Autograph photos

Hi I'm new to the forum, I have been to the con before but this is the first time I will be getting autographs. I have a questions about the provided pictures that you can get signed, are you given a bunch of photos to choose from?

• Moderators

Depends on the guest as to how many options there are, but yes there's usually a choice :) I'd say bigger guests might have up to 10 different ones, while some others might only have 2-3.

Depends on how many different roles somebody has played or how many different films they were in, example, last year jeremy Bulloch although most famous for boba fett had multiple different photos of that character he had many others of the different characters he'd played and then he also had his book,basically there's always plenty to choose from

Always a good selection.......but not always what you want, so if there is a particular image that you really want signed then you are best to source it and bring it yourself just to be on the safe side.

I'd also be careful, some of the 'free' photographs are of low quality images, or are cropped pretty poorly.

If its something you're going to display, to be safe, I'd buy it beforehand.

I wouldn't trust MovieMarket either, as they are guilty of the same.

• Like 1

Are there any UK based dealers that sell high quality Star Wars 8x10s? Don't think an order from the US dealers would get here in time

Not that I know of George, Official Pix is the best bet but as you say you are probably cutting it fine now ordering from them. What images are you looking for?

Are there any UK based dealers that sell high quality Star Wars 8x10s? Don't think an order from the US dealers would get here in time

Not that I know of George, Official Pix is the best bet but as you say you are probably cutting it fine now ordering from them. What images are you looking for?

ROTJ emperor Maybe revenge of the sith

And nobody will want images of that signed I wouldn't have thought, nor would there be any available I doubt (but you never know lol). Apart from Star Wars his only other mainstream role that I can think of was in Sleepy Hollow. I'd presume that all photos available will be Star Wars related so you have nothing to fear in that respect ;)

• Like 1

no offence to Mr McDiarmid but what other role is he most known for lol? Expect them to have a good selection of him as The Emperor/ Senator Palpatine/ Darth Sidious

Probably not well known lol, but I enjoyed seeing him in an episode of Inspector Morse.

and also an episode of Young Indiana Jones......I'm certainly not suggesting he's a one trick pony.

It goes to highlight though that if you wanted an image of him signed from that episode of Morse then chances are they wouldn't have it and it is best to go prepared.

When Angela Bruce Iast appeared I made the mistake of thinking that photos of her role as Councillor Murray from Only Fools would be available and didn't take my own. Alas, only Doctor Who photos were there. I've learned from that :smile:

But generally, I've never had a problem with getting decent images from those available for most guests.

Edited by jonathan

While we're on the subject of Ian, I was thinking of getting him to sign my TESB poster or blu- ray set; thoughts please?

I wouldn't do the ESB poster as he wasn't technically in that film until the special edition cane out, blu ray I'd say yes as he's in I-III and on that version V-VI

While we're on the subject of Ian, I was thinking of getting him to sign my TESB poster or blu- ray set; thoughts please?

I was debating this, i'm getting a ESB poster signed by a couple of people but decided against Ian as he wasn't in it till it was re-released plus it also leaves me £70 better off :P haha

• Like 2