Marvel guests

Well, we do have a "minor" Marvel guest by the name of.....Stan Lee (YES!!!!) coming over, but I do have to say I'd LOVE more Marvel guests as well...We still have a few weeks, maybe SM will make some more "epic, legendary" guest announcements *Praying*

Edited by Vhiper
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Seems like it at the moment..........

Not sure how long you've been doing events, so hopefully this doesn't come across as rude or anything ;) BUT just because guests get requested, it doesn't mean they're possible.

Some guests have taken SM ten years or longer to negotiate and get them to events. It's not like popping into a guest supermarket and choosing whoever you want off a shelf. There's a multitude of things to sort out - finances, schedules, and whether an actor/actress/etc even WANTS to attend an event.

SM have been running these events for a long time. They are well aware of what's popular, but just because Marvel movie guests haven't been announced, it doesn't mean they're ignoring requests. It's just never as simple as "oh someone wants Chris Hemsworth, let's go order him online" or something,

• Like 5

You've asked for Marvel people plenty of times (read this in a non rude way as it's not meant so), so I'm sure you got the message across and I'm also quite sure that Showmasters knows these guests would be popular. Don't forget that a lot of the Marvel actors are actually quite popular, active and expensive thus also quite hard to get for conventions. Showmasters try to deliver a bit for everyone, but it's not always possible.

• Like 1

DavidB, I'm sure everyone is well aware of that, but it can't hurt to let SM know we would love those guests and thus spent money on them. Desperate cries from fans usually means they'll spent a lot, that is interesting info for SM and the guest(s) involved, hehe

For the rest, I think SM is doing an amazing job and I'm really looking forward to the LFCC, going to be my first. So far I've been to con's in the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany, but they all pale in comparison to what SM has set up for the LFCC. So amazing job guys, but would definatly LOVE you guys if it would turn out you've done a MARVELOUS job ;)

• Like 1

DavidB, I'm sure everyone is well aware of that, but it can't hurt to let SM know we would love those guests and thus spent money on them. Desperate cries from fans usually means they'll spent a lot, that is interesting info for SM and the guest(s) involved, hehe

For the rest, I think SM is doing an amazing job and I'm really looking forward to the LFCC, going to be my first. So far I've been to con's in the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany, but they all pale in comparison to what SM has set up for the LFCC. So amazing job guys, but would definatly LOVE you guys if it would turn out you've done a MARVELOUS job ;)

Spot on what I'm trying to say!!!!

"oh someone wants Chris Hemsworth, let's go order him online" or something,

If this were the case i would have to take the credit card and the internet away from my wife hehe.

But totally agree, SM do a fantastic job getting some big names in and some people who generally shy away from cons.

• Like 2

I'm surprised they wouldn't consider Marvel guests, but they could look at people who've done other things as well. For example Halle Berry, she's also been in DC comics (Catwoman) and James Bond. Bond actors are always popular so even if SM don't think Marvel actors would do well she should do well on Bond alone.

I'm surprised they wouldn't consider Marvel guests, but they could look at people who've done other things as well. For example Halle Berry, she's also been in DC comics (Catwoman) and James Bond. Bond actors are always popular so even if SM don't think Marvel actors would do well she should do well on Bond alone.

If Halle Berry does conventions, which I'm not sure of, she would be the most expensive guests ever to attend a Showmasters event so far. She'd be at least in the same price range as Sigourney Weaver, so I wouldn't count on it (at least for now).

• Like 1

• Moderators

They pretty much said we not getting any annoyingly

Not sure where you're getting that from. All that's been said is that as much as SM may be trying for them (and they know how popular they'd be so there's a reasonable chance that they are) it doesn't always work out, or it may take a long time and a lot of negotiations. For all we know they could have been in negotiations with an amazing guest for months or years, and it could still be more months (or years) until that comes to fruition. We only find out about guests once all that hard work has been done!

• Like 1