Game of Thrones Screening & Commentary at LFCC

Paid £20 for the GOT Talk and could not hear a thing. Paid £20 for the commentary & screening expecting surprise guests only for it to be the same guests as the talk before and i still could not make out what they were saying. No subtitles on screen either and it was the DVD version not digital copy so could easily have been done. Think i would have preferred to stay home and put on the blu ray with commentary than have spent the money on last nights mess, very disappointing for my first con. :thumbdown:

Edited by Hodor

I could hear the guests but I couldn't really hear the episode at all, just putting the subtitles on would have easily fixed that.

On the main site it still says "The surprise guest is not signing at all, not throughout the day and not after the screening." Well, they weren't lying...

It really was an absolute waste of £20. Firstly, people started queuing inside Earls Court in the stage area, only to then be told the building had to be cleared first and then people had to come back in. We were then sent to the back of another queue outside - no idea how anyone knew this queue even existed unless from their experience the previous year.

There were no announcements about ticket numbers in the queue, and it was gone 7pm when a group of people walked towards the back saying they'd been told to go to the back so that people with a lower ticket number would get in first. This was never communicated by a member of staff though.

A very quiet crew member was letting people in by number group and finally a man in the queue shouted out the numbers so that the people behind had a clue what was happening.

When we got in, each row had a number on it anyway, but none of the tickets were checked to make sure people went to the right seats. Some people obviously sat wherever they wanted anyway, as people came to sit on our row and there were no seats left.

The host just loved the sound of his own voice and the competition and piñata just dragged the start out even longer. When the guests were announced, I still thought that someone extra was going to come in as a surprise, and it took a few minutes to realise that was it.

The 3 guests really had nothing to do with the episode, which is probably why they didn't have much to say about it apart from making fart jokes.

Couldn't really hear the guests or the episode, and overall was really disappointed by it. Finally got out just before 9pm - through the doors we hadn't been allowed out through earlier in the day!

We got told that they had to change the episode and guests twice because of last minute guest cancellations. First when Pedro Pascal cancelled, they had to change the episode because he played the main part in it ( I'm sure you can guess which episode that is). Then Natalie Dormer cancelled, who was playing a big part in the episode who they planned to show next. With only very short notice, they had to arrange with HBO to show a different episode again plus set up a guest list with people who appear in that episode.

Of course it would have been nice if Lena would have been there, but I guess SM did their best in the circumstances.

My only wish is, that maybe next time they have subtitles and that the guests sit somewhere at front where more people can see them. 😊

Edited by DaniD

I completely understand if they run into last minute problems. But this needs to be communicated rather than people being left to think there is still a special guest, only to find out there isn't and that they feel like they've had the p**s taken out of them

• Like 3

I completely understand if they run into last minute problems. But this needs to be communicated rather than people being left to think there is still a special guest, only to find out there isn't and that they feel like they've had the p**s taken out of them

Yes, more communication from SM would have helped. Also in regard to where we were supposed to queue.

• Like 1

Yeah, I mean if they'd said at the start that they were sorry but there was no surprise guest and/or they'd had to change who was appearing, I would have been totally fine with that. Instead we got the silly teasing of "the surprise guest is here and someone will meet him on stage" only for it to be a piñata!

And I agree about the queue as well. We asked the staff around the area and they said to queue up inside, then a security guard came over and shouted at everyone to get out - I don't remember him being rude or anything but he seemed under the impression that all of us queuing were doing it against instructions when we'd actually been told to stand there.

I've JUST noticed that the 'special guest' part has been deleted from here: http://londonfilmandcomiccon.com/news/373-game-of-thrones-screening which is where I originally saw it. I don't recall ever being told about this change on the forum? Still can't believe it was a piñata...

I'm seeing:

We are very pleased to announce that we will be doing a Game of Thrones Screening with Commentary with a selection of the cast of the show.

Taking place on Saturday night at Earls Court 2 7pm till 8pm

Tickets are on sale for this event now from our online store

Tickets are only £20 each

This is going to be a great night with some great guests. At last years London Film and Comic Con this event sold out so make sure you get your tickets as soon as you can.

Please Note:

Gold Pass holders will have to buy a ticket. This is an exta activity not covered by the Gold Pass.

The screening will be held on the main talk stage at Earls Court 2 with the lights turned down.

The surprise guest is not signing at all, not throughout the day and not after the screening.

I've JUST noticed that the 'special guest' part has been deleted from here: http://londonfilmandcomiccon.com/news/373-game-of-thrones-screening which is where I originally saw it. I don't recall ever being told about this change on the forum? Still can't believe it was a piñata...

