Hotel booking

Cariyo

Only problem with that is, if everyone booked a room waiting for a code to come out, then the hotel may turn round and say sorry but weve had all rooms booked so no discount.... and also they may get a bit annoyed with the cancelling/rebooking.

@VanillaMagick Some already tried to do that and was told that he have to pay in advance without a booking code :( And for me, as I'm concerned that the event might not be happening, this wouldn't be helping neither.

Huh, that's strange... I'm just looking on the hotel website at booking a room and it says it takes a card to guarantee your reservation but that your card will not be charged in advance.

*shrugs*

@VanillaMagick Some already tried to do that and was told that he have to pay in advance without a booking code :( And for me, as I'm concerned that the event might not be happening, this wouldn't be helping neither.

Huh, that's strange... I'm just looking on the hotel website at booking a room and it says it takes a card to guarantee your reservation but that your card will not be charged in advance.

*shrugs*

I think the card is to take a deposit but your card wont be charged the full hotel room price in advance. Well this is what i have had happen previously. Hope this helps.

The prices to book this hotel without the code are ridiculous. If I'd known the hotel booking was going to be this much trouble/expensive I may not have bought a ticket for the convention.

I can't afford to risk booking without the code.

It's never usually like this

Edited by amyr1985

Not sure what all the fuss is about to be honest - I just went on to the website and went all the way to the end of the booking process and without a code it's £90 per night. This is not taken up front and the cancellation policy is this - copied directly from the website:

"Cancellation Policy

• Cancel by 4:00 PM hotel time on Apr 24 2015 = no penalty."

also on the payment page it says this:

"Credit Card

• This guarantees your room for your arrival date. Your card will not be charged in advance. Should you wish to use this credit card for payment at the hotel, cardholder must be present at the hotel at time of payment."

so book now and reserve a room - then when or if a code comes out, phone up and have the code added to the room or simply cancel this one without penalty and book another with the code.

EDIT - for some reason when I was writing this the autocorrect kept wanting me to end the last sentance with coed... not sure if it's trying to tell me something.

• Showmasters Admin

Hi everyone,

I'm really sorry! I have been off ill for the whole of December and so really not on top of this. Please accept my apologies! :-(

I have spoken to the hotel today and they are going to generate the necessary weblink for booking rooms and get it to me asap. If I have have not heard anything by Thursday I will chase them again and make sure that we have it for you this week.

Again, sorry you have had to wait so long and I am on the case now.

Thanks for your patience.

Take care,

Mark :smile:

• Like 1