More Stan Lee photo ops available

Lets not fool ourselves here ok, the people on this forum are the kind that will be there at 5am. The people on this forum are professionals, they will sleep for days prior to this event just so they can get there and be wide awake but here is the good part, they are the kind that buy everything. They buy all the photoshoots and early bird entrys, they provide a lot of money for these shows. They also panic buy although I do believe if Stan Lee was 30 years younger things would be a little different.

Absolutely tickets should be available on the day, on the door for regular people who don't know about forums, who don't plan the shows 3 years in advance lol. There are many people out there who no offence, have a lot of things going on in their life and this is just a day out for them where as for many of you, this event has been playing on your mind every single day for 12 months. It's obsessive which is fine. We all have our quirks in life but things like this is unfair for those that are just there for a day out.

It's kind of like turning up to a party that you've not been invited to. It's not gonna be nice for many people. This year will be interesting.

• Like 1

• Moderators

In this day and age I don't see why anything should be 'held back' for purchase at the event. It's not like the Internet is some new thing which not many people know about.

There's no way of being completely fair to everyone at an event like this because it's a luxury. Not everyone can get what they want. That's just how it works.

If people don't plan ahead then that's down to them. All the information is available as much as possible. You can't just turn up to an event without knowing anything about it and expect to get whatever you want.

• Like 5

I dont mind having all sellable before event. But I really want a warning when shoots are running low. Cause i dont like having to spend loads on postage (£7 each time) cause i just dont dare to w8. Was Lucky to get first batch of Stan Lee someone posted that sat and sun was out of stock. I Thank that person.

• Like 1

I dont mind having all sellable before event. But I really want a warning when shoots are running low. Cause i dont like having to spend loads on postage (£7 each time) cause i just dont dare to w8. Was Lucky to get first batch of Stan Lee someone posted that sat and sun was out of stock. I Thank that person.

I'm guessing eventually E-tickets might be possible? If there's an option these days I choose e-tickets just because I don't have to rely on postal service and it saves me on postage.

From an event organisers point of view; it's always better to get money upfront.

Suppliers, guests etc. may require some form of payment up-front. The venue definitely will.

The more that is left to sell at the event...the more of a financial risk it is for all involved and as a result the show would probably be a lot less fun and it would be harder to attract good guests etc.

I'm sure guests will also consider pre-sales when deciding if an event is worth their time.

Edited by benweblight
  • Like 1

Lets not fool ourselves here ok, the people on this forum are the kind that will be there at 5am. The people on this forum are professionals, they will sleep for days prior to this event just so they can get there and be wide awake but here is the good part, they are the kind that buy everything. They buy all the photoshoots and early bird entrys, they provide a lot of money for these shows. They also panic buy although I do believe if Stan Lee was 30 years younger things would be a little different.

Absolutely tickets should be available on the day, on the door for regular people who don't know about forums, who don't plan the shows 3 years in advance lol. There are many people out there who no offence, have a lot of things going on in their life and this is just a day out for them where as for many of you, this event has been playing on your mind every single day for 12 months. It's obsessive which is fine. We all have our quirks in life but things like this is unfair for those that are just there for a day out.

It's kind of like turning up to a party that you've not been invited to. It's not gonna be nice for many people. This year will be interesting.

Thats completely untrue, the people on the forum are regular people, early bird or not who use this forum to ask questions and chat to other con goers, i doubt very few people will be there at 5am, i certainly wont, i intend to arrive for 7.30am with my friend(normally 8.30am) as this year my friend is leaving early on holiday so we want to try and be in early to get everything done. I don't think forumers spend 12 months planning, or be obsessive not to mention the people who "don't know about forums" could just look on the LFCC website where it states forums lol , and frankly your comments do come across as no offence arrogant and quite rude and judgemental.

Edited by mflowers
  • Like 8

I don't think there's anything wrong with having most things sold online. If someone is 'just turning up for the day' then that's on them. These events are generally made for 'fans'. Fans who know how these events work. Know to check some sort of social media associated with the event for updates or... the website... this is 2014 after all. They don't need to join the forum at all - I find the forum is used mostly for people to talk about the event amongst themselves.

However, I do agree that people should be made aware if tickets are running low.

Edited by AxelV
  • Like 1

It's the same for all kinds of events. If a popular concert or football match tickets go on sale, they sell out online fast. They don't keep any tickets back for the day, why should this be any different?

Theatres have probably had on the day queues for returns for sold out performances for decades. With no official resell policy tickets can go unused whilst other people are begging for them

In this day and age I don't see why anything should be 'held back' for purchase at the event.

