Free Bus problems

Hi All,

Just wanted to update you regarding the issues i had with the free shuttle bus yesterday (saturday) arrived at MK central at 11:50 and waited for the 12:15 for an hour at stop F5. The 12:30 also didn't turn up so make sure you give yourself plenty of time to get there so that you do not miss any photoshoots or get a taxi. The bus from MK stadium was late by 30 minutes due at 16:45 turned up at 17:15. I know it was a free bus but i presumed the buses would be running like the times listed on the website. Hope they are better today. Ps the main event CM21 was great would highly rate

Maybe we need two free buses.

I can't find a previous post but regarding driver breaks, they are entitled to lunch and have a certain amount of breaks which register on their taco graph.

Of course they are aloud breaks this post isnt about that it was more the scheduled time SM had quoted for buses free or not. I would gladly pay so not about the "free" turning up an hour late?

Cool fella was just stating my experience on a different thread no reflection on SM just gutted they were so late as missed a photo shoot i wanted as i presumed it would be on time and in the end as i decided to wait missed it :(

The free buses are beyond ridiculous. Had so much bad experience with them last year but thought as it was the first time I'd used them I'd give them another chance. Total waste of time. They are always late or just don't turn up, just glad I don't pre-book photo shoots as missing them due to the free bus would have been a complete waste of money. I know they are free to Collectormania customers but surely Showmasters are paying for this service? And if they are they should be on time as they should have worked the bus timetable out to accommodate driver breaks etc. As it takes no more than 20 minutes to get from the station to the stadium I don't understand why it's so unreliable.

• Like 4

Thanks to the four people whom I shared a Cab with around 10.00am on Saturday. We all put in for the journey and it was only £2 each. There were two woman, one man with a artists case and a man dressed as Dr Who.

It's a FREE bus. Get a cab for speedy delivery to the front door!

Just because it's free doesn't mean we should get a shoddy service. We just want it to stick to the timetable on the website give or take 5 minutes, that's fair. But not 40 minutes!! or turning up at sporadic times.

It's a FREE bus. Get a cab for speedy delivery to the front door!

So, what, if it's free, we should expect them to just not turn up at all? I foolishly thought that if there was a bus laid on for us (free or otherwise) it should actually arrive and leave as scheduled.

• Like 1

Friday & Saturday had problems with bus from train not turning up at all and being late. Ney problems whatsoever Sunday.

As JacknDaniel says, free or not the buses should run to timetable given. Then again do tend say bus timetables are amongst biggest load of fiction.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, as I understand it, SM give the bus company a desired timetable, the bus company then allocates drivers around the Drivers Hours Regulations. I believe this one comes under UK domestic regulations, so the driver has to have a 40 minute break after 5.5 hours of driving. I heard a lot of people complaining, and I'm sure these complaints are being taken into consideration.

This is me talking as a professional PCV driver, not representing anyone.