.

Oh yes, absolutely he will have his own boxed booth. It will be interesting to see how they will handle everyone descending on his VQ line at the same time.

I hope the poor volunteer manning this position will be well experienced. Could be a rabbit in the headlights moment :smile:

• Showmasters Admin

He will be in a separate booth.

​you would think we would have something planned for giving out tickets :-) and we do as we think like that ;-)

we have it worked out it will be fine we have been busy before and one thing you can say about the Showmasters crew when its busy they are at there best :-)

see you all soon for an amazing weekend the biggest show of its kind in europe now with 100 Film and TV guest :-0

and you are all apart of it :dance: :dance:

Jason

• Like 2

Although Stan Lee will be extremely popular and busy, it is often the case that 1 or 2 guests attract all the VQ ticket attention first thing. Dinklage, Reedus, Gillian Anderson, Karl Urban, Tennant, Smith, Elijah Wood, Christopher Lloyd etc etc have all been like this in the past so it's nothing new. Although I anticipate they are expecting Stan to be the busiest yet?

Never really understand why they box off guests unless sm don't want you to look at them for free :smile: I always get autos on impulse as well and have never got a boxed guest on impulse, it was only when i saw others photos that i wished i had got Norman Reedus, if i would have saw him im sure i would of impulse bought. Out of sight out of mind i suppose.

Edited by cropsy2008
  • Like 2

It works a lot more efficiently for the biggest guests.

Thinking about it i can imagine it would as no doubt the area would be crowed with onlookers so i do understand why they do it, but the guests must miss out on impulse buyers. Catch 22.

• Moderators

Generally the guests who are 'in a box' to assist with more efficient signing are quite busy enough anyway ;) And it really does help us get people through the queue more quickly while still allowing everyone to actually have their moments to meet the guest.

I'm struggling to whittle down the items I want stan to sign. I'm a silver pass holder so how will this work with VQtickets etc.

Is it going to be one signature per person?

Or One each time you queue?

Or Upto XXX items per person as long as you pay the fee per signature?

Or Pay extra for a personalisation?

I Would rather not lug items down to London if I can't get them signed and would love to be able to plan what to bring, but appreciate you may only be able to advise this just before the event... No problem if so ....just worth a shot to ask.

Also once I know this I can budget for other guests signatures, photo shoots etc

• Moderators

The USUAL rule for any guest on the virtual queue system is a maximum of 5 items at any one time. The silver pass will give you one entry into Stan's queue, which would be a maximum of 5 items; if you wanted more you would have to collect a VQ ticket and rejoin the queue at another time.

If a different limit is for some reason set for Stan's queue then information about that will be posted.

• Moderators

IF there is no sign then there's nothing stopping you asking. I suspect very strongly that, due to the sheer numbers of people wanting to meet him, there will be a no posed photos sign all weekend including Friday.

The USUAL rule for any guest on the virtual queue system is a maximum of 5 items at any one time. The silver pass will give you one entry into Stan's queue, which would be a maximum of 5 items; if you wanted more you would have to collect a VQ ticket and rejoin the queue at another time.

If a different limit is for some reason set for Stan's queue then information about that will be posted.

Thank you Terrahawk ... That's really helpful

He will be in a separate booth.

​you would think we would have something planned for giving out tickets :-) and we do as we think like that ;-)

we have it worked out it will be fine we have been busy before and one thing you can say about the Showmasters crew when its busy they are at there best :-)

see you all soon for an amazing weekend the biggest show of its kind in europe now with 100 Film and TV guest :-0

and you are all apart of it :dance: :dance:

Jason

I had know doubt in my mind what so ever that you wouldn't be prepared :). Cannot wait :smile:. 30 days to go for us :dance: :dance: :dance:

It's pretty obvious that I would say 90% of people going and probably more are going to want to get an autograph with the legend himself.

I know more people going who aren't getting him than are.

Wow!! I am actually surprised by this, but hey, I guess he is not for everyone

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if 60% of people going to the show don't get autographs at all.

Yeah thinking about it i'm sure the casual goer would probably have to decide between the photoshoot and the auto as they are like £80/£90 for both and the way the photoshoots have sold like gold dust i bet that is the preferred option.

I'm not even talking about Stan Lee specifically. I mean in general. I'm being conservative here, the real number is probably much lower.

For Stan Lee, I doubt that more than 5-10% will be getting his autograph or picture. Otherwise they would be much cheaper (and quite impossible to do).

im actually going to get both with stan, ive got my photoshoot booked sunday so will try get the autograph fri or sat, Stan Lee is my No.1 guest for this summer event followed by Sherilyn fenn (big twin peaks fan), slavitza jovan and micheal ensign (as a big gb fan)