New for this years LFCC a way to win some really cool items

We will be giving away photo ops with Stan Lee , talk tickets, Gold passes for the winter LFCC as well as free autographs and some amazing promo items from new film releases and new TV shows so you have to be in it to win it.

Can anyone report having won a prize that wasn't a nylon stuff sack from a film that came out last year?

By the time I found where the 'list' of winning numbers were on Sunday, after the stan lee talk , i was told the raffle had closed early..... so was too late to get anything?

Edited by kitten101
  • Like 1

we will have sellers walking up the line over the day and you can buy them at the merchandise stand located at the silent auction stand in the middle , middle of the dealers zone of EC1

programes will be on sale all weekend as long as they last the winning numbers will get called out all weekend and by the ned of the day if a prize is not collected then it will get re given out the next day so by the end of the weekend all 1000 prizes will have been given out.

some of the top prizes will be on display at the Auction stand so check it all out

see you all soon

jason

So yeah..what happened to like...well..most of it besides the selling them part?

No-one knew anything about it until mid-day saturday, then a handful of numbers were put on a piece of paper at random. Those same numbers, and a few new ones were out again sunday, but there was less than 100 numbers 'drawn', let alone 1000's of prizes to be won!? Think this raffle idea went a bit pear shaped didnt it!

• Like 1

I had a couple of checks on numbers over the weekend, one of the winning numbers was within 3 of my programme number, but that was as close as I got. Whilst I got my programme on the Friday when numbers were low, they were certainly well into the 1000s by Sunday, although end of day Sunday the programmes were being given out free, so my two boys got one each as souvenirs on the way out, which I thought was a nice touch, they enjoyed looking at them on the journey back and were flicking through last night.

They were doing an extra spot prizes. A lady next to me got a Stan Lee photo shoot ticket at about 2pm on the Sunday along with the 'Baddie Bag'.

I agree the whole programme raffle could have been handled better.

My friend & I looked at about 4.30 and all had been put away, even though they said it would be up to close of event.

are we ever gonna get a answer for this, as i have stated before im annoyed i paid for my programme to learn they were handed out for free later and goody bags given away. I was at event 9-5pm each day im gutted i didnt get one.

Just want an answer, is the raffle over completly?

Any unclaimed prizes that can be redrawn and posted out?

I know Showmasters are busy wrapping up the show but this is a topic which has annoyed alot of people

are we ever gonna get a answer for this, as i have stated before im annoyed i paid for my programme to learn they were handed out for free later and goody bags given away. I was at event 9-5pm each day im gutted i didnt get one.

I know Showmasters are busy wrapping up the show but this is a topic which has annoyed alot of people

I think they randomly gave the rest away....

Edited by 1of2

• Showmasters Admin

we have given you a full answer, at the end of the day we gave away all left over programs , 100s of prizes were given away over the weekend , and the people that won seemed quite happy with the prizes .

Hope that covers this

Showmasters

im annoyed i paid for my programme to learn they were handed out for free later

There's nothing unusual or immoral about that - when a product reaches the end of it's shelf life it has no value - and indeed might cost seller to dispose of left over stock.

I picked up about £30 of Bakery products on Christmas Eve for free (hooray for freezers!) , just being in the right supermarket at the right time, but I don't expect free food the rest of the year.

we have given you a full answer, at the end of the day we gave away all left over programs , 100s of prizes were given away over the weekend , and the people that won seemed quite happy with the prizes .

Hope that covers this

Showmasters

I've got no problem with the leftover programmes being sold for a pound, or handed out free - that's like a regular sale at the end of a thing's usefulness. I paid a fiver for a raffle programme, and I'd much rather see the leftovers given away to people who want them than dumped.

The thing I have a problem with is the way that the raffle prizes were allocated, and the raffle winners notified. I have no doubt that those who won were very pleased with their prizes, but that isn't the point. The point is that the raffle (which wasn't cheap at a fiver a ticket - we aren't talking a 50p cloakroom ticket, here) should have been run in a way that those paying to take part (as we were all encouraged to do) could have confidence that the prizes were allocated fairly, and that the winners could find out about their winnings in good time. Neither of these things happened.

• Like 1