The countdown begins.... 6 weeks to go!

Just googling Legend and imdb, I got some names from that. So here they are :)

Will Smith (I am legend)

Jet Lee (The Legend)

John De Lancie (Legend Tv-show, never heard of the show)

Richard Dean Andersson (Legend Tv-show)

And from the movie Legend mentioned above Mia Sara... From Ferris Bueller's day off :) Thats not a bad name there.

I think the "Legend" part is being taken a bit too literally.

I know but we dont have anything else to go on ;) So its that or just doing another "Guest Suggestions" Thread :D

Carrie Fisher is legendary and I reckon its possibly her if not tomorrow then maybe soon.

I remember when Jason said a few weeks back that the person announced would be "cool" and then practically everyone said it was going to be Henry Winkler.

• Like 2

I know but we dont have anything else to go on ;) So its that or just doing another "Guest Suggestions" Thread :D

Carrie Fisher is legendary and I reckon its possibly her if not tomorrow then maybe soon.

I remember when Jason said a few weeks back that the person announced would be "cool" and then practically everyone said it was going to be Henry Winkler.

Well lets hope so :) that would be very nice indeed if Carrie were announced.

Well lets hope so :) that would be very nice indeed if Carrie were announced.

Also, lets face it the word "Legend" is very much banded about in society, "Oh he's a real legend! That John Legend is a total legend, thats a total legend"

My assumption here is that its someone who we all know, whether they are part of OUR Fandom or indeed someone elses, possibly of a certain age or indeed with either a long line of work to their name or indeed known only for a few small BUT pivotal roles. But thats what I feel is tantamount to "Legendary" status.

• Like 1

Also, lets face it the word "Legend" is very much banded about in society, "Oh he's a real legend! That John Legend is a total legend, thats a total legend"

My assumption here is that its someone who we all know, whether they are part of OUR Fandom or indeed someone elses, possibly of a certain age or indeed with either a long line of work to their name or indeed known only for a few small BUT pivotal roles. But thats what I feel is tantamount to "Legendary" status.

Well Carrie fits that sort of... All people know who Luke and Leia is. But not neccesary Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill. But then again people going to theese events knows both :) So well, it fits.

• Like 1

John Carpenter is a legend :)

Exactly. Whilst I'm not that well versed in his works I know he's a very well admired Director.

Well Carrie fits that sort of... All people know who Luke and Leia is. But not neccesary Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill. But then again people going to theese events knows both :) So well, it fits.

Exactly, outside of a Galaxy Far Far Away her resume isn't that long but the movies she's been in have been classics in their own right.

The Burbs.

When Harry Met Sally.

Drop Dead Fred.

JAY AND SILENT BOB STRIKE BACK ;)

Exactly. Whilst I'm not that well versed in his works I know he's a very well admired Director.

Exactly, outside of a Galaxy Far Far Away her resume isn't that long but the movies she's been in have been classics in their own right.

The Burbs.

When Harry Met Sally.

Drop Dead Fred.

Also the blues brothers and some minor cameos in some larger TV shows :) god I hope it's her but I'm trying not to get excited about it so I won't be disappointed if it's not

The Burbs.

When Harry Met Sally.

Drop Dead Fred.

Also the blues brothers and some minor cameos in some larger TV shows :) god I hope it's her but I'm trying not to get excited about it so I won't be disappointed if it's not

Also playing herself in an episode of Sex and the City :)

• Like 1

There aren't that many main Doctor Who guests, most have only had minor roles in classic episodes. Jenna is the only main Doctor Who guest, and there's normally 2. Plus, she did CM last year as well.

Doctor Who and Star Wars are popular and WILL draw fans. Showmasters obviously get a lot of guests from these franchises for a reason, a long with Game of Thrones.

While yes, I do want some guests from less popular shows, we all have to bear in mind that Showmasters is a business and will get guests who enough people are interested in.

Edit: my point is that they will always get a lot of guests from DW, Star Wars and GoT because they are popular and people want to meet the guests. But guests from other less popular shows won't be as popular at the event, so there'll be less of them attending.

This is in response to people saying no more Doctor Who or Star Wars guests

Edited by Sam_Carter96

The Burbs.

