Choosing Photo Sessions/Autographs

Hi all.

New to the forum and also Comic Con this year, so no idea if I'm doing this wrong but this seemed like a good place to start for help. You all seem like great help, and being only 14, it helps to have some of the information you've all provided.

I'm currently stuck in deciding whether or not I should book a photo session or a signing session for Jenna Coleman. I'm hoping to have a proper chat with Jenna being a big fan (and a huge crush as well) but know the photo session doesn't last long, and don't know what I'll be able to do in the signing session, or how long that will last. If anyone could help me decide or give me any more info, that'd be great.

Hey there, you can't book an autograph you need to get a VQ ticket on the day for this :) as for how how long you be able to speak to her it depends on the queue really. If Jenna is very busy you won't get very long but if you see her and her queue is short you will have a bit longer.

Hope that helps :)

• Like 1

• Moderators

Usually the autograph table allows for more conversation than the photoshoot sessions (where it is literally hi-smile for pic-thanks bye'). Jenna is likely to be a busy guest so even at the autograph table conversations will be limited to a few lines.

• Like 2

As others have said, the autograph table is the best opportunity. I guess if you're willing to remain patient, her queue may tail off towards the end of the day which may be the time to get a touch longer with her. Good luck and enjoy! :)

Will I be able to take a photo over/behind the table with Jenna? Thanks for all the help so far.

It depends on the day, but I suspect it would be unlikely due to her being very busy.

Her last appearance was no posed photos. You could take a candid photo if her though.

Will I be able to take a photo over/behind the table with Jenna? Thanks for all the help so far.

It depends on the day, but I suspect it would be unlikely due to her being very busy.

Her last appearance was no posed photos. You could take a candid photo if her though.

Hm okay. Thank you.

What you do is you get there early, get a good sleep the night before, get in line early and when you talk to her at the table have your camera out and ask her is it ok if i have a picture with you. Either the person behind you will take it or if there is staff there ask them to take it. Of course things change during the day but even guests who will be busy are known to take pictures at the table early on. Even if for some reason there is no posed photos from the very start of the morning, it's worth the wait to try. Try and get a VT early or in line early.

• Moderators

As 1of2 said, it's highly unlike Jenna would be doing photos at her desk AT ALL during the day, regardless of whether you're there early or not.

If I was wanting a photo with her, I'd absolutely go with the photo shoot.

As 1of2 said, it's highly unlike Jenna would be doing photos at her desk AT ALL during the day, regardless of whether you're there early or not.

If I was wanting a photo with her, I'd absolutely go with the photo shoot.

Okay. Thank you. I will probably end up doing that. Guessing there won't be much chance to talk there?

• Moderators

You'll get to smile and say hi.. pretty much that's it. There's always a lot to get through unfortunately, but it's normally done in a nice enough manner :)

But yeah, not like a full blown conversation or anything. Definitely not. To be honest, with the biggest guests you wouldn't even get that much at the auto session if there's loads to get through.

A lot of guests are going to be very busy at the event and so they really are not going to have time for a chat, particularly if they are there for only one day like Jenna. There could also be the possibility that they will do a Q&A where you could get to ask a question or others questions.

In terms of the photoshoot, these are very quick, literally seconds, you might just about say "Hello". At the autograph table, you can ask a quick question whilst Jenna is signing your item normally, but if she has a big queue you will need to be aware that people behind may get frustrated if you start asking a lot of questions. There are going to be lots of people also wanting to meet Jenna.

My advice if you want to have the opportunity to talk a little bit more is to bring something more unusual for her to sign, she will be signing Doctor Who 10x8 photos and DVD covers all day, so if someone has taken the time to perhaps do a sketch of her or a painting or brings a different photo with them that could help. You could also wait till towards the end of the day, which depending on how busy she is, she might just have a little more time, but this is not guaranteed as being there for one day I suspect she is going to be busy right through. It can work though, for example, a few years ago when I met Charisma Carpenter, she was very busy early on and was not doing posed photos, but I went to see her later in the day when the initial rush had quietened down and managed to get a posed photo with her at her autograph table.