I'm seeing:

We are very pleased to announce that we will be doing a Game of Thrones Screening with Commentary with a selection of the cast of the show.

This is going to be a great night with some great guests. At last years London Film and Comic Con this event sold out so make sure you get your tickets as soon as you can.

Please Note:

Gold Pass holders will have to buy a ticket. This is an exta activity not covered by the Gold Pass.

The screening will be held on the main talk stage at Earls Court 2 with the lights turned down.

The surprise guest is not signing at all, not throughout the day and not after the screening.

Totally missed the bottom bit! :lol: my bad! Edited by minchb

I'm seeing:

Please Note:

Totally missed the bottom bit! :lol: my bad!

No worries it happens. Thought it may have been because I've not refreshed on the page. I wonder if perhaps it was actually Jack Gleeson or Pedro P and things fell through on the former or the cancellation of the second.

I'm seeing:

Please Note:

No worries it happens. Thought it may have been because I've not refreshed on the page. I wonder if perhaps it was actually Jack Gleeson or Pedro P and things fell through on the former or the cancellation of the second.

Nope, just my awful eyes!! Haha. Seems like it doesn't it? I enjoyed the episode though because it's one of my favourite, but just seemed a bit of a shambles, especially with the late start.

I'm seeing:

Please Note:

Nope, just my awful eyes!! Haha. Seems like it doesn't it? I enjoyed the episode though because it's one of my favourite, but just seemed a bit of a shambles, especially with the late start.

Well I'd got it in my head that it was for two hours although not sure where from. I had gone back to base to freshen up about 5.30 and was in fact late getting back (about 7.15pm - 7.20pm) and thought I'd be walking in mid-episode/panel but I found everyone queuing so that worked in my favour. Then however given we exited at about 8.45pm I was disappointed in that regard but did enjoy the guests talking and became a talking point of the photoshoot the following day and with the subsequent autographing ;-)

Well I'd got it in my head that it was for two hours although not sure where from. I had gone back to base to freshen up about 5.30 and was in fact late getting back (about 7.15pm - 7.20pm) and thought I'd be walking in mid-episode/panel but I found everyone queuing so that worked in my favour. Then however given we exited at about 8.45pm I was disappointed in that regard but did enjoy the guests talking and became a talking point of the photoshoot the following day and with the subsequent autographing ;-)

Wow that is very lucky!! I would have been terrified to come in half way through haha. Glad it worked out for you and you actually were able to use it as discussion the day after :D

It really was an absolute waste of £20. Firstly, people started queuing inside Earls Court in the stage area, only to then be told the building had to be cleared first and then people had to come back in. We were then sent to the back of another queue outside - no idea how anyone knew this queue even existed unless from their experience the previous year.

There were no announcements about ticket numbers in the queue, and it was gone 7pm when a group of people walked towards the back saying they'd been told to go to the back so that people with a lower ticket number would get in first. This was never communicated by a member of staff though.

A very quiet crew member was letting people in by number group and finally a man in the queue shouted out the numbers so that the people behind had a clue what was happening.

When we got in, each row had a number on it anyway, but none of the tickets were checked to make sure people went to the right seats. Some people obviously sat wherever they wanted anyway, as people came to sit on our row and there were no seats left.

The host just loved the sound of his own voice and the competition and piñata just dragged the start out even longer. When the guests were announced, I still thought that someone extra was going to come in as a surprise, and it took a few minutes to realise that was it.

The 3 guests really had nothing to do with the episode, which is probably why they didn't have much to say about it apart from making fart jokes.

Couldn't really hear the guests or the episode, and overall was really disappointed by it. Finally got out just before 9pm - through the doors we hadn't been allowed out through earlier in the day!

I support all this. 500+ people paid £20 each... for that SM should have got a "bigger" guest. I was very disappointed with this waste of money. Had SM announced the guest speakers on the website then I would not have bought tickets. One of the guests wasn't even in the episode!

Anybody know who the host was?

It was a very odd choice of episode given the guests present. It was interesting - although I was near the back, the sound quality made it hard to hear what was going on. Especially with the guests generally chatting over the episode, I struggled to make out both strands of sound at once. Subtitles would have helped! Also the stage was not raised sufficiently to see seated guests.

I appreciate plans change last minute, guests drop out, special appearances fall through. But when plans do change like that, everything needs re-thinking, and a different episode should have been screened, one that featured more of the guests who were present!

Also the stage was not raised sufficiently to see seated guests.

In case you mean seated guests at the screening, there were none. There were seats on the stage to start with but these were taken away before the host arrived then during the episode everyone was seated at the side :smile: