Maybe 2015?

stephy749

Oh my gosh guys honestly, this is the first news we've got in case and most of you are complaining sure maybe 3 months notices isn't enough but you know what tough. English actors are so difficult to get a hold of for conventions because they don't usually know their schedules so far in advance. Would you rather have 6 months notice and not have Ben or martin turn up at all because they have other work commitments or do you ant them to work their hardest to get the best guests if it means leaving it a while before getting things set in stone?

This is the first news we've had since they announced the event just be happy that it's actually still happening despite the fact that almost every single person who works on that show are working on different projects right now!

I think it's a little unfair for you to say that. A lot of people will find it diffcult to get there now many people will also not be able to book time off work. Remember they are saying in 3 months and still have not given dates.

The less notice we have the more expesive things get e.g trains planes etc.

Just because you are excited to have some news does not mean everyone should also be excited people now getting worried they won't be able to go.

• Like 2

To be honest the way it was announced on the night of another con starting and then to not get any news for months, I don't think you can complain that people are miffed at it being in the next 3 months if they'd have said back in feb when they announced it that it'd be between July and September then people would have had a lot more time to prepare for it rather than oh we're going to do it sometime in the next 3 months.

I'm lucky that I'm in a fairly flexible job when it comes to requesting time off but not everyone is in the same situation and a lot of people that night have wanted to attend will most likely be unable to due to short notice and prior commitments so to say that people are complaining about info is harsh it's all about dealing with and prioritising the practicalities that come with life and work!

• Like 4

Any news about this con is exciting! It would definitely be good to know information as early as possible, but if the guest list is good (well, let's be honest, if Benedict is among the guest list) and the con seems worth it, I'm willing to make last minute plans. The website states that the con will be in both the US and Europe; is there any news on which location is being planned for at the moment?

Thank you!

I honestly don't think they'll rush the con. No point spending ages getting everything to fall into place and expect fans to be able to come at very late notice. At the end of the day the con is there to make them money, so they'll want as many people there as possible.

I think it's a little unfair for you to say that. A lot of people will find it diffcult to get there now many people will also not be able to book time off work. Remember they are saying in 3 months and still have not given dates.

The less notice we have the more expesive things get e.g trains planes etc.

Just because you are excited to have some news does not mean everyone should also be excited people now getting worried they won't be able to go.

Can anyone point me to where it was said by SM that the event will be in the next 3 months because I can't find it - it looks to me like it's speculation that people are taking as confirmation but I've obviously missed something.

Tanks.

On the previous page. 19th June.

David, can you tell us anything about when something more about the Event will be revealed? I'm not asking for the exact day, just if it's going to happen soon (maybe before July starts?) or not..

The mods do not have any more info about this than you guys have. David is referring to a post on page 2 of this thread made by the organiser. That one says "soon", and that's all we know. Sorry.

To the person who stated its tough on those who cant save as schedules of actors are varied and if 3 months notice thats ok and tough on those who cant, I have no choice but to have 6 months to save for a convention I am a full time carer for my mother I do not have alot of money coming in so sorry if it takes me longer to have to save and sorry I have to miss my holidays off twice a yr because I have to save in advance. Ps showmasters this is not at you as I know you all of old just some people think you can save up and be rude at short notice not knowing the facts of peoples lives and just gutted right now that some people are like it here.

To the person who stated its tough on those who cant save as schedules of actors are varied and if 3 months notice thats ok and tough on those who cant, I have no choice but to have 6 months to save for a convention I am a full time carer for my mother I do not have alot of money coming in so sorry if it takes me longer to have to save and sorry I have to miss my holidays off twice a yr because I have to save in advance. Ps showmasters this is not at you as I know you all of old just some people think you can save up and be rude at short notice not knowing the facts of peoples lives and just gutted right now that some people are like it here.

It's very sad people are like that I am lucky that I have weekends off work but I still need to save the money like everyone else and I work. So unlikely I will have enough to go. Lets keep our fingers crossed for everyone though.

• Like 1