Unless you get there early Shayson. It's free to stand in line, it only costs you your time, get there early, get in early and meet her and if there's no signs then ask her at the table with your camera ready is it ok to take a picture. The staff at these shows are fine too. They really do help you and will take the picture for you if you want. You'll see crazier things. Most people will be heading for Stan Lee, you'll see grown men and women running and fighting and shoving to get to his que lol. You've got every chance to meet her and spend more time with her simply because of that, even if that time is just a quick chat and hello and a hearty handshake lol. I always like shaking guests hands, that means they know you're a real fan. If you're not a comic book fan, Stan Lee is a blessing for you because he's gonna literally take so many people away from other parts of the Comic Con because people know with his photoshoots and his time that they've no choice but to go directly to him if they want to see him.

• Like 1

Unless you get there early Shayson. It's free to stand in line, it only costs you your time, get there early, get in early and meet her and if there's no signs then ask her at the table with your camera ready is it ok to take a picture. The staff at these shows are fine too. They really do help you and will take the picture for you if you want. You'll see crazier things. Most people will be heading for Stan Lee, you'll see grown men and women running and fighting and shoving to get to his que lol. You've got every chance to meet her and spend more time with her simply because of that, even if that time is just a quick chat and hello and a hearty handshake lol. I always like shaking guests hands, that means they know you're a real fan. If you're not a comic book fan, Stan Lee is a blessing for you because he's gonna literally take so many people away from other parts of the Comic Con because people know with his photoshoots and his time that they've no choice but to go directly to him if they want to see him.

Good point, there will be a lot of people aiming to get low virtual autograph queue tickets for Stan, so you may be able to pick up a low VQ ticket for Jenna, which means you will have the ability to judge either to go and see her straight away before potential restrictions on photos might be introduced or you can judge a time later in the day if it got a bit quieter ! My final words for all these events are don't expect too much, if you get an auto and a smile from Jenna then that can't be bad can it ?

• Moderators

I think Jenna will be VERY busy, regardless of Stan Lee being there or not really. But in the end, it's your choice as to whether you go for the auto or shoot. If you really want a photo, then there's one option that's guaranteed..

Most people will be heading for Stan Lee, you'll see grown men and women running and fighting and shoving to get to his que lol. .

Ah but not unless Too Tall has anything to do with it HA!

• Like 1

Is there any chance WHATSOEVER that if I buy a photo session, if at some point her 'autograph' queue is minimal, I could slip in just to have a quick hi and give her a present? I heard that this sometimes can happen, and thought if it clashes at all with Stan Lee it may be slightly quieter?

Edited by Shayson14

Is there any chance WHATSOEVER that if I buy a photo session, if at some point her queue is minimal, I could slip in just to have a quick hi and give her a present? I heard that this sometimes can happen, and thought if it clashes at all with Stan Lee it may be slightly quieter?

Not really. Photo sessions are over in seconds, while at an autograph queue, you could definitely slip in a quick hi and give her a present.

You've guessed my cunning plan!

• Like 1

Is there any chance WHATSOEVER that if I buy a photo session, if at some point her queue is minimal, I could slip in just to have a quick hi and give her a present? I heard that this sometimes can happen, and thought if it clashes at all with Stan Lee it may be slightly quieter?

Not really. Photo sessions are over in seconds, while at an autograph queue, you could definitely slip in a quick hi and give her a present.

Sorry I meant her autograph queue at some point in the day.

Then yes, that seems like a reasonable expectation.

I just thought maybe, if it calms down at some point, then a member of staff would let me in for a few seconds without getting an autograph.

This will ultimately depend on the queue and how busy she is, although with her expected demand I think the only way you can garauntee this is if you get a VQ ticket and give her it during an autograph