Printing your own 8x10s for autographs..

If you type 'Photobox discount codes' into Google it should come up with various websites and codes.

But actually on their website when you open it there should be some on the first page. I know new users get 50 5x7 prints for free (just pay for postage).

The one I used (I think) was MIXSUMMER (but don't quote me ;) ) it was on their website front page, so it's completely legitimate. Got me around £4.50 off. So I got 12 8x10 prints for £12.50 including postage.

thanks guys. would you say its better to use these rather then buy some photo printing paper and print them on a home printer?? would the quality for signing on be better?

DO NOT DO IT !!!!!!

Even modern home printers are NOT archive Safe and will fade over time. Its worth spending out a few quid to get photos printed via say Snapfish as they are done Optically and not via Ink Jet.

Optically means its all done by exposing photo paper to light like you used to do before digital and there for a Hellva lot safer for archiving.

Theres a big difference

Ah......so bye bye then (in the future) to my Carl Weathers sig of him from Force 10 from Navarone got signed in march on pic printed off myself. :no:

Oh, there goes my recently signed personalised Anthony Daniels C3PO picture :(

I have stuff from a college photography project that I printed out in the late 1990s... keep in mind what the quality of home inkjet printers was like back then and they weren't even printed on the best quality paper (I was on a student budget). They still look as good as they did back then! I also have books that are supposedly printed on archive quality paper and they have visibly deteriorated. There's always an element of luck with these things but looking after them and keeping them somewhere reasonably cool and out of direct sunlight will certainly help.

- G

Edited by SirGeeksalot
  • Like 1

I get my photos printed professionally at photobox, the results are excellent, and I've created three of my own compositions this time for Slavitza Jovan, Helen Slater and Juliet Landau to sign. Juliet has seen hers via Facebook and really liked it. :)

• Like 1

Does anyone know a site or where to download / buy high-res pictures (movies and tv shows) ?

I found fanpop.com is good site. I found there a fantastic high quality pics of Karl Urban and made a Poster through snapfish which looks fantastic. I have now something not many people have :-)

Its better than to print out on your own printer.

Gmorris2504 officialpix.com are always best for star wars prints. Can get hight quality larger sized ones too. Also a lot of rare behind the scenes pics on there. (I don't work for officialpix by the way).

I ordered something from them for Carrie to sign but wasn't sure I'd get it in time though and was surprised to get an email from them saying they realised it was for LFCC and had put a rush on the order and did I want to pay extra for expedited delivery to make sure I got it. Added a bit to the cost but impressed with the customer service. Not used them before. After all that I just hope what I've chosen is a really good quality print but it should be here in next couple of days.

I'm normally happy with the selection SM provide and overall the quality has been very good in recent times, that's if I don't have anything special in mind but occasionally look for something to buy/print in advance.

• Like 1

• Moderators

They usually sign okay - just make sure you give them time to dry before you put anything on top of them (autos on glossy can take slightly longer than on matt to dry)

• Like 2

thanks for the info, i was just worried when the prints arrived that ill pay to get them all signed and they will rub off or not dry. my brian blessed one took ages to dry last year, i bought one of those wallets from a stall once it dryed to keep it safe.

alot of you seem to use this photobox for pictures to sign so they cant be that bad haha. im pleased with how they all came out.

Can't say for certain, but they are usually pretty quick. I ordered mine last Sunday night and they arrived Tuesday (so within 48 hrs). You can also pay for 1day delivery as well (it just costs a lot more).

• Like 1

thanks for the info, i was just worried when the prints arrived that ill pay to get them all signed and they will rub off or not dry. my brian blessed one took ages to dry last year, i bought one of those wallets from a stall once it dryed to keep it safe.

I had problems with autographs rubbing off on each other and smudging, until I bought something like this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Leitz-Signature-Compartments-340x240mm-5700-00-35/dp/B0007OEJNI

(In fact I have one from Falken, but this one should be of equal quality)

It has been my single best buy concerning autographs ever. When testing if I could get autographs to smudge I only managed to do so in one instance when I signed a picture with a thick silver running ink and immediately closed the pages on it. After about 10 seconds I couldn't manage to smudge it anymore. In all normal circumstances it should do the job fine. You can keep your finger between the pages to let it dry a little longer if you're worried. Handy when you have multiple pictures to get signed too, as you can easily flip through them, without constantly touching the pictures.

Edited by robertderidder
  • Like 1

Just to make everyone aware - It's too late to get them for LFCC but if there was anything you wanted to get printed for LFCCW or any of the other shows. Snapfish are doing a 30% off everything code which comes with free standard delivery.

Code - ALL614

• Like 1

thats really cool, i might have to try get myself one of those after the show to store my pictures in until i get them signed.

I had problems with autographs rubbing off on each other and smudging, until I bought something like this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Leitz-Signature-Compartments-340x240mm-5700-00-35/dp/B0007OEJNI

It has been my single best buy concerning autographs ever. When testing if I could get autographs to smudge I only managed to do so in one instance when I signed a picture with a thick silver running ink and immediately closed the pages on it. After about 10 seconds I couldn't manage to smudge it anymore. In all normal circumstances it should do the job fine. You can keep your finger between the pages to let it dry a little longer if you're worried. Handy when you have multiple pictures to get signed too, as you can easily flip through them, without constantly touching the pictures.

thanks so much for that :) when is the offer on till?

Just to make everyone aware - It's too late to get them for LFCC but if there was anything you wanted to get printed for LFCCW or any of the other shows. Snapfish are doing a 30% off everything code which comes with free standard delivery.

Code - ALL614

thats really cool, i might have to try get myself one of those after the show to store my pictures in until i get them signed.

The best use for them is actually at the show, so you can seperate the pictures after they are signed, making sure that they can't rub off on each other and you don't have to keep them in your hands, where sweat may hurt them.