Showmasters - not so child friendly

• Moderators

At the end of the day, these events are a luxury for all of us. Whatever our situations, we have to save up in whatever way we can to get what we want. It's very hard to make it affordable to everyone.

I must admit it does make it quite expensive, particularly when both of my sons come with and we all have to have an early bird ticket. It certainly helped last time that some of the guests had two photo shoots, so that there wasn't a requirement necessarily to be in the hall for the early bird time. Having said that we always do go for the early bird as we want to get low virtual queue tickets for autos as well.

We have never sold early bird tickets for children. The early bird was made up for the die hard collectors and fans that want to get in early and are prepared to pay a little more to for that privilege. The income from the Early Bird tickets help subsidise some of the free talks that everyone get to see, young and old, for free. Thats why we charge what we do for the Early Bird tickets.

I hope that helps and I hope that also shows we do care and look after our younger fans at LFCC.

So in essence your making the Die hard fans pay for free stuff for the standard tickets. Wow prob not the best answer.

I get that if you want earlier access it comes at a premium but why should that premium be an extra £7 for an adult and an extra £12 for a child, I'd be happy if their was an early bird child's ticket at the same £7 difference likewise with a weekend ticket option.

What Showmasters don't seem to take into accoutn with the pricing structure is that as an Adult going with other adults they simple have their own source of income to pay for this, where as a family of 4 is paid for on e or two adults.

why can't you simply just keep prices fair, if you offer a child rate for one then a child rate should be available for all

A ticketing system based on income would be interesting lol. Tbh the kids probably get more out of the day than some adults, from the displays to the cool toys and cosplayers, could entertain them all day without meeting any of the guests. Yes it's expensive try being a single mother of three with a mortgage but you pay for what you get.

I'm one of those big kids.

At the end of the day, these events are a luxury for all of us. Whatever our situations, we have to save up in whatever way we can to get what we want. It's very hard to make it affordable to everyone.

Well said.

In my opinion there are only four people who are decent enough for me to want to spend money on, two from my greatest Fandom i.e. Paul Freeman and George Harris and then Robert Hays as well as Stan Lee who did his own version of my OTHER greatest Fandom #Catwoman.

Even IF I could afford each and every person at this event and pay goodness knows what- I wouldn't.

• Like 2