Advice for keeping autographs please

I bought a plastic folder display book for the autographs I bought over the weekend, but the pictures signed in silver stick to the wallets and bits of the ink are starting to come off. I moved them to a new display book where the wallets are more flimsy and the same happens! This happens with the silver ink only - black and blue ink is fine - can someone advise me of how to keep them? Thanks.

Not to ask a daft question but did you put them straight into the folder after you got them or did you let the ink dry first? I only ask because I keep mine in a display book but cant think of any times when the ink has started to come off when the signature has dried properly first.

I use A4 wallets from WHSmith! Never had any issues with the autos and that's going back over 10 years (my first autos are from 2001)!!!

I'd to get some other form of storage but with the amount of autos I have... ...that would not be cheap!?!

darryl.

Mine are just on top of each other in a sealed box

Thing with doing this is that as your collection grows the ones at the bottom of the pile will have increasing amounts of pressure on them - so they will degrade quicker then if stored vertically in hanging pockets.

• Like 1

As long as a sleeve is acid free, you should be ok - obviously keeping them out of direct sunlight too.

Some of the vendors at CM and other shows that offer "fancy" products are just preying on the fear of collectors - screwing them out of stacks of cash, in my personal opinion.

I use the storage folders & boxes from Franks Autographs and been doing so for last 3 or 4yrs. Always find him happy to explain how things work and answer any questions might have.

http://www.franksautographs.com/

I also use The storage folders/boxes from Franks Autographs. They are great and they keep all the autographs and photo shoot pictures all together in one Binder box! Been using them for about 2/3 years and they are still perfect from the day I had them! I am now considering buying the mounting kit so I can present them nice too! RECOMMENDED!

I use hard autograph folders to transport my booty home, but that's not good for long-term storage (and yes, items may stick). I therefore put my autos in 10 x 8 acid-free pocket refills and keep them in standard library boxfiles that allow them to hang down so they're not pressing on each other. My photoshoot photos go in 6 x 9 pocket refills in Gainsborough slimline albums. I got the hard folders from dealers at the events (and now have enough to take to any event); the rest I get from Arrowfile.

I tend to keep some of my autographs on my wall stuck up with easy to pull out pins in case I accidentally rip the picture. Some pictures however have been stuck up with blu tac which is annoying as it sometimes rips the back of the picture but meh that's the back and most of these are duplicates of other autographs I keep elsewhere.

I generally prefer having them on the wall as I don't really like the idea of just storing them away never to be looked at again. I should probably mount them I know but that's not really possible now I guess

Now unless I stick more autographs on walls that unfortunately face the windows (so yup are able to get sun damage) I have now inevitably ran out of wall space. So I was thinking without pulling down my other autographs that I should move onto tshirts as you can get more autographs on it than you can anything else

So before getting any signed shirts what is the best way to store signed shirts? I have no cupboard as such so hanging them up is not possible. I was thinking of just shoving them folded into a draw as I have a few empty drawers would that be ok? Does ink on shirts even fade?

I will never wear or touch these shirts unless I'm getting more squiggles on them :rolleyes:

Edited by Sassy1988