You've run out of space...

Zahariel

The $64kk question  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Where / How do you continue adding signatures to your item

• Turn it over and use the back cover - you're keeping it in a folder pocket so you'll get to see both sides anyway.
    • Continue over to page 2, you'll know they're there and that's what counts...
    • Start another one - same item just add the rest of the signatures
    • Start a whole new item, only BIGGA!!
    • Leave it as it is (or find someone with a small signature to squeeze into the corner

Ok - hyporthetical question (or not....)

You've got a script / poster / DVD cover / Dust jacket / bit of tat... that you've had signed by quite a few members of a series and they've taken up all the free space on the front.

What do you do now?

Edited by Zahariel

In my opinon the age old maxim "Less is more." applies.

Back in 2010 Angelina signed my Tomb Raider DVD Boxset and no one else has and no one else will be going on it.

And then of course in 2011 JOY OF JOYS!!!! Harrison Ford signed my Indiana Jones Fedora and even with that one bloody good Autograph on it I was more than happy to keep it with just him, then along came the War Horse Prem and Mr. Spielberg went on it and with him Kathleen Kennedy who lets face it had to go on the Fedora. Then Vic Armstrong signed it (lets face it he HAD to be on it) and due to a very fortunate incident John Rhys Davies signed it. I now only have very limited space on it now and ideally (but its not very realistic I grant you) I'd like to have George Lucas sign it as well as Frank Marshall and John Williams.

IMG_8746_zps6a95e7b8.jpg

From thumb to finger is all the available space I have left. (Personally I'm already happy and grateful with the names already on there)

Back in 2010 Angelina signed my Tomb Raider DVD Boxset and no one else has and no one else will be going on it.

And then of course in 2011 JOY OF JOYS!!!! Harrison Ford signed my Indiana Jones Fedora and even with that one bloody good Autograph on it I was more than happy to keep it with just him, then along came the War Horse Prem and Mr. Spielberg went on it and with him Kathleen Kennedy who lets face it had to go on the Fedora. Then Vic Armstrong signed it (lets face it he HAD to be on it) and due to a very fortunate incident John Rhys Davies signed it. I now only have very limited space on it now and ideally (but its not very realistic I grant you) I'd like to have George Lucas sign it as well as Frank Marshall and John Williams.

From thumb to finger is all the available space I have left. (Personally I'm already happy and grateful with the names already on there)

Make sure you don't wear it out in the rain. ;)

• Like 1

I'd rather eat my hat than ever wear it out- in fact it NEVER leaves the apartment. :)

I'd rather eat my hat than ever wear it out- in fact it NEVER leaves the apartment. :)

You'd be ok in sunny southend. ;)

Somehow I don't think it would be that tasty. lol!

• Like 1

Sun? Southend? Sun? What is this strange mythological concept you speaketh of? :)

I actually have never tasted it. Hoping that I never do hahahah

Hmm ! Good question.

In the case of a book, when the front inside pages were full I've moved onto the next pages.

I've tended to be quite limited as to who I would get on a DVD cover for example, so I think the most I have is on my Captain Kronos DVD, where I have 8 signatures, but actually started with them signing the inside cover anyway as the front was quite dark !

Sun? Southend? Sun? What is this strange mythological concept you speaketh of? :)

*looks out of window* its the big round glowy thing in the sky. :P

*looks out of window* its the big round glowy thing in the sky. :P

Yikes. I don't think I've ever seen that before. Give it about two minutes and it'll go in... Fellow Essex Forum Friend :)

• Like 1

Nuh uh, its Saaaafend (as some here say it) or SouTHend as one says it.

* Longest pleasure Pier in the World.

* The Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Charles and Camilla have all visited.

* EastEnders often films down here.

* Jamie Oliver, Come Dine With Me, The Bill, Minder, have filmed here.

* Sienna Miller, Paul Freeman, Usain Bolt, Sean Bean have all been down here.

