quick Q before ticket purchase :-) ico gold pass

simplest of Q's possibly

Probably there is no autograph pack where the BSG guests are included, however, we were wondering if it were possible to pick the US film guest pack and then clarify that those would be our preferences? :)

we can only try haha

This is by no means a complaint or a moan lol, but do not buy a Gold Pass with high expectations, or any expectation in fact, of the contents of the autograph pack as if I'm honest it is normally far from brilliant lol.

For me it's just an added bonus but I normally end up getting the same pictures over and over again, often not knowing who half of the people are. But as I say that's not what I buy a Gold Pass for. :smile:

This is by no means a complaint or a moan lol, but do not buy a Gold Pass with high expectations, or any expectation in fact, of the contents of the autograph pack as if I'm honest it is normally far from brilliant lol.

For me it's just an added bonus but I normally end up getting the same pictures over and over again, often not knowing who half of the people are. But as I say that's not what I buy a Gold Pass for. :smile:

Quite. To be honest I'd rather not have it but have some other value included in the cost such as an amount of vouchers towards an autograph/photoshoot or free copy of this new show book thing that's been mentioned elsewhere. All the queue jumping, inclusive talks etc is great (if you have the time to get to the talks of course) and very useful but I think with the recent cost increase there needs to be something added to make it better value as it's not really the special thing it was with so many being sold now. I thought very hard before buying one this year with the increase but it's looking like i'll be glad I did the way the lineup is building.

• Like 1

thanks for all the imput...

we decided against gold tickets because the price doesn't really justify the reasons we'll be at LFCC... we'll have a pretty specific schedule and with "maybe they could be in the packs" and reserved seating during the talks" it doesn't necessarily do us any good since all we wanna be is get access to the talk rooms and some autographs/pics which came out a lot cheaper if we booked them separately :)

The Gold Pass is useful if

You want to meet a lot of guests

You want to do a fair amount of photoshoots

You don't want to queue outside the venue at silly o'clock

You don't want to rush (but not run lol) around getting VQ Tickets

You don't want to queue up and wait for your photoshoots.

For me these things make the Gold Pass worthwhile. I'm so used to having one now that I don't feel I'd be able to do the events without one.

Nobody attending the current event will be included in the autograph pack so you are not missing out on anything there. It is always a selection of previous attendees and again not complaining not normally very high profile ones lol

• Like 2

we decided against gold tickets because the price doesn't really justify the reasons we'll be at LFCC... we'll have a pretty specific schedule and with "maybe they could be in the packs" and reserved seating during the talks" it doesn't necessarily do us any good since all we wanna be is get access to the talk rooms and some autographs/pics which came out a lot cheaper if we booked them separately :)

Not that it really matters since you've decided not to get them anyway, but it reads to me that you are under the misapprehension that the autograph pack is for autographs with guests who are at the show. It isn't. It is pre-signed photos mainly from guests who have attended previous events, I believe it is some from the theme of the pack plus a few non-related ones.

Not that it really matters since you've decided not to get them anyway, but it reads to me that you are under the misapprehension that the autograph pack is for autographs with guests who are at the show. It isn't. It is pre-signed photos mainly from guests who have attended previous events, I believe it is some from the theme of the pack plus a few non-related ones.

It is indeed. At Collectormania I received a Lord of the Rings autograph pack with my Gold Pass. I got 4 LOTR autographs (Thomas Robbins, Paul Norell, John Rhys Davies and Brent McIntyre) as well as Hugh Mitchell from Harry Potter (again), Adrian Pasdar from Heroes (again), Alice Krige from Star Trek, a chap from Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes and a few I don't know who they are lol.

For me these things make the Gold Pass worthwhile. I'm so used to having one now that I don't feel I'd be able to do the events without one.

Nobody attending the current event will be included in the autograph pack so you are not missing out on anything there. It is always a selection of previous attendees and again not complaining not normally very high profile ones lol

And if I might add,

You like going to alot of free talks (cause they are all included except Stan Lees)

And if I might add,

You like going to alot of free talks (cause they are all included except Stan Lees)

Of course. I neglected to include that point because I often don't have the time (even with the Gold pass) to go to talks.

And if I might add,

Of course. I neglected to include that point because I often don't have the time (even with the Gold pass) to go to talks.

Often I dont either. But I try :)

I'll be honest and say that talks aren't really my thing and I think I might have only been to 2 or 3 in my 10 years or more attending Showmasters events. At the event in October last year I ended up having a lot of spare time and went to a talk to pass some time. but in the July event last year i didn't have time for any because I was getting a lot of stuff signed by a lot of people.

It will depend very much on what you're getting done and what time you have.

• Moderators

As Jonathan said above depending on how many guests you want to meet depends on what else you'll have time to do so far I've got 21 guests that I have photoshoots booked for and I want autos off them all as well. I really want to attend the BSG, McDiarmid and GoT talks but know il be pushing it with the amount of other things I've got booked