I think the BBC did at their event in November. And exclusive merchandise can be held back.

Lets not fool ourselves here ok, the people on this forum are the kind that will be there at 5am.

Thats the problem though, even if they kept 100 tickets back, it would be the 5am/pre 9am crowd that would get them, not the regular punters. First come, first serve. It would just encourage people to queue earlier.

Thats completely untrue, the people on the forum are regular people, early bird or not who use this forum to ask questions and chat to other con goers, i doubt very few people will be there at 5am, i certainly wont, i intend to arrive for 7.30am with my friend(normally 8.30am) as this year my friend is leaving early on holiday so we want to try and be in early to get everything done.

I've done a 5am, before the gate opens queue before. To be honest its that or staying back in hotel wondering what the queue is like. You sort of need to do it once to find out you don't need to do it

• Like 1

Completely agree with the last post. I panicked at the length of the LFCC early bird queue last year, it's an amazing site to see though, but it moves so quickly you are always gently strolling along and chatting. Altrnatively just arrive slightly after the early bird start time and you'll pretty much go straight in. Really don't worry on this one

• Like 2

But plan your day and your time well as best you can. There's always helpful staff to guide and WILL assist you though if you need it. I have never experienced anything but professionalism at a Showmasters event and follow the great advice they give on here too!!

• Moderators

No one has to join the forum to read the info anyway. So there's here, the website, Facebook, Twitter etc. I can't imagine going anywhere without planning first or exploring the options or whatever.

• Like 3

In this day and age I don't see why anything should be 'held back' for purchase at the event.

I think the BBC did at their event in November. And exclusive merchandise can be held back.

I remember when booking tickets for that it kept trying to make me buy a t-shirt in advance. lol!

I don't wear t-shirts they make me look 2 sizes bigger than I am. That event also taught me getting there before doors open is a waste of time. Its better to join moving queue than stand in stationary one for ages.

Wow your posts and views just get funnier and funnier, talk about stereotyping, first everyone who wants an auto in blue is a dealer and now this, you really do live in an unusual world, with these kind of views the party you mention probably wouldn't want to send you an invite :no:

Edited by ericsdonor
  • Like 2

Wow your posts and views just get funnier and funnier, talk about stereotyping, first everyone who wants an auto in blue is a dealer and now this, you really do live in an unusual world, with these kind of views the party you mention probably wouldn't want to send you an invite :no:

Yeah talk about stereotypes! I've only been doing this a year last LFCC was my first ever con and this year will be my second, yes it's played on my mind since I left EC2 last year because I wanted to be more prepared, this time last year I'd only just read about Dave Prowse's appearances on his website which lead me here,think you're being unfair thewizard, just because you don't share the views of some others doesn't mean you can slander them. :no: Edited by Gmorris2504
  • Like 2

Ha ha these people do make me giggle who think they know all about other people I've been going to cons for over 12 years now and have done at least 25 weekend cons and loads of signing events yet I've never queued overnight for anything or camped out either and I've still managed to get every photo and autograph I've wanted so where this Wizard gets his opinions from I have no idea in fact if you dislike us forum people so much why are you even on here!!?!

• Like 3

I've a few photo shoots booked, and we all definitely want to make a whole day out of it, plus we're going to the GoT Screening in the evening :)

Well if you arent intrested in a certain person or persons autographs, then you really dont have to be there that early. But you have some photoshoots as you say. So I would suggest getting there about 8.00 - 8.30 perhaps, just to be on the safe side if you have an early photoshoot. If you dont have an early photoshoot. Then 9.00 would probably be just fine. Anyone else like to comment? :)

I've a few photo shoots booked, and we all definitely want to make a whole day out of it, plus we're going to the GoT Screening in the evening :)

Well if you arent intrested in a certain person or persons autographs, then you really dont have to be there that early. But you have some photoshoots as you say. So I would suggest getting there about 8.00 - 8.30 perhaps, just to be on the safe side if you have an early photoshoot. If you dont have an early photoshoot. Then 9.00 would probably be just fine. Anyone else like to comment? :)

I had 8:30 in my mind, so I was kind of on the right lines :) thanks a lot!

I don't think there's anything wrong with having most things sold online. If someone is 'just turning up for the day' then that's on them. These events are generally made for 'fans'. Fans who know how these events work. Know to check some sort of social media associated with the event for updates or... the website... this is 2014 after all. They don't need to join the forum at all - I find the forum is used mostly for people to talk about the event amongst themselves.

However, I do agree that people should be made aware if tickets are running low.

I completely agree

• Like 1