Marvel guests

• Moderators

I understand that people want certain things but when it comes to something like Marvel guests, surely it's a no-brainer for any convention organiser?

A hugely successful comic company and now one of the top performing franchises at the box office. I would be very worried if Jason is sat there thinking that no one wants to meet anyone from the Marvel movies.

All I'm saying is that just because someone hasn't been announced, you make it sound like it's because no one's trying. Not everyone wants to do conventions or is able to. If you think they're not listening to you then do feel free to try yourself, and I'll be happy to give you my money when you get Scarlett Johansson and Clark Gregg and others, believe me :D

• Like 4

Well obviously marvel have old tv shows as well as movies. There's a lot of marvel voice actors and others you could pursue. I wasn't saying your not trying I was simply stating it's who I would like and many others. I am not the one being rude here.

Why not Patrick Stewart though? Hasn't he been before

He has been before. As with many potential guests, he may well have been asked and simply been unavailable.

SM will not comment on who they have approached (even unsuccessfully) or are in negotiations with. Only when an appearance has been confirmed/signed wi we find out with an guest announcement.

Well gonna hold off buying tickets until the day now as don't like the idea of not getting a refund if we have a clash. I mean if the crew can't do anything about it as hardly seems fair.

clashes do and will happen. The shows have been running a long time and the crew are well equipped to help out where possible. I'm not aware if anyone missing out because of a clash.

I strongly suggest that people purchase in advance. The queues on the day for sales are very large. The tickets can sell out on the day and before the event.

Yeah but surely if you do miss a shoot it would make more sense to move the missed one to another day provided you have proof. I just don't like the idea of possibly losing money when it's out of our control. Also if 2 guests get put in a double shoot can we trade them for ones we got? That's another thing holding me back

Yeah but surely if you do miss a shoot it would make more sense to move the missed one to another day provided you have proof. I just don't like the idea of possibly losing money when it's out of our control. Also if 2 guests get put in a double shoot can we trade them for ones we got? That's another thing holding me back

moving to another day can only be confirmed in the day. The photo shoot sessions run to a schedule. The timings are based on how many tickets are allocated for that guest. If they sell out then there won't be any time for extras. If they don't sell out then it's possible.

Exchanging for a newly announced double shoot has been allowed in the past but not always. That's something only SM can confirm.

Wow - bit tense in here ain't it?

Just to echo what a handful of people have already said - even the notion of SM not 'trying' is ridiculous. None of us know who has been approached really until the ones that agree get announced but I'm very sure there'll be a lot of guests who outright say no for a number of reasons.

I have heard of quite a few actors that don't enjoy conventions, it's not their thing and this might be the same for a lot of guests that are being approached. In a lot of cases, these guests just do not have the time *(whether they're currently very popular or older guests who were popular quite some time a go) hence why, unfortunately, these conventions also get a few last minute cancellations - it's just one of these things.

Obviously, lets all request who we want. I want Norman Reedus here again so I can squeeze his bottom and I'd love Simon Pegg, Rupert Grint and Patrick Stewart to attend. Will I get annoyed if they don't attend? No. Why? Because there's some bloody good guests that have already been announced! HUZZAH. I mean... OPTIMUS BLOOMIN' PRIME? HELLO.

Edited by AxelV
  • Like 4

Just to echo what a handful of people have already said - even the notion of SM not 'trying' is ridiculous. None of us know who has been approached really until the ones that agree get announced but I'm very sure there'll be a lot of guests who outright say no for a number of reasons.

I have heard of quite a few actors that don't enjoy conventions, it's not their thing and this might be the same for a lot of guests that are being approached. In a lot of cases, these guests just do not have the time *(whether they're currently very popular or older guests who were popular quite some time a go) hence why, unfortunately, these conventions also get a few last minute cancellations - it's just one of these things.

Obviously, lets all request who we want. I want Norman Reedus here again so I can squeeze his bottom and I'd love Simon Pegg, Rupert Grint and Patrick Stewart to attend. Will I get annoyed if they don't attend? No. Why? Because there's some bloody good guests that have already been announced! HUZZAH. I mean... OPTIMUS BLOOMIN' PRIME? HELLO.

Yeah, I've been asking for Lauren Cohan and Hayley Atwell for over 2 years, and not gotten either, but there are so many reasons to be cheerful about this event that it's still amazing if you think about it. And I think this anticipation and build up is a big part of the fun, It's really enjoyable!

• Like 2

Yeah, I've been asking for Lauren Cohan and Hayley Atwell for over 2 years, and not gotten either, but there are so many reasons to be cheerful about this event that it's still amazing if you think about it. And I think this anticipation and build up is a big part of the fun, It's really enjoyable!

I completely agree. This is the most excited I've been before any of the cons.... we'll maybe last year was on par because I knew I'd be meeting Norman, but that aside, just the fact that it's going to be bigger is exciting. I seriously cannot wait. :-D

• Like 1