Latest Comic Guest Announcement - DAVE GIBBONS

I had the same problem - I went for Dave's signing at 4pm and was told that he had already left. I then saw the signs that were up in EC1 and they said that his signing started at 3pm (rather than 4pm as was indicated previously on the forum). I was stuck in EC2 all day in photoshoots/getting autographs so didn't see the signs until 4pm.

At that point I left EC1 pretty upset but as I was leaving I saw Dave Gibbons on the steps talking to people and just about the leave - I went up to him and he very kindly signed my copy of Watchmen as he was leaving for the day (which he didn't have to do). I was very lucky to meet him and he was a great guy.

I really hope that he can attend another event in the future as it appears that many people missed the chance to meet him.

He was there at 3. A few very small signs were up telling you where to see him and i was lucky enough to spot one. His queue was pretty short, suggesting to me that many didn't know about where he would be and at what time. He was tucked into a noisy corner for his talk too. Disrespectful if you ask me!

It was a respectable length, but limited to one per person. But as it was free there was no complaints! Still if I'd known in advance I'd not have bought three heavy items with me.

I asked a number of Blue shirts where he'd be signing with no idea, then found the signs, then had to figure out where the green room was!

Every blue shirt I asked looked at me blankly, then a more knowledgeable one referred me to the comic zone desk. The lady behind it, said that my recollection he was signing to the close of the show was incorrect, so I even left doubting myself until I checked this thread...

It was an actual joke. I didn't hear one word at the talk, no microphones and a really noisy area… I understand it's not Dave and co's fault, but it was really uncool of the organisers.

The signing wasn't at 3.00, more like 3.30… and it was poorly organised were the queue would be formed, everybody was running around in circles after the talk.

Anyways, I was fortunate enough to get my Watchmen Absolute book signed and I paid for John Higgins (who was really cool) to do a sketch inside, even Dave said "John went all out of this didn't he…". I tried my luck to get a sketch from Dave but he wasn't sketching at all, but still cool to have finally gotten him to sign my book.

• Like 1

I stumbled across the Dave Gibbons talk by chance. Even standing quite close it was impossible to hear as he was tucked away just around the corner from the super stage.

So I gave up and went for a sit down. :mellow:

I stumbled across the Dave Gibbons talk by chance. Even standing quite close it was impossible to hear as he was tucked away just around the corner from the super stage.

So I gave up and went for a sit down. :mellow:

We stumbled up it by chance as well, but it was effectively in an open area, all be it slightly tucked away, would have loved to have heard more but had to head back for a photoshoot in the other hall.

plentry of signs about in ec1 it was clear, but the online info was outdated, as for John Higgins i couldnt find him :no: at the desk they didnt know, information isnt updated online enough. use twitter. use facebook to provide this!

Edited by GamerGraph

plentry of signs about in ec1 it was clear, but the online info was outdated, as for John Higgins i couldnt find him :no: at the desk they didnt know, information isnt updated online enough. use twitter. use facebook to provide this!

May I ask what your definition of plenty is?

Where was he signing? I got to EC1 at 14:45 and was told about stan so walked about a bit then went to the 'freebie' talk. At no point did I see any signs for Dave's location... After the freebie talk I went looking for his area so I could queue to get my copy signed but for 45 mins couldn't find anything. When I sent to the organiser's booth they confirmed he had gone. Really dissapointed in this lack of communication - we need to be kept abreast of changes to people's schedules.