Showmasters - not so child friendly

Since when did showmasters become child unfriendly, when we first started coming to these events they had family tickets and now they don't and now this is the worst part.

Considering my children aged 8 and 9 are the sole reason we as a group attend these events, i was shocked to be told over the phone that their is no early bird or weekend ticket available for children if I want the early bird option for my children they would have to pay the full price so what happens if the Stan Lee photo shoots are pre 11am and I'm buying standard entry because I refuse to pay the £17 difference for each child.

Stan Lee will definitely have a photoshoot in the morning and another one in the afternoon.

and one in the evening and one during his sleep, going by the number of shoots he'll be doing ;)

I can just imagineing him asleep in a chair and people standing next to him for their photo. Maybe he has a double to stand in? ;)

• Like 1

Stan Lee will definitely have a photoshoot in the morning and another one in the afternoon.

and one in the evening and one during his sleep, going by the number of shoots he'll be doing ;)

I can just imagineing him asleep in a chair and people standing next to him for their photo. Maybe he has a double to stand in? ;)

That would still make it more interactive than some guests photoshoots! (joke)

I don't think there was ever an option for child early bird.

I dont have kids, but there really should be child early bird I think... There is not much money to loose in having a thing like that. But loads of goodwill to win.

Edited by Wondermoose
  • Like 3

My daughter has been coming to these events since she was 5. If I want to get in early and buy an early bird ticket then I have had to buy one for her, its just the way it has always been. You pay extra for the advantage of getting in early.

• Like 1

Thanks for the responses, i still just think showmasters needs to be more child friendly

I have to say I think they are extremely child friendly. I say this being a mum who brings her austistic son to every event I go to! But as everyone else has mentioned, early bird has never had ones for children to my knowledge! I always come after 11am for that reason. Anyway, Stan Lee's photoshoots will be across the day, rather than just before 11am!

• Like 2

So later 11am is fine but before 11am you have to pay a premium, the staff and crew members are generally nice people and welcoming but I think its wrong to make children pay the extra £17.

If they are going to offer child reduced prices then it should be on all ticket types not just one, dont get me wrong my son has a photo shoot ticket and I'm happy to pay the set price of £45 because it is a set price. I just dont agree with the pricing nor how the lady on the phone said it and ended the call

• Like 1

Well offc you should pay extra for an early bird, even as a child. But I just think its wrong that you have to pay a grownup price for i child. For instance just to throw out a price. The Earlybirds for grownups is £7 more expensive than standard, then £10 would be a fair price for a child perhaps since their standard cost £3... I know you wont change it, I just thought Id speak my mind about it.

• Like 1

It's also good to show them how to get virtual tickets. No adult attending a comic con can outrun a child lol. I've just given myself an idea for a short film! Why do all the best ideas come to me when I'm on forums and typing and I have not planned out what I'm going to say lol. It makes sense! Get in, find Stan Lee, send them over to get the VTs then sit back and enjoy your short wait. Maybe bring your own sandwiches and drinks and just sit outside and enjoy the sun then you can just stroll in and see Stan lol.

• Like 1

• Showmasters Admin

We have never sold early bird tickets for children. The early bird was made up for the die hard collectors and fans that want to get in early and are prepared to pay a little more to for that privilege. The income from the Early Bird tickets help subsidise some of the free talks that everyone get to see, young and old, for free. Thats why we charge what we do for the Early Bird tickets.

I hope that helps and I hope that also shows we do care and look after our younger fans at LFCC.

Edited by 1of2
  • Like 2

We attend as a family and I've done the family ticket and the early bird and I couldn't really complain about either. I think you pays your money, you takes your choice. If you've got a lot of people to see and you're spending 300 plus I don't see the issue with spending an extra few quid. If you're only seeing a few people go for the family ticket.

They used to have an early bird family ticket, not children ones (as far as my memory serves me) we used to get them and bring two of our children but since they do not have this option, we cannot not afford this anymore, we were all set not to come but since the BSG guests were announced, we decided to attend on the Friday, just meself and husband, £12 that's all it cost instead of £60 it would have cost us before we even did anything, we still even might take the kids (it's my birthday on the Saturday and wanted adult comic con time) it used to cost half of that.

Bring it back please!!

Don't worry, showmasters always have a plan, in this case it's painting eyes on his eyelids!

I've just moaned on another thread about children of 12 counting as adults, when they still don't have their own income (but still spend plenty of ours)!

I've bought mine full-price early-bird tickets before, as I understand they are for something extra, rather than the regular day, though this time we are just going standard. Family tickets have never been available to single parents with single children, so never bought one of them anyway.

A ticketing system based on income would be interesting lol. Tbh the kids probably get more out of the day than some adults, from the displays to the cool toys and cosplayers, could entertain them all day without meeting any of the guests. Yes it's expensive try being a single mother of three with a mortgage but you pay for what you get.

• Like 2