Latest Comic Guest Announcement - DAVE GIBBONS

• Showmasters Admin

Latest Guest Announcement - Dave Gibbons

Attending: Sunday Afternoon

Artist – Watchmen; The Originals; Give Me Liberty; 2000 AD
The famed Watchmen co-creator has graciously agreed to participate in a one-hour panel on the origins of British comics fandom. This is scheduled for 2:00pm and will be followed by a one-hour interview with the legendary British writer/artist. After that career-spanning talk concludes he will be available for signing until the show closes.
gibbons-watchmen.jpg
  • Like 2

So, as a comic book guest

A ) Will he be signing for free

B ) Will you have to attend the talk to get his autograph or

C ) Virtual tickets issued in the morning?

Autographs from Comic Zone guests are generally free, though the prices for artwork/sketches, etc. are at the guest's discretion (though Dave Gibbons will only be signing for this event). You do no have to attend the talk to get his autograph, though please keep in mind that he will have until the end of the event for signings after the panel and interview. All Comic Zone Panels are free (except for Stan Lee), and seats are taken on a first come, first served basis, so there are no virtual tickets. :smile:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So now we know Stan Lee talk is at 4pm, would the comic gold pass holders be able to make it from one to the other without loosing there place? It doesn't look like it.

Also what time does the show close on Sunday? I would hope to leave Stan Lee talk and walk over to DAVE GIBBONS and join the queue and get to say hello and get my book signed ? :thumbup:

So now we know Stan Lee talk is at 4pm, would the comic gold pass holders be able to make it from one to the other without loosing there place? It doesn't look like it.

Also what time does the show close on Sunday? I would hope to leave Stan Lee talk and walk over to DAVE GIBBONS and join the queue and get to say hello and get my book signed ? :thumbup:

Open til 6pm on Sunday.

I also have a Comic Gold Pass and would love Dave Gibbons to sign my WATCHMEN hardcover and WATCHING THE WATCHMEN hardcover.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Guest Announcement - Dave Gibbons

Attending: Sunday Afternoon

Artist Watchmen; The Originals; Give Me Liberty; 2000 AD

The famed Watchmen co-creator has graciously agreed to participate in a one-hour panel on the origins of British comics fandom. This is scheduled for 2:00pm and will be followed by a one-hour interview with the legendary British writer/artist. After that career-spanning talk concludes he will be available for signing until the show closes.

gibbons-watchmen.jpg

Did anyone meet Dave Gibbons, I went over to E2 at 4pm for a signing, to catch him after the hour long interview but was told he had gone! So much for "signing until the show closes"!

He was there at 3. A few very small signs were up telling you where to see him and i was lucky enough to spot one. His queue was pretty short, suggesting to me that many didn't know about where he would be and at what time. He was tucked into a noisy corner for his talk too. Disrespectful if you ask me!

Shocking treatment!

I was really looking forward to meeting Dave, aside from Stan the only other guest I wanted to meet. I did see a small white sign on a pillar with "gibbo's" or some such written on it as I was leaving. Decided to cut my losses then and make the 4 hour trek home...