David Duchovny

Leonard Nimoy

Adam West and Burt Ward

Tom Cruise

Bruce Willis

William Shatner

Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher

Harrison Ford

Maybe i am aiming to high but these actors in my eyes are legendary and would pay anything to meet

• Like 1

Arnie

Sly would be so happy if it where him

David Duchovny

Leonard Nimoy

Adam West and Burt Ward

Tom Cruise

Bruce Willis

William Shatner

Harrison Ford

Maybe i am aiming to high but these actors in my eyes are legendary and would pay anything to meet

Arnie = too big.

Sly = too big.

Tom = possibly.

Bruce Willis = too damn arrogant.

Harrison Ford = don't get me started :)

Arnie

Sly would be so happy if it where him

David Duchovny

Leonard Nimoy

Adam West and Burt Ward

Tom Cruise

Bruce Willis

William Shatner

Harrison Ford

Arnie = too big.

Sly = too big.

Tom = possibly.

Bruce Willis = too damn arrogant.

Harrison Ford = don't get me started :)

I know there to big but he said there is a legendary actor so i wouldnt judge my predections just yet with yhis post any one is possible

Sly charges about $400 for his autograph at US Conventions so that would be about £250 so yes would be to big

And Harrison about $100 more. But then over here people complain if a guest is more than £10 of what they are willing to spend on a guest....

• Like 1

Well Jason Mews is doing the comic awards on the Saturday, Jay & Silent Bob are doing a tour the week before and they are a legendary duo, so maybe.......DOUBLE PHOTOSHOOT!!!!!

It's definitely this

or Bruce Campbell

but probably Harrison Ford :poki:

• Like 1

Sly charges about $400 for his autograph at US Conventions so that would be about £250 so yes would be to big

And Harrison about $100 more. But then over here people complain if a guest is more than £10 of what they are willing to spend on a guest....

$400 for a scrawl of the pen is insulting. I'm sorry but that's a months food and you're charging that for 15 seconds of time? No, it's not worth it for anyone.

Hope its John Carpenter or someone like that, anyone horror or 80s theres already zillions of SW, DW & GoT guests, and thats not a criticism as i'll meet some of them, just a call for variety.

Edited by cropsy2008
  • Like 2

Well Jason Mews is doing the comic awards on the Saturday, Jay & Silent Bob are doing a tour the week before and they are a legendary duo, so maybe.......DOUBLE PHOTOSHOOT!!!!!

It's definitely this

or Bruce Campbell

Cheeky :)

$400 for a scrawl of the pen is insulting. I'm sorry but that's a months food and you're charging that for 15 seconds of time? No, it's not worth it for anyone.

Guests at Autographica charge around that price. And there are die hard collectors who will pay such prices. I've been lucky and been to two HF Prems and only paid the price of a train fare for three of his Autos. Granted the first prem we were freezing our assets off most of the day as it was early Jan but swings and roundabouts as it were :)

• Like 1

It's definitely this

or Bruce Campbell

Guests at Autographica charge around that price. And there are die hard collectors who will pay such prices. I've been lucky and been to two HF Prems and only paid the price of a train fare for three of his Autos. Granted the first prem we were freezing our assets off most of the day as it was early Jan but swings and roundabouts as it were :)

The only guest I've noticed at Autographica who charges that much is Buzz Aldrin. Mr Aldrin was the second man on the moon and his name is already one of historical significance. I still can't justify paying that much for his autograph, despite being an amateur astronomer, but he is a significant figure. The same cannot be said of a movie star.

And just because people are prepared to pay those prices doesn't justify it. Richard III was prepared to give up his entire kingdom for one horse but that doesn't mean it was worth it. ;-)

It's definitely this

or Bruce Campbell

The only guest I've noticed at Autographica who charges that much is Buzz Aldrin. Mr Aldrin was the second man on the moon and his name is already one of historical significance. I still can't justify paying that much for his autograph, despite being an amateur astronomer, but he is a significant figure. The same cannot be said of a movie star.

And just because people are prepared to pay those prices doesn't justify it. Richard III was prepared to give up his entire kingdom for one horse but that doesn't mean it was worth it. ;-)

I realise that of Mr. Aldrin, and like you I wouldn't pay that much for him, but clearly there are people who definitely would fork out that amount. My appreciation for Mr. Ford (who may not have stepped onto the moon) is of the excitement and tales of daring do that he has portrayed on screen, in fact I will say this, Indiana Jones is much bigger to me than Star Wars.

That said, football fans will pay Christ knows how much on the latest team kits or whatever they are called just for that seasons colours(?) On that line of thinking alone you have people who are Doctor Who fans that will pay whatever they will on whatever they can. Its pretty much down to being subjective.

Please don't get me wrong, I couldn't afford Mr. Fords Autograph nor Mr. Aldrins for that matter so I understand where you're coming from :)

Please don't get me wrong, I couldn't afford Mr. Fords Autograph nor Mr. Aldrins for that matter so I understand where you're coming from :)

It's not a question of affordability, it's a question of capitalist ethics. I see no difference between charging $400 for the scrawl of a pen and the actions of bankers leading up to the crash of 2008. Just because you *can* act a certain way to make obscene amounts of money at the cost of others, doesn't mean you *should*.

So join us for the countdown to London Film and Comic Con, 42 is the meaning of life to some, and to us its also the number of days to go...

Is this a reference to The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy?

Yes it is. So it could be possibly someone from The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy? Maybe?

I would love it to be someone like Martin Freeman or Steven Fry

I can't cope with anymore!!!

Legendary? Depends though doesn't it?

What may be a legend to some, may not be to others. I'll just wait and see and TRY not to get too excited :smile:

I wonder if we're looking at an actor or it could well be a director?

As someone else said, John Carpenter or maybe Romero, George Lucas?

Actors? Harrison, Carrie, Mark?

Roll on Tuesday!! :clap:

• Like 1

In the end, we can throw names around how much we like but we need to think realistically. Sure, we want Harrison Ford to show up or we want Arnold Schwarzenegger to do a weekend signing - but it won't happen. No matter how much we truly want it, it will probably be someone more realistic who has presumably done cons before like Mark Hamill or Patrick Stewart.

I just can't see the point in continuously throwing out names of big, big actors or directors who probably wouldn't even consider doing a con.

• Like 2

Last time you made a big deal of a guest it was for the Stan Lee announcement , so you really have my attention here, can't wait, hope it will be someone I would be interested in, and hope in that case the shop won't be closed for int' order

• Like 1