When Harry Met Sally.

Drop Dead Fred.

Also playing herself in an episode of Sex and the City :)

Really?! Didn't know that!

Hoping with the yet more Star Wars and Dr Who guests just announced this lengendary guest will be something a little different as most of this years guests come from the same 5/6 franchises and John ratzenberger just cancelled :(

John was a Star Wars guest though :whistling:

i agree with your comment mate about it being from a business point of view, i just hope they keep it varied as they do, not being a dr who fine ill be honest everytime i see a dr who guest announced i feel alittle disappointed but then just look forward to someone else i may be interested in next.

i do agree that they will contine to book dw guests etc because of the popularity as you mentioned, it only makes sense business wise, its just good that they book a variety of other guests too though as it would just end up being a dr who and sw convention which would just be boring to me...and im a star wars fan but i like to see a variety of guests.

There aren't that many main Doctor Who guests, most have only had minor roles in classic episodes. Jenna is the only main Doctor Who guest, and there's normally 2. Plus, she did CM last year as well.

Doctor Who and Star Wars are popular and WILL draw fans. Showmasters obviously get a lot of guests from these franchises for a reason, a long with Game of Thrones.
While yes, I do want some guests from less popular shows, we all have to bear in mind that Showmasters is a business and will get guests who enough people are interested in.

Edit: my point is that they will always get a lot of guests from DW, Star Wars and GoT because they are popular and people want to meet the guests. But guests from other less popular shows won't be as popular at the event, so there'll be less of them attending.

Edited by teabelly83

i agree with your comment mate about it being from a business point of view, i just hope they keep it varied as they do, not being a dr who fine ill be honest everytime i see a dr who guest announced i feel alittle disappointed but then just look forward to someone else i may be interested in next.

i do agree that they will contine to book dw guests etc because of the popularity as you mentioned, it only makes sense business wise, its just good that they book a variety of other guests too though as it would just end up being a dr who and sw convention which would just be boring to me...and im a star wars fan but i like to see a variety of guests.

I'm a doctor who fan but I don't mind there being a mix. Means hopefully people will come for other guess so the ones I want to see with be quieter so I don't have to queue for ages. I know, selfish aren't I? ;)

• Like 1

Not really, alot of people hope they lines arent very big...who likes queues lol. i just think variety is what makes these so much fun and work well, like i said if ti was just a sw or doctor who show im sure the people who attend for other guests wouldnt go.

I'm a doctor who fan but I don't mind there being a mix. Means hopefully people will come for other guess so the ones I want to see with be quieter so I don't have to queue for ages. I know, selfish aren't I? ;)

While yes, I am a Doctor Who fan, so i'm pleased with a lot of guests from that, i'm not a Star Wars or Star Trek fan, so i see it from both points of view.

Showmasters are good at getting a variety of guests, my original post was just to state that the majority will be from DW, Star Wars and GoT. Obviously i'd like all the guests to be people I want to meet from shows I watch, but they have to cater for a huge amount of attendees who all like different films and shows.

• Like 2

Yeah exactly, it swings both ways really...although im a star wars fan but i usually tend to miss out the 'minor' characters to me..i dont usually bother with the stormtroopers,imperial guards etc...i just tend to collect the main cast or any characters with bigger roles in the movies, just me being picky i guess.

its good that we get some variety, although i would say some more horror related guests would be great. lol,

While yes, I am a Doctor Who fan, so i'm pleased with a lot of guests from that, i'm not a Star Wars or Star Trek fan, so i see it from both points of view.
Showmasters are good at getting a variety of guests, my original post was just to state that the majority will be from DW, Star Wars and GoT. Obviously i'd like all the guests to be people I want to meet from shows I watch, but they have to cater for a huge amount of attendees who all like different films and shows.

• Like 1

Hoping with the yet more Star Wars and Dr Who guests just announced this lengendary guest will be something a little different as most of this years guests come from the same 5/6 franchises and John ratzenberger just cancelled :(

John was a Star Wars guest though :whistling:

Cheers,Motel hell and House 2 for me.

Edited by cropsy2008
  • Like 1