Concerned I won't get Stan Lee's autograph

Ill be attending on the Sunday only for Stan Lee, but I'm getting increasingly anxious that I won't get a chance to meet him, especially now a further photo shoot has been announced.

So that's now 3 photoshoots, an audience with talk and no doubt some time for him to do private signings etc I don't have a gold or silver pass either.

What are other peoples thoughts on this? Anything SM can say to reassure me?

Think this is the case with a lot of people :( I like you don't have a gold pass, but what was suggested is get the early entry pass which gives you an extra 2 hours inside the event, which gives a better chance that you'll see him than someone coming in at 11

yeah im worried too. i already have my photoshoot ticket for the sunday but i would like an autograph too. i always get the early bird tickets anyway, so at least thats a 2hr headstart. once inside its best to just go grab a VT for him straight away

Edited by teabelly83
  • Like 1

Maybe Friday is the way to go

Early entry may get me in for 9am, but the gold pass holders would get priority entry for VQ tickets. So even then I could end up with a high VQ number, which wouldn't ordinarily concern me save the number of times he will need to leave the signings for the various things mentioned in my first post...

Early entry may get me in for 9am, but the gold pass holders would get priority entry for VQ tickets. So even then I could end up with a high VQ number, which wouldn't ordinarily concern me save the number of times he will need to leave the signings for the various things mentioned in my first post...

I wouldn't bet on Friday. It's only a 3 hour preview night and Stan is already doing like 800 photos which will take at least 2 hrs of that time. Then and then what little time he has to sign it'll more than likely be going through the priority queue. In my opinion, your best bet would be Sunday. I imagine most of the prority passes and regular golds will have been through by then and it's generally a quieter day than the Saturday. But by all means try on the Saturday too!

Just make sure you get to the venue as early as you possibly can and go straight to get a VQ.

Yes. This is a growing concern of mine too.

Ultimately this is an autograph show.

If you've purchased an 'early bird' ticket & you're not given the opportunity to secure an autograph, then something's wrong, and needs to be addressed.

Hope I'm proven wrong, but I fear this may prove a problem on the day.

Yeah indeed, adding an extra photoshoot has made it so much harder for people who want his signature and alot will be disapointed if there are people who leave without one...hopefully not me but we will see.

Yes. This is a growing concern of mine too.

Ultimately this is an autograph show.

If you've purchased an 'early bird' ticket & you're not given the opportunity to secure an autograph, then something's wrong, and needs to be addressed.

Hope I'm proven wrong, but I fear this may prove a problem on the day.

yeah, i agree about friday, im going to go the friday too but i doubt getting an autograph from him then would happen, like you say its only 3 hours fri so most of it will be like you said...photoshoot then any time left for signing.

sunday may be a posibility, sundays are always the quieter of the days and evenn with stan here, i kind of agree that alot of the gold passes etc may have already been through so there MIGHT be a better chance meeting him sunday?

I wouldn't bet on Friday. It's only a 3 hour preview night and Stan is already doing like 800 photos which will take at least 2 hrs of that time. Then and then what little time he has to sign it'll more than likely be going through the priority queue. In my opinion, your best bet would be Sunday. I imagine most of the prority passes and regular golds will have been through by then and it's generally a quieter day than the Saturday. But by all means try on the Saturday too!

Just make sure you get to the venue as early as you possibly can and go straight to get a VQ.

I would assume almost everyone is going to aim to meet him on the Friday. Get him out the way so to speak. Gold/Silver passes will get priority on Friday too, so if I wasn't one of those I'd steer clear.

Gold pass holders aren't given virtual tickets. Their pass acts as a virtual ticket.

Unfortunately buying any type of ticket will never guarantee you an autograph from anyone.

yeah good point, i bet there will be ALOT going the friday to try get him done and dusted..makes sense if you can achieve it and are lucky enough.

I would assume almost everyone is going to aim to meet him on the Friday. Get him out the way so to speak. Gold/Silver passes will get priority on Friday too, so if I wasn't one of those I'd steer clear.

Nobody would be expected to do 800 photoshoots in one go - especially not an old man. I would imagine that 400 maximum per session which would take about 40 mins. I believe Stan signs quite quickly (again I would imagine no personalisations or quotes) so don't worry yet. We've had guests do 1 day with 2 photoshoots and still sign nearly1000 autographs. Don't panic but get there early!!

Good advice thanks guys

I think my anxiety is heightened probably just due to the fact that I'm only attending for Stan Lee, so it's not like I can have other guests as a sort of consolation prize if I miss out on Stan!

Hopefully you're right and Stan can zoom through his autos, so everyone leaves happy!

will there be a better way of handing out virtual tickets for him rather than have them at the back and then there is a massive rush of people running around to get him, pushing and shoving.

Perhaps they could set up a stan lee virtual ticket booth near the front so you can get there as soon as you get in and form a queue

will there be a better way of handing out virtual tickets for him rather than have them at the back and then there is a massive rush of people running around to get him, pushing and shoving.

Perhaps they could set up a stan lee virtual ticket booth near the front so you can get there as soon as you get in and form a queue

I think having a ticket booth away from where he is signing would cause a lot of confusion.

Showmasters are very used to dealing with big guests and will already have a plan in place for virtual queue tickets and everything else.

I too am worried about getting Stan's auto - but SM aren't fools they already know how busy he'll be and as 'Too Tall' has said, he will have his won dedicated team to make sure everything runs smoothly

Probably having a 6' 10'' Head of Crewing enforcing the no pushing or running rule is a good a way to go as any!

No pushing, running or heavy petting...oh wait that's rules for swimming pool. ;)

Although heavy petting is seriously discouraged at signing events as well :laugh:

• Like 2

Yea I too am a bit concerned Stan is one of the main reasons I'll be attending the event like a lot of other people. I'd hate to miss out.

I haven't bought entry tickets yet as I'm debating on the day Friday was looking likely but that may change to Sunday now with this At least I'll then have more time to get Stans autograph I'm prepared to wait too, get other autographs whilst I wait and probably plan things to do

Maybe just to be safe I'll get my first SM pre order and just order his autograph at least I'll know its genuine and its better than going back home with nothing

I am concerned to, but I have total faith that sm and stan will do all they can to get everyone through. I am hoping that the vt tickets are given out at entrance so there is no mad dash to get one and with two halls this year people queuing in the wrong place might be an issue. If sm could make an announcement about the distibution of stans vt tickets it would put everyone's mind at rest.