Stargate Movie Reboot

adriangill

Totally unnecessary and pointless IMO. It'll probably completely negate all the story arcs/characters/mythology set up by the TV shows. I think it's sad that all studios/film makers seem to want to do these days is take something that was successful and just try and do it again. Sometimes the original is good enough to stand up on it's own and doesn't need "reimagining". Same goes for the oft-proposed Buffy reboot. Stupid idea. Learn when to leave things alone.

not happy about this at all, seems strange also that the original movie guys are behind it. why didnt they make a sequel or be involved in the tv series back in the 90s?seems strange also that the tv series died on tv and no one would pick it up and now we have a trilogy of movies green lit, though maybe thats why no one would pick it up.

it will probably be cheesy and kiddy friendly in 3d of course.

saying this, i loved the movie and remember not being too impressed they were making a tv series with none of the movie actors, it took my dad to convince me to watch sg1 when it first aired in the 90s. and I loved SG1 and the other series too. so you never know. BUT yeah, right now, im not happy at all about this, its been on the cards for a while but seems to be gathering steam. i guess the one hope is it does involve the original writers/director/producer and with effects these days they could do so much, will be interesting if they stick with the original characters or not

worse though is the remake of cliffhanger which i adore and ID4 which i like, really p*****g me off they are remaking all these good movies, im more upset about those two than stargate, as I think theres more of a chance they wont f*** up stargate. would rather they didnt remake any of them if im honest though

I really don't see the problem with remaking the original movie - I see it as separate to the TV Phenomenon. Roland should be grateful that the Show has given him the opportunity to make more movies... Pretty sure that if SG1, Atl & SGU hadn't been so popular he wouldn't be making this.