What I really miss...

Has anybody said anything there won't be free talks and I missed it? :lol:

For the last couple of shows free talks were usually only announced when the schedule came out. That's still a while to go. The paid for ones usually get announced when they're scheduled to ensure attendees can order as early as possible and the tickets get there on time. Free talks have ticket pick up at the show only anyway, so they can be announced at way shorter notice.

• Like 1

Last year I missed any free ones as they all happened at the early stages of the event opening well before the average attendee could get there. If the show was fair they would be spread out more for the whole day for everyone to enjoy.

i think what the original poster was referring to was that up until a few years ago all talks bar maybe 2 were free. And yeah, i miss that too.

The first talk i remember that actually costed money was Karen Gillans three years ago. Im not 100% sure, but that was when I first saw that talks costed money. But what I recall is that there werent many talks at all earlier. Now there are tons.

• Like 1

What I miss is the event being at the MK shopping centre (totally unsuitable for the events now) but getting there early meant having a nice coffee at the costa and then there might have been some sneaky queue jumping as the costa had a seating area in the shopping centre itself, so when you see the queues let in have another swig of coffee and casually walk to get VQ tickets whilst everyone is running down the corridor.

No, there were a lot of talks all throughout the day. They used to all be free, then a couple of the "bigger named" guests would be paid for then a few years ago all talks on the main stage were paid for.

i think what the original poster was referring to was that up until a few years ago all talks bar maybe 2 were free. And yeah, i miss that too.

The first talk i remember that actually costed money was Karen Gillans three years ago. Im not 100% sure, but that was when I first saw that talks costed money. But what I recall is that there werent many talks at all earlier. Now there are tons.