The Countdown Continues - 5 weeks to go!

Game of Thrones screening with exclusive cast commentary and a few more surprises for Game of Thrones fans on the days

A few more surprises? So excited!

Mine too. I love GoT. I am so excited for this as it is also my first Comic-Con.

Yeah i very much agree, not a dr who fan at all, but going by the guest list so far there are about 19 that i counted DW related guests. im not an event organiser but im guessing its partly due to that with dr who being a uk based show, its easier and cheaper to book guests from that show then an american show so thats one reason i think.

still even with all those, there is enough guests for my liking so im not moaning, but as a few have said, afew more from the horror genre would be great to mix it up a bit.

the stand out guests for me are stan lee, george a romero, michael madsen, lena headley (she was great in dredd), sherilyn fenn (had such a crush on audrey horn in twin peaks) and slavitza jovan/michael ensign for the ghostbusters relation.

Dont get me wrong, i think its a fantastic line up this year, and i will be having more photos this year than i did last year, but this year seems to be leaning very heavily towards Dr Who which i have never got into.

• Like 3

I was so happy with the George Romero announcement that i not been askin for guests but more horror is always a plus. I'm gueessing the lack of Star Trek guest is due to STDL in oct which is understandable but Terry Farrell will more than do. I agre on Derek Mears, he would be great.

Amanda Righetti

Danielle Panabaker

Julianna Guill

Peter Weller

Nancy Allen

Mischa Collins

Julie Carmen

and i may as well hope- John Carpenter.

Im hoping DSTL will not impact the amount of Star Trek guests attending LFCC. I would love to see more star trek guests, this year we dont seem to have much in terms of Trek :(

• Like 1

I definitely agree with the above would love to see a couple more trek guests but I imagine DST will have an impact on the amount of trek guests at LFCC

Its a shame. With entry at £29.00 i would rather spend that entry money on another Trek guests at LFCC *cough* lets have a star trek reunion *cough* :whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

• Like 3

I've never been this excited for an event before! Thank you again for getting such awesome guests :clap:

Im just waiting to get my hands on your avatar!! :wub:

Haha, as am I! I'm sure he'll be lovely!

Totally agree with you! Awww can't wait to meet him!!
  • Like 2

It will be my first time so I'm just looking forward to seeing/filming everything. Is there going to be any Ghostbusters stuff? I forgot until something came up about it on Twitter yesterday that Ghostbusters is 30 years old this weekend (as in 7/8th June) I watched the film last night to mark the occasion (along with thousands of other people on Twitter. @jpclark898 if anyone wants to follow me)

Something else I was going to ask was is it going to be a problem that as it's my first time there will be a lot of actors/actresses I wouldn't of heard of? What I mean is is the event strictly for geeks/ nerds? I mean that in a nice way not a nasty way.

no! Definitely not! You go for who you know and want to see, last year my mum took my cousin and me as it was our first ever convention, but she recognised some of the names and she's the total opposite to a nerd or a geek, she recognised Dave Prowse as the green cross code man etc

Something else I was going to ask was is it going to be a problem that as it's my first time there will be a lot of actors/actresses I wouldn't of heard of? What I mean is is the event strictly for geeks/ nerds? I mean that in a nice way not a nasty way.

Absolutely not! I'm soooo picky when it comes to the guests, I rarely have more than 1 or 2 yet still have stuff an amazing time! Obviously, the stalls are mostly, 'geeky' stuff from films but if there is even just 1 guest you want to meet, it will be SO worth it :)!

You will love it, it certainly is fun even if your not a geek, meeting celebrities and browsing around and all the stuff available makes for some great memories. Also you make friends at the vent that over time you will start to have other con goers you can speak to :)

• Showmasters Admin

32 days and counting...

only today we've now added details about a trailer zone, which will be previewing upcoming trailers for some exciting titles coming soon, and have you seen what will be available in the auction - if you haven't make sure you check out the thread posted today, some really cool items are included.

So, we're interested in knowing how you first heard about London FIlm and Comic Con - was it from visiting other Showmasters events, adverts, friends? What made you visit your first ever show, or if LFCC 2014 is your first show, what has attracted you this year??