* Lara Pulver (The dominatrix from Sherlock) was born here.

* Mike Edmonds (Jabba the Hutts Tail and Logray the Ewok) used to live locally and is known to frequent a certain supermarket (which for obvious reasons I'm not going to name.

* Phil (Stella Street/Spitting Image) Cornwell is a local boy.

* Phil Jupitus is also local.

* Daniel Radcliffes Grandma is local.

* Maisie Smith, David Witts, Terry Alderton, Kierson Wareing, and Kellie Bright (all who either have been in EastEnders or are in it) all come from Southend.

Oh, and I was born here as well :)

*Waves the Southend totally rocks flag*

P.S. Southend on Sea has the longest pleasure pier in the World which is over a mile long, bring your Family and Friends for a wonderful day out in Southend.

P.P.S. You know that Cadburys Chocolate Ice Cream advert? Where that dude gets an ice cream from the icecream van? And it rains and he like does cartwheels and stuff? That was filmed on the Seafront.

P.P.P.S. Recently LOST Peter Sellers films were shown FIRST here in Southend and HOLLYWOOD actor Mackenzie Crook attended the opening gala.

P.P.P.P.S. Leanne Jarvis? From the Voice last year, she's from Southend as well.

*Whistles a merry tune knowing he's done his bit*

• Like 2

I once wrote a tune called a Saaffend Waltz...got played at leigh folk festival. I was quite chuffed.

....no one asked for my autograph on the original manuscript though. ;)

Edited by LadyDeTemps
  • Like 1

I once wrote a tune called a Saaffend Waltz...got played at leigh folk festival. I was quite chuffed.

....no one asked for my autograph on the original manuscript though. ;)

Leigh folk festival? Wow! :) I'd ask for your Autograph :)

I actually attend college at Southend :) I knew about the peter sellers event months ago due to my course ;p I helped in the pre planning!

Ta,

Che-Snake :)

Blimey! I have a feeling I already know the answer to this but by any chance is your tutor called Guy? If so I used to do work experience for him, at the Red carpet event a few weeks ago he remembered me even though it would have been in 1997/98 I worked for him.

• Like 1

This happened to me with a Doctor Who book. The inside front cover was full so I have now started collecting the signatures on the inside back cover. :smile:

I did that too, then I started sticking extra pages in.

Then I figured it was easier to just carry blank paper in and deal with them afterwards - the book was rather heavy!

Ah, the Essex crew. :P

lol

I'm Essex born as well, spent the first 2/3 of my life there.

I was in Exeter M&S about 10 years ago and there was a pensioner just generally bad mouthing the people of Essex, and the hospitals especially. It was rather amusing that I was standing just behind him with my sister and mother hearing all this, all with a sly grin. But its the only I've ever been tempted to say Oi!. Which really would have shown my roots.

Edited by TerraHawk

This happened to me with a Doctor Who book. The inside front cover was full so I have now started collecting the signatures on the inside back cover. :smile:

I did that too, then I started sticking extra pages in.

Then I figured it was easier to just carry blank paper in and deal with them afterwards - the book was rather heavy!

Ah, the Essex crew. :P

lol

I'm Essex born as well, spent the first 2/3 of my life there.

I was in Exeter M&S about 10 years ago and there was a pensioner just generally bad mouthing the people of Essex, and the hospitals especially. It was rather amusing that I was standing just behind him with my sister and mother hearing all this, all with a sly grin. But its the only I've ever been tempted to say Oi!. Which really would have shown my roots.

I believe the correct term is 'Oi mate!' ;)

Edited by LadyDeTemps

I voted for : Turn over and use the Back Cover.

That's what i'm gonna do with my scripts - As for the shows I don't have scripts for or have such a large ensemble cast, I'll go with A4 posters on photographic paper. I'll buy 2 so that if / when one gets full I can start another and just slide it in behind the other. Either that or side by side... depends...

EDIT - Interesting that it's soo evenly split at the moment too

Edited by Zahariel