Please sign some more guests!

Ihartdrama

Its just a shame that guests are being announced for events that are next year when this years are falling by the wayside! Great for the people going next year but have to admit it is a little annoying for us that are coming in a few months!!!

I know that but from a customers point of view it doesn't look like much is being done to even try and get guests for this, I'm not saying thats the case but when you see cast from shows asking their fans via fb and twitter what events theyd like to be seen at then surely you can see from a ticketholders pov why folk are a little miffed.

• 2 weeks later...

we will probably get "don't worry, they're working on it!" as a reply... but now with the announcement of Belfast F&CC [edit: weekend thereafter] we're getting worried :angel::crying:

Edited by twinzz
  • Like 1

Again, if we had some more info - like Party Themes to build the excitement a little....another thing that doesn't need guests/money to be announced but it might let people know they're thinking of us and just haven't bothered even updating something like that....it'd be helpful. I know a lot of people are holding out on guests/info before booking and booking other cons because they know to expect more than 2 guests...not good when this is only 4 months away!!

Just a simple don't worry we are working on it would at least make us feel like something is being done, this silence is not very encouraging!!!

My last "don't worry, ME are working on it" isn't even three weeks old. But if that makes everyone feel better I can assure you this is still the case.

It's two days before the busiest show ever. I totally understand that you feel neglected, but party themes etc. will not be announced now. The office is absolutely swamped. I've been helping out with email enquiries for several weeks now to ease the burden. But who knows, sometimes flyers with new guests have appeared at the events, especially LFACC.

i love this event but tbh party themes at least should have been in place months ago and way before LFCC so fail to see this as an excuse - whilst we understand this weekend is busy there are other signing events coming up after this so are we just getting pushed back further and further with each new one that crops up? It just is always so late all the time we have to wonder if anyone listens to the forums and comments as this has been said so many times before.!

Edited by buffy2k
  • Like 1

we think the "problem" might be that the last "don't worry" message might have been only 3 weeks away..but in the greater scope of things, with the event creeping up every day, the last official thing we heard from ME was in December, with the second guest announcement. Since then, people have been waiting for messages, party themes, anything

it might sound like people (us...) are repeating themselves but we don't have anything else to do or talk about. We can't encourage people to buy tickets for an event no one knows anything about, which brings everyone into a catch22 because no tickes = less funds = less guests/possibilities which then brings people back to feeling anxious about the event still continuing, especially if they've already paid for tickets and have other things to look forward to as well. We know LFCC takes precedent, but it kind of feels like everything is taking precedent to Hallowhedon. Chevron's got guest announcements, party themes are being announced all over, there's the Sherlock thing, which is all very exciting, we'd love to attend...but we kind of would love to attend Hallowhedon and feel like this con carries the same importance than any of the other ones

So the message might only be 3 weeks old, but to the ones who are looking forward to this, it's another 3 weeks that have gone by without any change in the situation

• Like 1

Chevron guest cancellation and a replacement announced shortly after. Am I missing something here? If this event is going to be cancelled can ME just go ahead and tell us please. In terms of value for money it's pretty clear about which event I should be attending. <_<

At this point it feels like we are whistling into the wind as far as getting any kind of official communication from ME is concerned. Frankly it's unacceptable that they expect us to fork out for tickets, hotel and travel but won't respond to genuine worries that we have.

After the debacle that was the quiz and discos last year this will be my last Hallowhedon unless there is a massive improvement in the organisation and communication.

I've been waiting for another guest just to decide if I want to go. Sometimes you have to spend money to make money and I think this is one of those time.

I actually really like the two guests they have announced - I haven't meet either of them before but I would like to know if there are going to be more guests and not last minute replacements that I've meet before.

I don't think "we're working on it" cuts it anymore either. Other organisers seems to be able to sign guests months in advance and answer questions asap, have any other guests even been asked?. I am not sure a lot of people would be willing to forgive another event like hW4 where nothing seemed to be sorted & with just 3 guests, who luckily for ME saved the day. The problem now is it is just too late for some who have not booked waiting on guests so this will affect sales which is not the fans fault this is purely down to lack of organisation (again)!, We were asked to promote to others, but how on this basis?

No company can expect to sell tickets without communication and just 2 guests and no party themes which would have taken 5 mins to announce. This is not really acceptable & very unfair on those who have attended loyally for years and paid months ago, also for our newbies. There are a lot of unhappy people who are voicing concern on forums and although we have all been patient, there is a limit but nobody seems to be listening to paying clients. It should also not be down to other fans to reassure other that this event will be "alright on the night" either.

No doubt the fall out of LFCC is taking all the time along with the 7 signing events coming up before us so where do we fit into this it seems ME/SM just are doing more signing events with not enough staff. If ME conventions are separate there should have dedicated staff who are not spending all their time on SM's signing events?.

We all love this event & SM/ME know the guests sell, but its all about pre-organisation or lack of as has been said so many times before but nobody listens, we were so hopeful last year too!, This could be such a great event for many years but right now just very frustrating. The days of fans paying for any con with no guest list have been over for many years, those who remember certain buffy cons of old will know why.

Its now time someone in charge addressed us with something concrete and before people lose total faith which would be a shame.

Edited by buffy2k

I have tried not to say it but it is true. Announcements can't be made until the guest is confirmed, but it is wrong that there have been no updates for so long. It will put people off buying tickets, even if the guests are huge it come too late for some to book. Last year had a fantastic line-up.

I am so hopeful this event will still go ahead and will be very upset if it doesn't, but there really should be some update even the party theme would be nice (I guess Halloween party goes without saying).

I'm going to be really annoyed if ME try and run an event with 3 guests again. I paid out as soon as I got back from HW5 to support the event and so far the 2 guests we have I've already met. No way worth a gold ticket to me. Last year I had a great time and was finally able to meet guests I hadn't met before and see friends but this was when there was a good amount of guests. Mark and Danny are great but this is beyond disappointing. There's no way I'll be parting with money that fast again. I thought ME had really got their act together after last year but considering we have heard absolutely nothing I guess it was all just wishful thinking. Just tell us something, anything. It only takes a few minutes to type something on a forum.

• 1 month later...