any tips for a first timer :-)

Even though all the information is available once there, I always go with a list of the guests I want to meet (even the ones who are a may or may not meet), the cost of their autographs and the times and areas of photo shoots. As I am always on a budget and with my kids, I like to be organised and having a list helps me out in making decisions on day, especially when it is busy! But I always double check the photo shoot times when I get there as they are subject to change on the day, so always double check when you get there, that there have been no changes.

Where are the times put up on the day?

They'll be everywhere really. Each photoshoot area will have all the photoshoot times there with that specific area highlighted, the talk areas will also have all the talk times with that area's talks highlighted. The helpdesks and sales desks will have everything up as well as them being dotted around the hall too.

Edited by Zahariel
  • Like 1

They'll be everywhere really. Each photoshoot area will have all the photoshoot times there with that specific area highlighted, the talk areas will also have all the talk times with that area's talks highlighted. The helpdesks and sales desks will have everything up as well as them being dotted around the hall too.

:)

One more question...will the place where you buy tickets for the autographs be clearly marked? I've got a feeling I'm likely to end up queueing in the wrong place otherwise. lol

Before you go plan who you want to meet, come up with a budget & stick to it. All prices are on here.

If possible get an Early-Bird ticket, the earlier you get in the better, & buy any photo shoot tickets before the event as queues at the ticket booth can be quite long.

Plan how to get to the event (planes, trains, automobiles).

Decide what you would like to have signed & if at all possible buy it before the show & bring it with you. There will be a large amount of images to choose from at the signing tables & also a hall full of dealers selling various items. BUT if that special image/photo/item you want to have signed by your favorite star isn’t available it can leave you disappointed with your experience. That won’t be ShowMasters, the star, the dealers or the crews fault…that’s all down to not planning beforehand.

If possible use cold hard cash on the day. Vouchers are useful but on the day they are only available from the ticket/information both, again quite long queues there.

As soon as you get in get any Virtual Queue (VQ) tickets you might need. The bigger the name the bigger the demand so the lower VQ numbered ticket you get the quicker you will meet the guest.

Pack anything you are taking the day before, no reason to leave it to the last minute & forget something like your camera or tickets.

THERE WILL BE LOTS OF STANDING & WALKING so comfy shoes, food/snacks & most importantly water.

Be prepared for large crowds. This event is going to be massive.

Above all else enjoy it & have fun.

Edited by 18blue78

I agree with everything 18blue78 has said except part of this line:

"THERE WILL BE LOTS OF STANDING & WALKING so comfy shoes, food/snakes & most importantly water."

I really would not suggest bringing any snakes with you. Snakes really aren't all that interested in these shows and can get bored easily!

• Like 2

THERE WILL BE LOTS OF STANDING & WALKING so comfy shoes, food/snakes & most importantly water.

Snakes? Is that to clear the crowd? ;)

HAHA! You found out my big plan. That's my fault for not checking the auto-correct (head in hands, sobbing a little & very red faced).

THERE WILL BE LOTS OF STANDING & WALKING so comfy shoes, food/snakes & most importantly water.

Snakes? Is that to clear the crowd? ;)

HAHA! You found out my big plan. That's my fault for not checking the auto-correct (head in hands, sobbing a little & very red faced).

Instead of snakes on a plane...snakes at a comicon...it'll be a film soon. ;)

Whichever guest you are planning to see , get their VQ ticket before anything else otherwise you wouldn't be able to see them if the ticket run out then feel free to explore the dealers stalls and everything else

was thinking about taking my 4 yr old who is already a big star wars and marvel fan, but in all honesty, how hard would it be? I've never been to a convention. we could go any day or time and at most he'd probably just enjoy soaking in the costumes and atmosphere, perhaps an auto or photo from ian mcdermid or dave prowse. not that he'd fully appreciate it now, but one day. any genuine thoughts/recommendations?

....oh and hello!

Edited by dannyboy321

was thinking about taking my 4 yr old who is already a big star wars and marvel fan, but in all honesty, how hard would it be? I've never been to a convention. we could go any day or time and at most he'd probably just enjoy soaking in the costumes and atmosphere, perhaps an auto or photo from ian mcdermid or dave prowse. not that he'd fully appreciate it now, but one day. any genuine thoughts/recommendations?

....oh and hello!

Depending on the day, it could get rather crowded so if your son has a thing against big crowds, it might not be that good of an idea. Otherwise, I'd say it's pretty straight forward. Plenty of cosplayers around, great stalls selling things he will certainly want to have - even though I am not quite certain spending £70 on an autograph from Ian McDiarmid is that good of an idea for a 4-year old. :)

Why not think about some cosplay for your son?

I have seen some amazing cosplay for kids on places like reddit.

One that stands out in my mind is a child dressed up as a jawa, with the light up eyes and everything. It looked awesome.

• Like 2

....oh and hello!

Depending on the day, it could get rather crowded so if your son has a thing against big crowds, it might not be that good of an idea. Otherwise, I'd say it's pretty straight forward. Plenty of cosplayers around, great stalls selling things he will certainly want to have - even though I am not quite certain spending £70 on an autograph from Ian McDiarmid is that good of an idea for a 4-year old. :)

ha ha, no I think you're right. just like his vintage star wars models collection....which we're obviously for him, clearly, not for dad, no doubt about it ;)

we live in london and so could go early. when are the busiest times?

thanks in advance

ha ha, no I think you're right. just like his vintage star wars models collection....which we're obviously for him, clearly, not for dad, no doubt about it ;)

we live in london and so could go early. when are the busiest times?

thanks in advance

Usually, it's Saturday. It's always the busiest day of the con, but considering the amazing line-up, I wouldn't be surprised if there's more crowds than usual. I'd recommend a full day on Sunday, but that's just me. I'll be there all three days.

Hello, I also have newbie question. I already went through FAQ but I was wondering can I pay for tickets for photoshoot and autographs with my card? Or is it just cash? I didnt find this anywhere but I might be blind :)

• Moderators
From the FAQ:

What ways can I pay for an autograph?

Cash - You pay the crew member at the guest's desk.

Credit Card - You can pay for autographs by credit card at the photo shoot/ credit card sales desk. You will be buying show vouchers. These are not guest specific and come in various denominations (£5, £10, £20). You then use these vouchers like cash at the autograph desk.

Photoshoots can also be paid for by card at the sales desk.

• Like 1

From the FAQ:

What ways can I pay for an autograph?

Cash - You pay the crew member at the guest's desk.

Credit Card - You can pay for autographs by credit card at the photo shoot/ credit card sales desk. You will be buying show vouchers. These are not guest specific and come in various denominations (£5, £10, £20). You then use these vouchers like cash at the autograph desk.

Photoshoots can also be paid for by card at the sales desk.

Thank you, I had to skip this somehow :blush:

If possible I would do this in advance though the online shop - The sales desk can and will be very busy first thing on all days. Though there are no actual autograph tickets, there are £10, £15 and £20 vouchers that can be bought and exchanged for autographs.

If possible I would do this in advance though the online shop - The sales desk can and will be very busy first thing on all days. Though there are no actual autograph tickets, there are £10, £15 and £20 vouchers that can be bought and exchanged for autographs.

Well in my experience the salesdesk are superbusy most of the day... atleast on friday and saturday. Arent there £5 aswell?

....oh and hello!

I have taken my autistic son for the last couple of years, even made the trip from London to Cardiff. Yes, it gets busy and no he does not always enjoy it, but if you plan your time well, then there is no reason why there should be a problem. I always make sure I have something to distract him in any queue and I always take him to the gaming zone as our compromise when he is getting a bit annoyed with everything!