we are on our way to 100 TV/FILM guests for this years event

I really wish for Peter Dinklage to come again this year. I missed him last year and his performance in the last episode of GoT was nothing short of epic.

He probably won't personalise the photo for you though, which is a shame. I got his autograph last year and felt ripped off somewhat for the £30 I paid. Apart from hello, he was so busy, he just signed and that was it :(

As for guests I'd like to see:

Maryam D'Abo (it's been some years since she last attended a Showmasters event)

Arianna Richards (i missed her last yr)

Stephen Amell

Caity Lotz

Emily Bett Rickards

Manu Bennett

Kevin Conroy

Timothy Dalton

Maggie Q

I really wish for Peter Dinklage to come again this year. I missed him last year and his performance in the last episode of GoT was nothing short of epic.

He probably won't personalise the photo for you though, which is a shame. I got his autograph last year and felt ripped off somewhat for the £30 I paid. Apart from hello, he was so busy, he just signed and that was it :(

That's a shame, though I wouldn't mind a non-personalised autograph. I can understand why he'd be so busy. :< His character has become so well known and he's become so popular these days. He did an AMA on reddit and it blew up within seconds.

I'd just like to be able to see him in person though honestly! XD It'd be awesome if you could have multiple actors in a photoshoot (not sure if you can) cause I'd get both him and Lena if I could. If he came of course!

Edited by retconned

I count 86 TV/Film guests so far, which is amazing! Is there often a rush of announcements closer to the time as their schedules clear up?

Well I donno if tis because their schedules clear up... Might be :) But there usually is a rush in the end yes! :)

I count 86 TV/Film guests so far, which is amazing! Is there often a rush of announcements closer to the time as their schedules clear up?

Well I donno if tis because their schedules clear up... Might be :) But there usually is a rush in the end yes! :)

A big part of the fun! :)

• Like 1

i have said it before less is more. its all very well having x amount of guests from several genres but personally i am well spoiled for choice. i am currently on 35 for guests and coming up to a grand already and its not june yet. cmon guys give us working class a chance to breathe eh? ok so i dont have to go for 35 guests but if i want them and they are attending what am i supposed to do? wait and hope that they will turn up again? no i dont think so. the bubble will burst and people like me will stop attending purely because we can no longer afford to turn up at was once a memorable experience but no it seems its money driven and management think that the more guests that are in attendance the more public will turn up. well no i dont think thats the case as if guests are going to be £70 plus and that i suspect is just the beginning then everybody loses and noone wins. i am probably wrong and i can imagine the backlash i will have for posting this but its just my opinion.

• Like 2

ive no complaints with the number of guests attending the convention doing photos etc. for me the convention as big as this needs to have a large number of guests from a wide range of film and tv shows along with the comic guests to get the maximum number of people in and be a success. I know im not going to be able to meet everyone I want to meet so im just focusing on the guests I want to meet the most like brooke tessmacher

• Like 1

seems ridiculous to complain about the amount of guests, if showmasters have a chance to book a particular guest ( a chance that might not necessarily arise again due to schedules etc), then they should go ahead and do it. For every person who wants to meet 20 guests, there will be a person who only wants to meet a couple of guests. SM need to offer a variety of guests to appeal to the casual fan

• Like 2

what am i supposed to do? wait and hope that they will turn up again?

Yes, that's what you have to do. It may be annoying to you but that's life. And isn't it better that the guests come to this one than none at all? Yes a guest may never come back that you didn't get an auto and/or photo because you prioritised someone else, but others managed to get them who did prioritise them. People are different and will just so happen to prioritise a guest who can't return that you didn't. I personally am sad I couldn't attend my first LFCC last year as I missed Peter Dinklage and he may never return since he's a busy guy, but that's life!

Having more guests is great for the diverse amount of people who have a range of different tastes.

• Like 2

ok so i dont have to go for 35 guests but if i want them and they are attending what am i supposed to do? wait and hope that they will turn up again?

True. The flip side is part of your own point though. As you state, there is the possibility that if a guest is not booked for an event they may never be available for a future event. It is better to get a guest, and to give the opportunity to those that can see them, than to not book them and deny everyone.

I do understand what you are saying. Like many, I have a budget which will not meet the demands of who I want to see. That said I still think that more guests are better for everyone though. It is down to each individual attendee to prioritise the options within their available budget.

seems ridiculous to complain about the amount of guests, if showmasters have a chance to book a particular guest ( a chance that might not necessarily arise again due to schedules etc), then they should go ahead and do it. For every person who wants to meet 20 guests, there will be a person who only wants to meet a couple of guests. SM need to offer a variety of guests to appeal to the casual fan

It doesnt seem ridiculous at all. Bigger isnt always better as has been proved by other events.

Although I do agree we will all have to make choices that weekend that we are going to regret by meeting some guests and not others.

I really want to book my photoshoots but have visions of having to run back and forth between buildings.

• Moderators

It always has to be better to have the choice to meet guests if you want to, or can work it out financially etc.

It'd suck if we were limited to 10 guests or something just so everyone could afford everyone. There's many reasons not to limit it.

As I will be crewing, I am still waiting for timetables until I can buy any photoshoot. I will be free on Sunday afternoon, so I will only buy photoshoots that will be planned on Sunday afternoon ... :D

I don't normally respond to these mails, But SM want 100 guests, That's great for us fans. I say bring it on. It is going to be a mad show. I only do Photos and so far over the 3 days got about 60 booked. I might not get to see all the guests but I will do my best. For those who complain about money.. May I suggest saving ten pounds a week, by this time next year, you would save five hundred pounds. Roll on Earls court We are ready for Ya :blink2:

• Like 4

A big part of the fun! :)

Big part of the hole in the wallet ;)

I think I'm lucky for my first year there is only a handfull of guests I'd like to see*, and they won't be the really busy ones. So hopefully I get a chance to get round the whole thing, as well as sampling the talks and getting photo's/autos.

*Don't read comics, Don't watch shows like game of thrones etc. Mainly a Doctor who fan with a fondness for stargate and a brief dabble with star trek. ;) I'm more a historical drama watcher than a sci fi these days...lol!

• Like 1

More is certainly better IMHO. The fans are quite diverse and it gives us all something to choose from.

The other pay off is that the bigger the event, the bigger the names that it will attract. I hope it just keeps getting bigger and bigger each year. It could eventually rival SDCC!

Ive heard complaints from dealers that "they spend very little time and money in the stalls and all time and money on guests". For me the guests is why I go. Thats the mainreason for me to travel all the way... So bring em on! (Although I want to raise a little flag for the "smaller" guests, they will most likely suffer when there are so many question is how much. )

• Like 1