More Stan Lee photo ops available

Completely agree with the last post. I panicked at the length of the LFCC early bird queue last year, it's an amazing site to see though, but it moves so quickly you are always gently strolling along and chatting. Altrnatively just arrive slightly after the early bird start time and you'll pretty much go straight in. Really don't worry on this one

That's what I've always done. Got in real easy

Are these extra tickets guaranteed to be an afternoon photoshoot time?

I wouldn't call it guaranteed - but it is extremely likely that the shot for the new tickets will be in the afternoon, yes.

Just thinking of train times, as long as it's not morning I think I'll be good :) Edited by CollectingMadMan

I'm looking to order my Stan Lee Photo Op for the Saturday now. I have a train ticket which leaves London at 18:23 which means I may have to leave the venue at around 4:30pm, Would the photoshoot times be earlier in the day or very late like the last Hour of the day? If I show my train tickets to crewwould they be able to help me? If I buy the tickets I wanna make sure I won't miss the shoot.

Do you have a gold pass? I would think that with buying the ticket now and it being run by the elite team, it'll be run by the numebrs. This means that if you don't have a gold/silver pass then with buying it right at the end you're photoshoot will probably (but don't hold me to it,) be at the last of his batch.

why not to sell the stan lee photoshoot tickets to the convention?

there were already very often cases, especially on other conventions, where suddenly canceled hospitable and you ran after the money. many come with the train, or from abroad by plane. what's wrong with them? it should normally apply as always, first come, first served. that would be the fairest. ye shall possess already enough money, because you do not have cash money in advance.

That's just not feasible anymore with the size of the event, selling at the location only. The lines are very large already. This would create chaos. Any remaining tickets are of course available at the show.

Refunds are now done automatically since the shop is running on WorldPay and are going pretty fast now. We really have no say how other shows handle this.

I'm honestly not sure what you mean with your last sentence about not having cash money. It doesn't make sense to me. If you mean SM have enough money and don't need the presales because they don't need money in advance... well there are advance costs like flights for the guest, the venue wants their rent money too etc. Those are pretty significant.

How long are refunds taking...Sean Maher cancelled last Tuesday and not had a refund through yet? Also, collectormania.com server is not receiving emails...it's down apparently...and has been for days so can't get in touch with the shop directly! Argh!

How long are refunds taking...Sean Maher cancelled last Tuesday and not had a refund through yet? Also, collectormania.com server is not receiving emails...it's down apparently...and has been for days so can't get in touch with the shop directly! Argh!

As I said in another topic, Sean's orders were partly done on the old system and this part of the orders still has to be done manually.

I've also replied to you about your email problem in the separate topic you made.

I am sure this has been said a million times already ... but I am also concerned about not getting his autograph ( along with 7 friends I will be attending with )

We only have normal early bird tickets but with all these photo shoots & premium ticket holders getting to see him first how many hours per day do you estimate is left for those of us who haven't paid a fortune to stand in line and wait for his autograph ? I get the impression maybe about 1 hour per day for normal VQ people ....

I know you're running a business at the end of the day but this all seems a little geared toward a money making exercise rather than spreading out time across the board so everyone gets a fair shot at meeting him :-(

Nearer the time and before the weekend starts I hope to see a map layout so we know where to go to see him / get a VQ / stand and wait in line ( as you know I am sure queues will be massive )

worried / concerned / etc but hopeful all the information is published in advance to help us all know where we are supposed to queue / what doors will be open / how we get between halls / where in the halls all the guests are ... I really don't want to turn up on the day and have to run around like a lunatic trying to find out all this

Thanks

• Like 1

SM had posted elsewhere that the extra shoots are scheduled for times that were meant to be break times. So no signing time is lost there. Also don't forget the special rules for the Gold tickets. Not all Gold tickets get access to the Stan Lee queue in the first place, and those that get it can go through only once. This will spread out over three days too.

Hi Queen :-) yeah I know but how many tickets have been sold that will have priority over " normal " VQ ? We have to wait essentially until all of them have gone in before we even get a shot at queuing up or going in to meet him isn't it ?

So I am just thinking on Saturday we might not even be allowed to queue until 11am / Midday ... and then he will be off for lunch or photo shoots so with the thousands of people who will be wanting to queue and get normal VQ I am just really worried it's going to be chaos

It's not like he is the only guest I want to see btw ( there are about 20 ) and talks & comic artists & browse the stalls ... and im sure im not alone ( the friends I am coming with are also concerned )

Thanks

• Moderators

You're not really waiting for all of them to go in before you do. Not all of them will go in at the same time, as they can go in anytime so they don't really need to all be there first thing.

What David said. ;) You don't know, Gold Ticket 1 could show up 10 minutes before close Sunday because the owner has been busy with talks and photos all weekend. If we waited for all special tickets to go first it's highly possible no general VQ ticket holder would get anything signed. ;)

This two queue system has already been tested in a way with Jeri Ryan when autographs were presold as an exception. It worked quite well there.

Hi everyone, was hoping someone could help me, I've never been to a film and comic con before and I've bought the third photo shoot for Stan Lee on the Sunday and was wondering if I'd have chance to get any personal belongings signed while meeting him? Thanks for your help

Hi everyone, was hoping someone could help me, I've never been to a film and comic con before and I've bought the third photo shoot for Stan Lee on the Sunday and was wondering if I'd have chance to get any personal belongings signed while meeting him? Thanks for your help

Not during the photo shoot, they are just walk up, take picture, move on. If you've got early bird or standard entry tickets you'll need to get a VQ ticket at his signing area, queue up and pay for autographs separately from the photos. Have a read of the first post in the FAQ thread, it explains everything.

Edited by Wrong Name
  • Like 1

No. Photoshoots are for photos only and you can't take anything into the photo area with you. And they're very quick; step in, smile, click, step out. All over in less than 20 seconds roughly. All bags etc are left at the entrance to the photo area and collected as you leave the area.

To get anything signed you'll have to collect a VT from his signing area and wait for your number to be called and then pay for however many autographs you want then.

Edited by Rockstar6662
  • Like 1

Not during the photo shoot, they are just walk up, take picture, move on. If you've got early bird or standard entry tickets you'll need to get a VQ ticket at his signing area, queue up and pay for autographs separately from the photos. Have a read of the first post in the FAQ thread, it explains everything.

Not correct, I'm affriad I've only had the one photoshoot so far but from the only experience I've had you can't take bags in but you can take an item in not to be signed or anything but meerly as a prop. No bags, no coats I believe those you leave by a table near the printing machine

It depends what you are planning on doing, I think it will be a good idea to check other stan lee photo shoots from other locations. I've seen people holding comics that stan lee have signed and other things too. Hopefuly showmasters will prevent bags as usual but will allow themed items into the photo area as they did last year.