More Stan Lee photo ops available

Totally agree. I think there should be an autograph pre sale. At least it will give people a chance to definitely get an autograph on the day. Just my opinion

• Moderators

Yer perhaps with all the concerns about this Showmasters perhaps need to give us a little reassurance about the autograph situation. I have to admit, that as somebody who has attended many cons I'm also a little worried about this, particularly as for many the main draw of attending in the first place would be to secure a Stan sig.

Have to agree on this. I am travelling from overseas especially to get Stan's autograph. I am only at the con for the Sunday and do not fancy standing in line for an auto ALL day. Of course I'll wait as long as it takes, but if it takes up most of my LFCC day, I will not be very happy. SM, as mentioned by others is there any chance of a one off reservation auto ticket, or something like that?

You will not be queuing all day even if you get his auto late in the day, due to the VQ system. (See FAQ if you are unsure on how this works.)

It has been mentioned previously that Stan is apparently a pretty fast signer, so even with the breaks for photos/lunch etc he could still potentially sign for a lot of people.

• Like 1

IF I wasn't worried (about being just an Early Bird holder and not having a gold pass etc etc) and getting Stan Lees Autograph before, I am worried now.

I feel with you. I have a gold pass, so Im not worried. But there is two sides to this, more photoshoots means less autographs and that gives the earlybirds less chance on seeing him. But on the other hand this lets more people get a photoshoot with him. :) Which will be a good memory for many. You have booked yours I presume? :)

I certainly do have a photoshoot but it would have been nice to have an Autograph from him but alas I don't see this happening now.

Get a good audiobook and an easy carriable chair, go to bed REALLY early on friday. Get queuing 4-5am then sit there enjoy your book. 5 hours later mission most likely accomplished :)

I have a thermos, (flask), and can tolerate the cold. Even at my old age. :) Hmmm an audiobook but which one :)

Perhaps the price increase will make the extra photos too unaffordable for many people? If that's the case, maybe the recent concern about Stan having less time to sign is unwarranted?

Can SM confirm how many extra photo tickets have been released?

Might be an idea to stick him in EC1 then everyone who wants to meet him can queue out there in the morning and everyone else who isn't coming for Stan can queue outside EC2 as normal.

I like this idea. A separate queue for those whose first thought upon entering is to get a Stan Lee VQ ticket. To stop people running and scrambling to find the right place, the queue is given the vq ticket as soon as they are allowed in the door.

Also, as I'm not after Stan's auto, it would make my early bird queue a lot shorter!

It would have to be very well signposted though. A use of barriers to funnel people into the right direction would be useful.

• Like 2

"I like this idea. A separate queue for those whose first thought upon entering is to get a Stan Lee VQ ticket. To stop people running and scrambling to find the right place, the queue is given the vq ticket as soon as they are allowed in the door."

Sounds like a plan!

• Like 1

Might be an idea to stick him in EC1 then everyone who wants to meet him can queue out there in the morning and everyone else who isn't coming for Stan can queue outside EC2 as normal.

I like this idea. A separate queue for those whose first thought upon entering is to get a Stan Lee VQ ticket. To stop people running and scrambling to find the right place, the queue is given the vq ticket as soon as they are allowed in the door.

Also, as I'm not after Stan's auto, it would make my early bird queue a lot shorter!

It would have to be very well signposted though. A use of barriers to funnel people into the right direction would be useful.

Definitley, would cause less stress for people too! I personally am not going for Stan Lee, and one thing stressing me out is that if I miss anything with an early bird because there's a hoard of people infront of me for Stan.

• Like 1

Definitley, would cause less stress for people too! I personally am not going for Stan Lee, and one thing stressing me out is that if I miss anything with an early bird because there's a hoard of people infront of me for Stan.

That's exactly what I'm thinking, I'm sure SM have thought about all of this though and we're all worrying over nothing.

• Like 1

What would be nice is if you can pay for your autograph at the back of the VT queue leave your name and phone number and your item(s) with a runner or something then once stan has singed you get a text or a phone call and then you go to collect it, far fetched but worth a shot

• Like 1

• Moderators

What would be nice is if you can pay for your autograph at the back of the VT queue leave your name and phone number and your item(s) with a runner or something then once stan has singed you get a text or a phone call and then you go to collect it, far fetched but worth a shot

That would be a logistical nightmare.

• Like 3

I agree, I don't want to meet Stan Lee, but I'm worried I'll have to queue from crazy early hours because of the people who do! That's not fair. There should be separate queue for people interested in Stan.

