Those with early bird entry tickets...

Our hotel's property backs on to the EC property. A few years back my husband started queuing at 4 AM cause he couldn't sleep and it was close anyway. Biggest problem there is you're absolutely shot for the rest of the day... No idea what we'll do this year. Depends on the Friday, of we get Stan Lee then, we won't need t do outrageous times the other days.

The year Elijah Wood did LFCC my friends and I camped out, but the gates to the grounds were closed til about 5am I seem to recall, you couldn't actually start queuing til after then so we sat on the street at the gate in front of the hall.

Agreed. Historically, from what I recall I have never queued before 7.30 and have always been within the first 100. Probably less.

You must have a goldpass then right? :)
No, Early Bird entry for the last several years, with one or two bought on the day.

Agreed. Historically, from what I recall I have never queued before 7.30 and have always been within the first 100. Probably less.

You must have a goldpass then right? :)
No, Early Bird entry for the last several years, with one or two bought on the day.

Oh :)

Reliant on (shoddy) public transport so unlikely to get there much before 9am on Sunday. That's getting the first train out of town that morning. I'd hotel on Saturday night but that would mean a lot less autograph money.

Thankfully not particularly fussed about meeting Stan Lee (I know, bad fangirl) so hoping that I'll be able to get through my guests of choice fairly easily.

All the past shows I've done I've rocked up around the same time and not missed out on anyone I've really wanted to see.

• Showmasters Admin

Have a gold pass this year, but normally do a pay on the day early bird as its usually the shorter q.

But used to aim to get to the venues for about 7:30 at the latest, means lots of standing around but even then you possibly wont be the first person there. but you will be able to see the doors.

i have read this and i have to say this is just not true i have let the door into the show for the past 10 years on all the days and i can say even though the line for the pre paid ticket holders is longer when the doors open the speed of just taking a ticket of someone is much faster than getting in line and it moves slowly along as 6 people take money and give people the tickets so they can then enter the show .

you only have to think about it a bit to work that one out.

one other thing for the last two years there has been a pay on the day door line till around 4pm

this line dose move in a decent manner it takes around 45 minuets to get from the Earls Court entrance on the far side to the ticket sales office.

one last point we want to make people aware of we think that most photo ops will be 70% sold out by the day and some of them will sell out totally so if you really care about having a photo ops with someone then it is best to buy in advance.

i hope this is of help to everyone and gives everyone the info you may need.

see you all at the show

jason

Have a gold pass this year, but normally do a pay on the day early bird as its usually the shorter q.

But used to aim to get to the venues for about 7:30 at the latest, means lots of standing around but even then you possibly wont be the first person there. but you will be able to see the doors.

i have read this and i have to say this is just not true i have let the door into the show for the past 10 years on all the days and i can say even though the line for the pre paid ticket holders is longer when the doors open the speed of just taking a ticket of someone is much faster than getting in line and it moves slowly along as 6 people take money and give people the tickets so they can then enter the show .

one other thing for the last two years there has been a pay on the day door line till around 4pm

this line dose move in a decent manner it takes around 45 minuets to get from the Earls Court entrance on the far side to the ticket sales office.

one last point we want to make people aware of we think that most photo ops will be 70% sold out by the day and some of them will sell out totally so if you really care about having a photo ops with someone then it is best to buy in advance.

see you all at the show

jason

Hey Jason,

Will there be a seperate Queue for people wanton to meet Stan Lee? Obviously a lot of people are going to see him? for someone who is not meeting Stan Lee but other guests I was just wondering :)

Can you sell the special programmes up the prepaid queue outside when we are queuing, rather than having to buy them on entry as most people will be there at 7am, save time etc...rushing?

also, with the queues outside it is a shame that SM cant have overall control of the outside EC Staff - Just need to make the EC staff wear billboards this way for prepaid etc... have loudspeakers this way etc... overall they are good but have been to an event where the staff outside have messed up the queues lack of communication etc...due to the shear volume of people suddenly descending on the venue... which I think this year which is going to be gigantic may happen again. anyhow - "and they have a plan"

Can you sell the special programmes up the prepaid queue outside when we are queuing, rather than having to buy them on entry as most people will be there at 7am, save time etc...rushing?

also, with the queues outside it is a shame that SM cant have overall control of the outside EC Staff - Just need to make the EC staff wear billboards this way for prepaid etc... have loudspeakers this way etc... overall they are good but have been to an event where the staff outside have messed up the queues lack of communication etc...due to the shear volume of people suddenly descending on the venue... which I think this year which is going to be gigantic may happen again. anyhow - "and they have a plan"

I don't think most people will be there at 7am :) only a smaller number probably in comparison to the queue size by 8.30am probably

see you all at the show

jason

Sorry i should clarify, at 7/7:30 its the shorter queue. :)

Those of you who also purchase the early bird entry, what times do you normally try to get there for to start lining up???

The important question is really: what do you plan to do?

This

Personally from Experiance if your meeting the non major guests 9am still gets you their autographs although I'm not sure about this year obviously. If your meeting Stan Lee just for an example you will want to be there earlier :)

• Like 1

Those of you who also purchase the early bird entry, what times do you normally try to get there for to start lining up???

The important question is really: what do you plan to do?

This

Personally from Experiance if your meeting the non major guests 9am still gets you their autographs although I'm not sure about this year obviously. If your meeting Stan Lee just for an example you will want to be there earlier :)

Also there's a huge difference if you want to just get autographs, if you want photoshoots or if you want to go to some of the talks.

With queuing a talk will easily set you back 45 minutes a piece. Photoshoots can get very busy and you have to schedule that in too.

Autographs are actually not that hard. Just make sure you get your VQ tickets when you get in and don't join a queue before you get them all. Also, never join a queue when the guest is not there yet. You can make better use of your time than standing in a queue that is going nowhere. Apart from Stan Lee and possibly Ian McDiarmid I wouldn't expect major problems with the autograph guests if you don't get in after 10.00 and can stay until the end.

Edited by robertderidder
  • Like 1

Doesn't really matter what time you get there as no doubt a large limo or bus will pull up and thee person right in front of me will allow everyone who just pulled up at ten to nine to stand with them and make the line of people even bigger. I swear if i had a quid for everytime that has happened to me

• Like 1