Latest Author Announcement - PAUL CORNELL

• Showmasters Admin

We are very pleased to have PAUL CORNELL attending London Film and Comic Con as part of our Book Zone this year!

Attending Sunday, Paul will be signing his books and taking part in an on stage panel.

Paul-Cornell-COPYRIGHT-SFX--300x400.jpg

London Falling

london-falling-edit.jpg

The dark is rising . . .

Detective Inspector James Quill is about to complete the drugs bust of his career. Then his prize suspect Rob Toshack is murdered in custody. Furious, Quill pursues the investigation, co-opting intelligence analyst Lisa Ross and undercover cops Costain and Sefton. But nothing about Toshack’s murder is normal. Toshack had struck a bargain with a vindictive entity, whose occult powers kept Toshack one step ahead of the law – until his luck ran out.

Now, the team must find a 'suspect' who can bend space and time and alter memory itself. And they will kill again. As the group starts to see London’s sinister magic for themselves, they have two choices: panic or use their new abilities. Then they must hunt a terrifying supernatural force the only way they know how: using police methods, equipment and tactics. But they must all learn the rules of this new game - and quickly. More than their lives will depend on it.

Severed Streets

severed-streets-edit.jpg

A Jack the Ripper copycat, austerity-inspired budget cuts, a murdered MP and Neil Gaiman? It can only be the latest urban fantasy thriller from bestselling Doctor Who writer, Paul Cornell

Summer in London: a city in turmoil. The vicious murder of a well-known MP is like a match to tinder but Detective Inspector James Quill and his team know that it's not a run-of-the-mill homicide. Still coming to terms with their new-found second sight, they soon discover that what is invisible to others - the killer - is visible to them. Even if they have no idea who it is.

Then there are more deaths. The bodies of rich, white men are found in circumstances similar to those that set the streets of London awash with fear during the late 1800s: the Whitechapel murders. Even with their abilities to see the supernatural, accepting that Jack the Ripper is back from the dead is a tough ask for Quill's team. As they try to get to grips with their abilities and a case that's spiralling out of control, Quill realizes that they have to understand more about this shadowy London, a world of underground meetings, bizarre and fantastical auctions, and objects that are 'get out of hell free' cards. But the team's unlikely guide, a bestselling author, can't offer them much insight - and their other option, the Rat King, speaks only in riddles.

Relying on old-fashioned police work and improvising with their new skills only lands them in deeper water, and they soon realize that the investigation is going to hell - literally. And if they're not careful, they may be going with it . . .

Just realised I have 'Doctor Who - The Shooting Scripts' which includes 'Father's Day' by Paul, so hopefully that will do.

Would Paul be okay with signing a MIB action figure (9th Doctor), if the figure's costume is for an episode he wrote?

Geoff

• 2 weeks later...

I've looked around but I can't see if there's been any clarity on Paul's signing (and Ben Aaronovich's as well) I have a Doctor Who DVD i'd like to get signed by him and 2 i'd like signed by Ben, but I don't know if you need to have a physical book, or if you need to buy a book and that allows autographs on your own items? I wouldn't mind even paying for my items but it's just not knowing that concerns me

It would seem a little unfair if it was limited to physical written books (if the signing is free as well for those) as someone like Paul has written several stories for Big Finish, and he wrote the Doctor Who story that I have the DVD of, surely if it's a 'writers area' moreso than just a 'book area' and anything they wrote should count?

Edited by JacknDaniel

• 2 weeks later...