• Like 3

I agree, I don't want to meet Stan Lee, but I'm worried I'll have to queue from crazy early hours because of the people who do! That's not fair. There should be separate queue for people interested in Stan.

I agree with this, There should be a separate Stan Lee line :) As someone who is not intending to meet him at the event it would make sense to have two seperate lines, it would probably also make entry much quicker for standard early birds etc.)

Edited by mflowers
  • Like 2

Damn £65 that's quite a steep but I understand why its expensive however, I think its too expensive for me but have fun folks that can afford to buy the photo shoot ticket 2night

Regret not buying the first (cheaper) batch though :no:

• Like 1

I agree with this, There should be a separate Stan Lee line :)

Hey all,

This will be my 1st LFCC trip (I did do the MK & Cardiff ones this year) and am really worried about the queues. My brother and I won't be going for the big stars as such so am hoping to get through as many as possible on the Saturday (need to leave just after 2pm) but will be back on the Sunday, all day, to get whoever is left.

Travelling 3 hours each way, both days (have a concert Saturday evening back home so can't stay over) so will be dedicating a lot of time to this so we are hoping. I think we were spoilt by the MK & Cardiff ones, both events being completed just after lunch so hopefully if we can avoid the Stan Lee / Lena Headey / Natalie Dormer etc. queues and concentrate on our list of 22 guests.

Take care,

Matty-lad

• Like 1

Hey all,

This will be my 1st LFCC trip (I did do the MK & Cardiff ones this year) and am really worried about the queues. My brother and I won't be going for the big stars as such so am hoping to get through as many as possible on the Saturday (need to leave just after 2pm) but will be back on the Sunday, all day, to get whoever is left.

Travelling 3 hours each way, both days (have a concert Saturday evening back home so can't stay over) so will be dedicating a lot of time to this so we are hoping. I think we were spoilt by the MK & Cardiff ones, both events being completed just after lunch so hopefully if we can avoid the Stan Lee / Lena Headey / Natalie Dormer etc. queues and concentrate on our list of 22 guests.

Take care,

Matty-lad

I think because you're avoiding 3 of the most busiest that will be there, when you enter into the building you may be fine and get what you want from the other 22 guests no problem. There will be a queue no matter what though for entry both days, especially if the lines aren't split. We just have to wait and see what the plan is when they post it and see how it is on the day :).

Edited by minchb
  • Like 1

I have already met Stan so whilst it would be significant to have a picture with him at his last European appearance it isn't essential for me. I would however like his signature.

I have aswell about 20 years ago in Sweden, I actually got his autograph on a peace of paper, But.... Ive looked and looked for it, I just cant find it anymore which is annoying. But I remember him sitting there alone atm. Thats why I went up to him and talked to him. Dont have a clue what I said though :D

• Moderators

A lot of people wanting to get in early to get a VT for Stan doesn't necessarily mean anyone that doesn't want Stan is being disadvantaged... if you're the first person in the queue to enter that wants to get a VT for guest X, then all that will change is how many people there are in front of you that DON'T want guest X. Maybe you'll get into the hall 2 minutes later, but you'll still get the first VT...

Yes, some people who DO want guest X may also want Stan and turn up a little earlier than they would have otherwise but they might have turned up before you anyway (and if they prioritise the Stan VT and guest X is the other end of the guest area, you might end up with a lower VT anyway!)

Basically: DON'T PANIC, PEOPLE!

As an autograph collector, I actually do feel a bit disadvantaged, unfortunately there's just no point in whining about it. I really hope I'll be able to get Stan's autograph, it's the main reason why I'm going an entire weekend. But I'm fearing I'll miss out on my last chance of meeting Stan Lee, not cool :(

Also, I very much discourage the idea of having a separate queue for Stan Lee outside. Considering how long that line will be, my Natalie Dormer VQ ticket would be extremely high. I think having separate queues would be rather unfair for those who also want to see other guests that might be busy.

Edited by dogsoldierspoon

• Showmasters Admin

We will have the same amount of time for Stan to sign for the public as before - these extra photo ops are going into slots that were to be down time for Stan, these down times were there as he would have flown in from the US on the Friday .

Now we have agreed to bring him in 2 days before so he is fully rested and ready for the show , so there is not going to be any less time signing than before.

One other thing: Stan is a fast signer and has been signing for decades and knows what to do and luckily his name is short STAN LEE so he will get to meet a lot of you.

He is very much looking forward to seeing you all, as are we.

i just wanted to put everyone's mind at rest on this matter. We have been doing this 20 years now and this has been well planned out, that's why its taken so long to get it all agreed and put together in a way we know will work for everyone.

See you all very soon

Jason

• Like 8